Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 11-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #61
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
you should be the last person to complain being the Euro to Yen is about 1EUR too 114Yen.

i think he would have to convert his USD to EUR... then EUR to YEN (What's the point?). Unless he gets paid in EUR in which case he would bank practically anywhere.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #62
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigalow311 View Post
i think he would have to convert his USD to EUR... then EUR to YEN (What's the point?). Unless he gets paid in EUR which would allow him to bank practically anywhere.
idk, but as of today 1 EUR = 113.7200 JPY

as I call 1eur= 10 sarkosy frank's
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #63
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I thought you might have a JP Paypal account. I have a US Paypal, but if you have a Japanese bank account, you cannot link it to a US Paypal account. Therefore, I setup a JP Paypal account in order to transfer money to my American account. At that point, I realized there was no "send funds" option and looked into it. That's when I found the Paypal article saying you can't send funds from a JP Paypal account. Lame.

I wanted to use Paypal to send money to my American bank account since I get paid in Yen. Nothing can ever be that easy though and I had to find another option.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #64
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
I hope this gets better for the summer. My JP friend and I are planning on a visit next May or so..
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #65
Geno750
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Geno750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Geno750 Send a message via Yahoo to Geno750
Suddenly those 3million yen a year teaching english in Japan jobs don't seem that bad anymore.
Geno750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #66
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
ok I'm having a brain fart, someone help me understand.

If the Japanese Yen is dropping in relation to the American Dollar, isn't that good for the Japanese economy because it's worth more? Obviously for Americans that isn't good news
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #67
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post

If the Japanese Yen is dropping in relation to the American Dollar, isn't that good for the Japanese economy because it's worth more? Obviously for Americans that isn't good news
It's a double edge sword. They have more buying power, but at the same time, their products become more expensive. With the inflated currency, it is more expensive for countries to import Japanese goods.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #68
NINJAS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
NINJAS14 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

You have to understand that most of Japan's money is made form Exporting goods. And this weak dollar is an advatage to america as well. because now the US' exports increase.

The reason why Japan's recovery rate is so slow is because they dont get to do what they want to. Japan is pretty much America's bitch. Japan should just start printing a shit ton of Yen to make their currency weaker to balance out at least themselves but there is no way the US would let them do that.

Japan is in a really shitty position. They are always under the impression that America would protect them and take care of what is needed, but they are slowly starting to realize that the US would never put themselves at a disadvantage.

sucks...........
NINJAS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #69
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Ninja, you are missing who is playing games with the world economy. It is not America. It starts with "C" and ends with "hina".
Old 11-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #70
NINJAS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
NINJAS14 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
HAHA.

Yes you're correct...... They are the ones that putting the strain on everyone.
NINJAS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #71
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigalow311 View Post
I hope this gets better for the summer. My JP friend and I are planning on a visit next May or so..
Doubt it, unless the tap dancer flap jack that starts with an "O" does something, doubt it. At this point I have more faith in Mexico's economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno750 View Post
Suddenly those 3million yen a year teaching english in Japan jobs don't seem that bad anymore.
and add 39% to that and would make a good dent in an IRA.

Quote:

Nope, you have *hina that is on a biblical Japanese bond buying binge spree, Japan cant do much about it, if they say anything - *hina throws a hissy fit like a kid when they dont get their toy's.

For importers its ok but that is a small percentage for Japans consumer market, they are an export driven economy and high yen cuts Japanese companies ability to export at a competitive rate.

For some some in ______________ land they think this is great when japan has been buying our debt for the past 20 years, and when the cluster F of the refi and housing market went under - that caused interest rates to drop, causing the US treasury's interest rate to lowered, thus making the US dollar weak and inflating the yen on that scale, but now it gets more complicated

1) pension funds / hedge funds look for something that will yield = stability = yen, so they buy a contact on the market for a certain point of time

2) China = sees Japanese bonds as safe bet but they also have the ability to strong arm them now that they are nearly controlling them on that financial scale.

3) Dont think for a second the past 8 years of bad credit debts and housing foreclosures was swept up and delt with, nope look at the EU and how this has nearly imploded European Central bank and others, this is just like a snowball effect but think of it as a black snowball of all of the negatives of the economy eventually its gong to get dropped on everyones foot.

just think of this - you have a lexus LF-A 200mph super car = example the US economy, take car of it and it will run like it is supposed to !

