Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 01-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
1991 240SX Manual, Hatch, Base, Stockish, Clean Title, 144k mi

Location: Fallbrook, CA 92028. Willing to meet in Escondido or Temecula if you're seriously interested.
Year: 1991
Body Style: Hatchback
Transmission: Manual
VIN: JN1MS36P3MW01xx45 (see pics)
Mileage: ~144k (I'm driving it because I can and because I paid for the parts, so I might as well use them)
Factory Options: P3- Radio only. No AC!
LSD? Yes, VLSD
Title: Clean
Title Status: In my possession and ready for transfer
Carfax: Available
Smog: On me before finalization of sale
Price: SOLD!! For anyone's purposes, this sold for $3,350.
Trades: Maybe. Straight trade clean title Prius or Leaf. Prefer cash, though.
Test Drives: If you have cash in hand, absolutely. If I like you and you're trying to gather funds, maybe. Please bring current proof of insurance and a driver's license. If you smell like weed or booze, you're not getting behind the wheel.

I bought this last year for a commercial. It was slammed on springs of unknown origin with factory dampers all around. I cared about two things: it was running and driving, and it had a clean title with current registration. It has an ISIS (don't give a shit that's not their current name, these things are a fucking scourge on the S-chassis world) performance suspension arm package: tension rods, toe links, traction links, and rear upper control arms. They're noisy because ISIS/ISR uses garbage rod ends. It has an NRG quick release with a "Nardi" steering wheel along with a white plastic shift knob and an e-brake button.

Has LED instrument and dome lights. Has a Kenwood CD radio with aux in and came with a Kenwood amp I removed because it was just sliding around in the rear hatch area. I'm including the amp with the sale. The front seats are wrapped in vinyl.

I checked it for soundness, found a torn arm mount on the rear subframe, replaced the subframe with a straight one from a junkyard convertible, and aligned it by hand in my shop. Don't judge me for the mismatched hardware; it was like that when I got it. I swapped over whatever hardware I could from my track car's stash.

We filmed the commercial during 100+ degree days at Willow Springs and throughout LA, and the car never skipped a beat. Never got hot, never complained. Zero issues other than being incredibly worn-out suspension-wise. I left the smoke grenade residue because it adds to the car's provenance.

When I got home, I started buying parts. Parts not labeled used are new. Here's the list:
  1. CA-legal catalytic converter
  2. Front LCAs
  3. Front KYB dampers
  4. Used stock front springs
  5. Front sway bar end links
  6. Inner and outer tie rods
  7. New tie rod boots
  8. Front bump stops
  9. Rear strut mounts
  10. Rear KYB dampers
  11. Rear sway bar end links
  12. Right rear LCA ball joint
  13. Rear bump stops
  14. Used stock rear springs
  15. Brake soft lines, front and rear
  16. Set good used (2016 and 2017 date codes) BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport tires in 195/60R15

I bled the brakes (Motul RBF600) and had the car aligned to factory specs by a professional shop in town (it takes me forever to align anything and I'm not getting any younger). It drives straight and nicely now; I'm putting miles on tomorrow to ensure everything's all broken in and feeling good. The tires were road-force balanced when mounted.

Engine runs alright. I'm sure it'd feel better with new mounts, see below. Trans shifts nicely and the no-name short shifter is vague but works.

The body is rough. It's been hit on every corner with the exception of the left front, which has other damage. I showed everything I could, good/bad/indifferent. Do not expect something that you can just slap a coat of paint on and drive. I replaced bolts and eliminated self-tappers where I easily could, but there are still a lot of self-tappers. The headlights go up/down and work but vibrate a bit and the headlight actuator button doesn't function. There are rust holes in the spare tire well. They're not huge, but look at the pics. There is ugly tint on all windows except the windshield. I removed the tail lights, 3M clear wrapped them (kinda poorly, honestly- I just prepped and wrapped to keep moisture out), resealed the body openings, and reinstalled the tail lights. It has not rained since I performed this work and I haven't washed the car either- the reseal is not guaranteed to be watertight. It is far better than it was, however. Windshield is sandblasted and has at least one chip that hasn't grown the entire time I've had the car.

