Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
Masonsx

Trader Rating: (0)
Masonsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another KA Timing issue

I've read through pretty much every KA timing issue thread and checked everything and still I can not seem to get my timing correct.

I bought a newly rebuilt motor and swapped it for my old KA. My old KA was in time.

To make a long story short, it seems like I'm a tooth off. However, I can line up the rotor to the #1 plug perfectly. When I do this the timing acts like its too retarded. One tooth counter clockwise and its too advanced.

I went as far as re-installing the timing chain. Lined up all marks on all sprockets. Cams, Idler, Crank... The process is simple enough. Same issue though.

I adjusted my tps to .5V Adjusted my idle to around 750. I even compared timing lights and they both read the same. I truly dont want to think that it jumped a tooth as soon as I started the car again.

The distributor is from my old KA. I've replaced to rotor button and distributor cap. I also used the crankshaft pulley from my old KA.

Any ideas what might cause an issue like this other than mechanical timing being off?

Masonsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you haven't really said what the symptoms are. just "it seems like I'm a tooth off"

what is the car doing
Old 08-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
TEN_2nd_BUSTER

Trader Rating: (0)
TEN_2nd_BUSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
its a timing issue, until its not... grounds? idk, kinda need more info like kyral said...