Now lets start using 87 fuel, not use the right parts, and skip service-s, now lets cut back even more and use the cheap low buck tires tires from pep-boys
= all a recipe for disaster......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
It's a double edge sword. They have more buying power, but at the same time, their products become more expensive. With the inflated currency, it is more expensive for countries to import Japanese goods.
It's bad economics left over from hotoyam's bullGhit , also take into account almost all other countries have a 30-40% import tarrif for items from japan + take into account that yen inflation on the past 2 years has gone up 39% + the 40% import tax from japan = example why a GTR costs about 175,000usd in norway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAS14 View Post
You have to understand that most of Japan's money is made form Exporting goods. And this weak dollar is an advatage to america as well. because now the US' exports increase.

Quote:
The reason why Japan's recovery rate is so slow is because they dont get to do what they want to. Japan is pretty much America's bitch. Japan should just start printing a shit ton of Yen to make their currency weaker to balance out at least themselves but there is no way the US would let them do that.
Not so, and won't happen as much as i'd lilke to see this happen as many as others do too................. once they do that china will throw a hissy fit.
japan should be more worried about the land ownership who's buying what property in japan, Now from those I have spoke with say that nearly 80% of golf courses are owned by Chinese multinational corps, I do believe that should be grounds enough for concern, let alone the malicious business/economic practices that China practices.

Quote:
Japan is in a really shitty position. They are always under the impression that America would protect them and take care of what is needed, but they are slowly starting to realize that the US would never put themselves at a disadvantage.
Might need to think this one over a bit.

Quote:
sucks...........
Yen/Nissan/Tokyo auto salon = its turned into freaking nopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
Ninja, you are missing who is playing games with the world economy. It is not America. It starts with "C" and ends with "hina".
Nailed that one right on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAS14 View Post
HAHA.

Yes you're correct...... They are the ones that putting the strain on everyone.
yes it's a 5hit stain on everyone and we can not do squat about it.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #72
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
When I found out that I'd be deployed to Afghanistan, we decided that my wife would travel back to Japan and spend the time with her mom and sister. This yen rate has sucked ass. Shit is crazy expensive now. Where are the days, like when I first got to Japan back in 03, where the yen rate was 117/dollar.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #73
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This is looking bad for my trip to Japan that I've started to plan. If it doesn't get a bit better by next New Year time, I might have to re think my plans
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #74
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
This is looking bad for my trip to Japan that I've started to plan. If it doesn't get a bit better by next New Year time, I might have to re think my plans

Same here...LoL
jzepol1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #75
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Just go but save now, lol. I was just looking at flight tickets and they're stupid expensive even for the extreme advance purchase I'm making. I'll go visit but I'm having 2nd thought about actually living in JP again. We'll see what happens around the end of 2012 - I'll be stuck in the states until then.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #76
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Yeah, I've started to save for it but while I'm there I would like to shop and travel so we'll see how far my Canadian dollars will take me. One of my best friends works for a large bank in the International /lending/trading funds department so I can get banking rates on the yen for my trip.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #77
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Moving to Japan in January. Not happy watching the exchange rate, but I'll be sure the make the best of it no matter. As long as I can get base housing and the cola is decent I shouldn't be complaining.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #78
z33blanco
Leaky Injector

z33blanco is making his/her stupidity well-knownz33blanco is making his/her stupidity well-knownz33blanco is making his/her stupidity well-knownz33blanco is making his/her stupidity well-knownz33blanco is making his/her stupidity well-known
....plane tickets are more expensive this time around compared to last year... what's up with airline companies?
z33blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #79
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
For my ticket I am going to go through this website, prices are the lowest I have found so far.
Discount Tickets from US to Japan / Amnet New york Inc.
jzepol1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #80
eytsics
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
eytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
airfare is not always the same...may be due to economy

i could probably hook u guys up for a good deal...we'll see.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #81
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
I had a quote for $1550 Out the door for Service from SFO to Haneda....