Extra parts included: new motor and transmission mounts, which the car needs. I have a clean, untinted rear wiper hatch that I can include if you don't want to remove the tint from the existing hatch glass. Also including the too-soft and too-low aftermarket springs it came with. You do you.

Additional known problems: left front running light non-functional, clutch release bearing (at least that's what I think it is) squeal on cold startup when it feels neglected, leaks oil (I included a pic), non-standard rad overflow, bad wiper blades, left front wheel drags when spun. Right sun visor doesn't like to stay clipped in. I do not have a front plate. Speedometer is now intermittent. As I said above, I'm going to put more miles on the car and if I find anything else, I will note it here.

Differences from pictures: a lot of the pics are before the suspension swap, please scroll through all of them to see how the car looks now in terms of ride height. I deleted the broken washer bottle. The rear tint is considerably clearer as I've taken denatured alcohol and wiped off residue/cloudiness. Floor mats were thrown away because they were from a Mercedes C300 and no C300 parts will ever be at my house.

PS- If you show up 15+ minutes late to our agreed-upon place and don't call or text me to know you're running late, don't expect me to be there. If you show up after we've talked pricing with significantly less than we've talked about, be prepared to go home empty-handed. If you didn't go through the pictures and you bring up something that I clearly showed and try to grind me on the price for that thing, be prepared to go home empty-handed. I'm genuinely laid-back and am looking forward to meeting some of you, but please don't think that my time doesn't have value. I'll treat you right if you show me a modicum of respect.

Pics: removed to save bandwidth

Full link to album of 100+ pics: removed to save bandwidth

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 03-30-2020 at 01:20 PM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2020, 12:12 AM   #2
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
PS- If you show up 15+ minutes late to our agreed-upon place and don't call or text me to know you're running late, don't expect me to be there. If you show up after we've talked pricing with significantly less than we've talked about, be prepared to go home empty-handed. If you didn't go through the pictures and you bring up something that I clearly showed and try to grind me on the price for that thing, be prepared to go home empty-handed. I'm genuinely laid-back and am looking forward to meeting some of you, but please don't think that my time doesn't have value. I'll treat you right if you show me a modicum of respect.
Definitely going to use this when I come to sell my vehicles. Well said.

Glws!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Hood had some paint flake off it Friday night- we've had a trash panda poking around the house (he high-fived my Touareg and left pawprints) so I must assume the flaking is due to raccoon curiosity.

I'll rattle can it black again, just letting you guys know because I'm a full disclosure kind of guy.

Motor/transmission mounts are bad enough the car pulls during shifts. Not something you notice when the powertrain is loaded, but you definitely notice it when you clutch in. Again, I'm including new mounts.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #4
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
God damn!!! This is how you do a for sale post. Clean, organized, and clear.

Offering tons of photos, not just 2-5 "money" shots.

Explained the car history.

Clearly set expectation of car before arrival.

The list keeps going on. I wish you were selling a car I was looking to get since I would feel more comfortable purchasing from you more than the 2 blurry exterior photos and a description of "Runs good" kinda guy.

GLWS dude. Hopefully you don't get that kinda person you described.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #5
HellaSexyS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
HellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
but weed makes you a better driver lol GLWS
Old 02-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #6
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

The title arrived in the mail; zero headaches from this point forward.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Also upgraded my Photobucket account so none of the pictures are throttled.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #7
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Price drop. Zilvia dudes actually get a response to their lowball offers, a courtesy I do not extend to Craigslist.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:15 PM   #8
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

May be interested in a Leaf or Prius for straight trade.

Not kidding. I keep "accidentally" driving my truck to work and that shit's bad for the environment.