Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #1201
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sadly, its pretty common in everything anymore. I'm on the job hunt right now and its frustrating as hell. I have had some big name companies have me come in and take competency tests, panel interview, golf session with the CEO, and then make a job offer for LESS than what I currently make. I don't even make that much.

Do not feel bad/shy about asking for proof of funds or whatever before meeting up. I've saved myself from so many pointless interviews by asking for compensation rates up front. Provided buyers are honest, sellers should be honest too, especially if they've agreed to a price.

"You can buy a stock manual 240 for 2 grand ALLLL DAYYY"
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #1202
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
You guys ever sell something and the buyer doesn't have the correct amount or enough cash? This has happened a few times and that's almost always after I get the classic, "what's the lowest you'll take" and after we agreed on a set price.
Does anyone do business with any dignity these days? Fuck, people.
Yup, had to count the money 3 times on the 240 as the guy was $350 short. Refused to let him have the wheels.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:32 PM   #1203
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
tell me about it. its gotten so bad that ill make sure a potential buyer has (enough) money before i even take time out of my day to meet up with them.

i dont want to spend an hour or two playing nice with a total stranger, just to tell me youve only got 7.5k for a car thats listed at 12k.
But is the car worth $12k? So many fucking dreamers out there on both sides.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:35 PM   #1204
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Yup, had to count the money 3 times on the 240 as the guy was $350 short. Refused to let him have the wheels.
Did he say he was going to pay you the remaining amount the next day like this dude?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnB7sDncVg/
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:49 PM   #1205
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Did he say he was going to pay you the remaining amount the next day like this dude?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnB7sDncVg/
This is why buying/selling used merch can be a nightmare gah
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:57 PM   #1206
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ives seen your old hatch with atleast two new owners since you sold it.

I don't think its been tuned yet lol

Easy sales are a thing of the past now. 90% of my replies are scam/spam on cl. Fb marketplace are all flakes. Offerup is trash. Im worried about receiving counterfeit bills now. Something ive never thought about when selling haha.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:15 PM   #1207
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, same shit happened to me when I sold my s14 last year. Haggling I expected, but broke bitch low balls were constant. Like half or more of my asking price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #1208
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
I'm selling my ZX-6R on Offer Up and just get messages from what looks like teenagers lol. Like.. you're def not going to buy this.

One asks "What's your offer?"
"I'm asking $4,500. What's your counter?"
"I'm not interested."

kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:47 PM   #1209
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
We need a review system similar to Yelp that indicates whether or not you're a POS.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:45 AM   #1210
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
We need a review system similar to Yelp that indicates whether or not you're a POS.
Or a sell site that requires credit approval and a bank ballance validation [emoji1303]
Old 05-24-2019, 06:49 AM   #1211
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I mean, he said he'd give him the $20 tomorrow though. With the high end cap he's wearing, I can't see how he isn't a straight shooter.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #1212
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What really grinds my gears is the people on places like facebook market place that just message you with a number, don't even ask any questions, or anything. And the people who do that are NEVER in the ball park of acceptable bargaining.

I completely understand the whole try to get something a bit cheaper, but fuck, be realistic. EVERYBODY wants a handout these days.

I've had people drive a few hours to get stuff from me before (as I do a lot of buying/selling with pitbike parts), and I always make it a point to say look, if you think you're going to show up with less than the agreed upon price, don't waste either of our time.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:09 AM   #1213
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
That's what it is, though. People have the common day mentality that they're entitled to pay less for whatever reason.

'Oh. I know we agreed on $200 but I had to use $20 for gas because my grandmother's clothes were dirty so I had to go to Goodwill and get her underwear and my beta fish needed water and my socks were wet.'

People do the stupidest shit. I've almost given up selling anything actively. I have a nearly 15-year-old Tomei short shifter and some NISMO injectors sitting in a box in my garage that I forgot about for a car I haven't had in nearly a decade [so obviously this stuff isn't as common as the knock offs and shitty current day in age reproduction materials] that I will most likely die with. I got an offer 30% of the asking price and their argument is that the part was old. Like, what?

Bitch, your car is 25 years old. It's older than you.

I have no interest in the human race anymore.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #1214
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy- View Post
Ives seen your old hatch with atleast two new owners since you sold it.

I don't think its been tuned yet lol

Easy sales are a thing of the past now. 90% of my replies are scam/spam on cl. Fb marketplace are all flakes. Offerup is trash. Im worried about receiving counterfeit bills now. Something ive never thought about when selling haha.

It’s easy to tell if money is fake. Either bring a black light, the strips in money glow a different color with each denomination. Also you can run your fingernail along the coat of the president, on a real bill the coat will have ridges you can feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #1215
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Or a sell site that requires credit approval and a bank ballance validation [emoji1303]
This is actually a really good idea. A monthly soft credit pull of the seller's score of choice and a minimum balance of say 75% of the asking price must be present in an account in order to contact the seller.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #1216
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

You fail to realize most of these kids aren't using their own money or are selling what they have to get something different because they can't figure out why their car is out of gas.

Yeah. Great idea.

Oh wait. Not. This is a forum about 20+ year old cars, not a financial advisement firm.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #1217
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

EDIT: Double post.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #1218
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
You fail to realize most of these kids aren't using their own money or are selling what they have to get something different because they can't figure out why their car is out of gas.

Yeah. Great idea.

Oh wait. Not. This is a forum about 20+ year old cars, not a financial advisement firm.
I'm generally concerned with more then just 240s and Zilvia these days.

Online selling issues are systemic across all commodities and communities.

Stupid sellers that lie, have poor descriptions, terrible pictures and poor responses to questions. Then the dreamers that way over price whatever they are selling.

Stupid buyers that don't read descriptions, ask dumb questions, low ball, flake on meets, etc.

One trick with low ballers, agree to thr price but say they have to do it today , watch as even then they flake.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #1219
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Well, a suggestion was made specific to our forum here on Zilvia.

Having all those 'soft checks' opens the window GREATLY for hacking/account compromises/information sales.

Moderators are here to specifically weed out people and posts that don't fit the standard. I wouldn't so much blame the children, blame the higher ups for not IP banning those who can't follow simple rules. They're pretty lax here. There is a strike or point system in place before that decision needs to be made [unless something has changed since I last trolled for some parts in the marketplace]. Granted this forum isn't what it used to be, it can still be great with some quality help in the top of the enforcement pyramid.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #1220
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Unfortunately putting up with flakes & lowballers is just part of selling something on FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Zilvia, etc.
Eventually I've always found the serious no BS buyer who just shows up, pays me, then leaves. Sucks dealing with time wasters but generally you can tell who's serious or not within a few seconds or minutes of messaging them.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #1221
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Well, a suggestion was made specific to our forum here on Zilvia.

Having all those 'soft checks' opens the window GREATLY for hacking/account compromises/information sales.

Moderators are here to specifically weed out people and posts that don't fit the standard. I wouldn't so much blame the children, blame the higher ups for not IP banning those who can't follow simple rules. They're pretty lax here. There is a strike or point system in place before that decision needs to be made [unless something has changed since I last trolled for some parts in the marketplace]. Granted this forum isn't what it used to be, it can still be great with some quality help in the top of the enforcement pyramid.
Go back and read Corbic's post again. There was never a mention of this being implemented on Zilvia.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #1222
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You grumpy old motherf**kers bitching and complaining about flakes & time wasters, better not be the ones posting ads with only ONE photo, and the description sections with "HMU", or "Dm me for details".
Same goes for photos taken at night, and stupid ass 'gram filters'.

[emoji867]Killyourself.jpg[emoji867]

...otherwise, carry on gentlemen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #1223
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
You grumpy old motherf**kers bitching and complaining about flakes & time wasters, better not be the ones posting ads with only ONE photo, and the description sections with "HMU", or "Dm me for details".
Same goes for photos taken at night, and stupid ass 'gram filters'.

[emoji867]Killyourself.jpg[emoji867]

...otherwise, carry on gentlemen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Generally those are the same people as the low-ball flaking buyer.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #1224
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Moderators are here to specifically weed out people and posts that don't fit the standard. I wouldn't so much blame the children, blame the higher ups for not IP banning those who can't follow simple rules. They're pretty lax here.
This place has been a Zombie Site for many years now.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #1225
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Go back and read Corbic's post again. There was never a mention of this being implemented on Zilvia.
To as in the audience listening - not directed towards.

Maybe go back and re-read my post about being here for at least 5 years before directing any type of commentary or response my way - especially when all your posts asking for help is shit you could have Google'd.

Fall back in line.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #1226
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
This place has been a Zombie Site for many years now.
I'm aware.

Quote:
Granted this forum isn't what it used to be, it can still be great with some quality help in the top of the enforcement pyramid.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #1227
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
You think selling a 240 is bad? Try selling a Impala SS... I think I am going to just bring it to a used car lot and take a hit on it after all the bs I have encountered trying to sell it to a private party.
keioffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #1228
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
You think selling a 240 is bad? Try selling a Impala SS... I think I am going to just bring it to a used car lot and take a hit on it after all the bs I have encountered trying to sell it to a private party.
Like a real Impala or something FWD?
Old 05-26-2019, 04:15 AM   #1229
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Like a real Impala or something FWD?
yea 96 rwd with lt1, everyone and their brother wants it but doesn't want to pay what I am asking or doesn't want to get cash out of the bank with me there. I'm not accepting a wad of cash for this car unless I am at the bank with them when they withdraw it or I deposit it, this has led to some angry individuals.
keioffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #1230
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
yea 96 rwd with lt1, everyone and their brother wants it but doesn't want to pay what I am asking or doesn't want to get cash out of the bank with me there. I'm not accepting a wad of cash for this car unless I am at the bank with them when they withdraw it or I deposit it, this has led to some angry individuals.
If they give you a bogus money order or chashiers check it's considered theft. You can file with your insurance company.

Someone has recently mentioned the concern of getting a could hundred bogus bills mixed in with a cahd transaction. I never thought of that.