Fly to Haneda if you are going to Tokyo seriously.....
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #82
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
so whats the average exchange rate form dollars to yen
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #83
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
^^^^ Todays Yen rate is 83.7 Yen to 1$!!!!!!! Damn I couldnt believe it when I looked it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisawaJason View Post
When I found out that I'd be deployed to Afghanistan, we decided that my wife would travel back to Japan and spend the time with her mom and sister. This yen rate has sucked ass. Shit is crazy expensive now. Where are the days, like when I first got to Japan back in 03, where the yen rate was 117/dollar.

True that!! when I got there in 02 it was 128 Y per 1$. I bought a KSP Engineering Efini FD Full 3.5" 1 piece Attain exhaust HKS Hyper max II Coils, OLD school HKS 60mm Warning light Gauges, OS Giken Twin clutch, Inset KSP HID headlights, Cusco 6pt roll cage. for 4500 USD!! and my R32 GTST Type M with coilovers, MAE wheels GTR Body Kit with a new eng for 2800. Robbie Noshidia was about to hook me up with a 75 skyline with 800hp for 3k.... The deals were crazy. I also found a silvia K's good running sr coilovers for 500 USD. lol damn the economy!!!

I know it sounds funky but my buddy had a male model job that paid 100k Y a month. they will take just about any american for the job and it doesnt interfere with work. not too much but enough to support togue/drift/VIP habbits easier.

I also heard you have to go far from base to junk yards to get any parts because they dont like selling to americanjin.. Im glad I was there when I was with Chris Connely, Ziptied Mike, and Robbie. Im still doin what I am because of it.

sorry for the drawn out story, I just had to reflect on the best time of my life......

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #84
ichihachizero
Zilvia Member

ichihachizero is an unknown quantity at this point
wait doesnt this mean car parts will be cheaper? the guy i always go to accpets only yen and mostly his cost doesnt fluctuate...
ichihachizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #85
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichihachizero View Post
wait doesnt this mean car parts will be cheaper? the guy i always go to accpets only yen and mostly his cost doesnt fluctuate...
In your case, it means the parts' prices will fluctuate in American dollars while the Yen price will stay constant. Why you ask? Because the value of the Yen to the Dollar is constantly changing with the market. So, with a downward trend in Yen per 1 Dollar, the parts you are buying at a fixed price in Yen will be more expensive. If it was an upward trend of Yen per Dollar then your prices would be cheaper.

Bottomline: Since his prices don't change, it will depend on what day you convert your Dollars to Yen, but compared to a few years ago, the parts are more expensive.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #86
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sncs14 View Post
Moving to Japan in January. Not happy watching the exchange rate, but I'll be sure the make the best of it no matter. As long as I can get base housing and the cola is decent I shouldn't be complaining.
Where you headed?

If you are coming to Okinawa, forget about living on base, it sucks. Sure, you can run your A/C all day long, but the housing is shitty for the most part and the internet on base is terrible. Live off base, and learn to control your electric bill and you will be fine. Even during this shitty exchange rate, my wife and I still pocket a couple hundred bucks per month of leftover utility money.

If you are going to mainland, forget what I said, because I don't know what base housing is like at the mainland Japan bases.

But, to illustrate the difference, when I got here in 2007, the exchange rate was sitting between 120-125, rent was 160,000yen or ~$1300 a month, now the exchange has been sitting around 80, so it's $2000. Even with that $700 a month difference (not including the utilities) we are still able to save and invest the same amount of money we were when we got here. The government keeps up with the fluctuating exchange rate pretty well, although some people will try to tell you otherwise, but I don't see what they are complaining about, we do about 1/2 of our grocery/clothes shopping off base (wife is Japanese), and still make enough to save quite a bit.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #87
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

IACE also has good cheap flights.
http://www.iace-usa.com/
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #88
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Its sad when I get excited with an 82 exchange rate...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #89
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
This reminds me when the proce of gas in Cali was almost $5. Its so bad I just stopped looking cause I need to have it. Havent keep up with it since I had to pay for my sons birth. Roughly 680,000 yen. Both of us had a sore manko that day.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #90
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't you get money back from the JP GOV though? We got 430,000 yen I think.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote