Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
BLACK_ANVIL_GARAGE

Trader Rating: (0)
BLACK_ANVIL_GARAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Mazda b2200 drift truck

Well, welcome to my project. My name is Alex from Ottawa Ontario Canada...... EH!

for additional pic's check out my instagram @black_anvil_garage.

I've decided to embark in quite a big project. Pretty much build from ground up, a drift truck. Using body panels from a MAZDA B2200, B2600. Suspension will be stolen from a S13... meaning complete front and rear subframes and all attached components. Motor selection is a 1JZ GTTE completely stock (for now).

My obvious inspirations come from Engineered to slide's Nigel Petrie and his fully fabricated Toyota Hilux. If you haven't seen his work please take a minute to check this link....

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/10/...o-slide-hilux/

Also a big influence is Viktor Martensson's 1jz Powered VW Caddy (Link below)

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/...-1jz-vw-caddy/

Both Viktor and Nigel's attention to detail and hands on approach to every part of a vehicle are what drives me to learn and challenge myself each day when I enter the garage.

Just to give reason to why I chose the MAZDA B2200, Ive pretty much grown up around these trucks. I currently daily drive this one...
IMG_5366 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

IMG_5365 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

I fully converted it from torsion bar/leaf sprung suspension to full coilover suspension.
IMG_5367 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

IMG_5368 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

ANYWAYS!!!!! Back to the reason for being here.....

To get things started I picked up a decent cab from a local scrap yard for $56 CND with some help from my Pops and some good friends.
Untitled by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

Untitled by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

Next was my order of steel.
IMG_5342 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

I jumped right into it and stripped the cab of what was left and cut out the floor and tunnel to make room. Tossed some fenders, grill and bumper around everything to see what it would look like.
IMG_5351 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

This will be the ride height of the cab and hopefully nothing will be lower then the top of these blocks.
IMG_5357 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

IMG_5345 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

IMG_5353 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

I tossed the 240sx subframe, LCA's and knuckles under everything to check for clearances...
IMG_5354 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

The Garage is quite a mess but im super excited to have started this
IMG_5364 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr

IMG_5358 by Alex Lachance, on Flickr
So far that's how she sits.... still waiting on some stuff to come up. Ill be mocking up some of the frame tomorrow... pic's to follow
BLACK_ANVIL_GARAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links