Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #1
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm an idiot: Round 2

Never made a build thread on here before. Been on the forum forever though.

Had an S14 way back in '05 that I played with for a good while. KA-T w/ GReddy TD06 kit, HKS coils, Cusco arms, diff, Vertex aero, SSRs, etc.

Got rid of that. Had a stock hatch for a year with basic suspension stuff, wheels, and stock KA (no pics). Then took a break from 240s and said I'd never buy another one because I hate them and hated working on cars.

Bit the bullet though last August and bought this.

Owned by Champa for over a decade and then George M. owned it for a bit. I've known this car since Champa had it back in the 2000s and always loved the sound, which is like 90% of the reason I even bought it.

Car has an SR w/ CP pistons, ARP hardware, and some machine work tuned on PFC making 370ish. Runs an old school Full Race UEL bottom mount mani with a T04e and makes the coolest noises. Been driven hard and seen some rough times.

Some footage from Desert Meihan 2018 of George going full spinout king
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8aksJBo4c

Figured I'd just clean up the exterior, get it painted, and drive.. but it quickly escalated. Started cleaning up and fixing little things around the car. Started with maintenance; changed all the fluids, plugs, coils, clutch fan etc.

Bought some new Origin fenders and an M Sports hood since the fenders and Chargespeed hood were pretty thrashed. Still waiting on the hood right now though.

Got to work on the interior, ditching faded BRIDE driver seat for a Thrash seat, added harnesses, new dash cap since the OE dash was cracked and beat, new V2 SF door cards, new PFC commander since the old one had burnt out bulbs, cleaned up wiring, added windshield wipers, new stalks etc.

Bought some TEs off YAJ because every car needs TEs

Found some brand new headlights since the ones on it were pretty busted and missing the brackets, boots, etc. and realigned the front end so it didn't look like it was melting.

Got new tie rods and Stance XR1s to replace the bent rods and 15yr old Tanabe Sustec's. Then an alignment. Then got to work fixing all the aero. Rear bumper was thrashed and in pieces and missing a bunch around the driver side, so I rebuilt the area from scratch.

Also fixed the overs and reshaped them a touch to make them fit more flush to rear wheels. They were sunk like 10mm before, then were more to my liking after some work.

Got all that buttoned up and then it was time for a color change. Had some trouble deciding but the full M Sports aero had me digging the idea of an orange like the old Team Orange and M Sports demo cars. So I went with that, along with a black roof with some flake.

That's how she sits as of a couple days ago. Need to get the aero all mounted back up and do some final polishing and finalized. Hoping to get it all done next weekend, pending my work schedule, and then do some driving again.

Last edited by tlieberman240; 01-09-2020 at 02:07 PM..
tlieberman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #2
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Some specs/info on the car. I'm forgetting some stuff but this covers a good portion of everything.

Engine/Drivetrain:
S13 SR20 tuned on PowerFC
~370hp @1.4bar
Decked/machined head
Apex'i headgasket ARP studs
CP 9:1 pistons
Full-Race UEL bottom mount w/ T04e
TiAL 38mm wastegate
HKS SSQV
KoyoRad
FineArc rad shroud
GKTech clutch fan
AST Deftforce 2 way diff
Power steering cooler

Suspension:
Stance XR1 (10k/6k springs)
Maverick Motorsports tension rods
Maverick Motorsports knuckles
Battle Version/Megan control arms
Nismo power brace
Nismo S14 extended FLCAs w/ sphericals
Solid subframe mounts
Spherical bushings in rear knuckles

Brakes/Wheels/Tires:
17x9/17x9.5 TE37s
235/40 & 245/40 tires
Z32 front brakes
PMU pads

Interior:
Vertex 330mm wheel
Thrash & BRIDE bucket seats
Takata harnesses
SF seat brackets/sliders
SF V2 door cards
GReddy meters
6pt roll cage

Exterior:
M Sports aero
M Sports 30mm rear overs
OriginLabo 20mm front fenders

Last edited by tlieberman240; 01-13-2020 at 03:17 PM..
tlieberman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So fucking sick
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #4
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome to see this here sir. Keep it up!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:38 PM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I want that sheetmetal rad shroud

but I am a peasant

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #6
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Not enough OEM paint. Pls go. Pls sit. Pls fuck off.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #7
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
In for updates. Thing looks rad so far!
Old 01-15-2020, 02:45 PM   #8
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks great man, and yes Hashtag TE THE WORLD.
soulessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:17 AM   #9
carcrazee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
carcrazee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i like this alot, car sounds SICK
carcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:04 AM   #10
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Always a pleasure to see pics of this car. I'm not going to lie, G-corp is my favorite, but I dig the new look! Looking forward to seeing this car getting properly thrashed.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:31 PM   #11
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Awesome to see this here sir. Keep it up!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I want that sheetmetal rad shroud

but I am a peasant
Haha yeah I love it. Such a tight fit but between the shroud and GK fan, the car runs super cool. George says he would hot lap this thing and water temps would never get above 80C, and would actually be more like 75C on long straights.

I've heard people talking about them doing another run with enough interest but idk what the status on that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Not enough OEM paint. Pls go. Pls sit. Pls fuck off.
I will always love you.. even though you didn't sell me your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazee View Post
i like this alot, car sounds SICK
The sound is like 95% of the reason why I even bought it haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Always a pleasure to see pics of this car. I'm not going to lie, G-corp is my favorite, but I dig the new look! Looking forward to seeing this car getting properly thrashed.
Thanks! G Corp is rad. I just loved the idea of doing full M Sports as it seems many people have forgotten about it these days. Mostly BN and Origin now, which are both sick. Just wanted something a little less common.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:35 PM   #12
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

A couple more pics from last week after putting the fenders and skirts back on.

Sounds like the hood isn't even going to be here now until like March, which is pretty annoying considering the timeline when ordering should've had it here by late December at the latest.

There's an event here Feb 29th that I'm planning on going to. So we'll see how that goes. That'll be my first time back behind the wheel at an event since late 2013 I think. So I'll most definitely suck
Old 01-17-2020, 12:37 PM   #13
NJs13_1993
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
NJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
this thing looks awesome! looking forward to seeing it at showdown
NJs13_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote