Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2017, 04:14 AM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
~ S13 & S15 Silvias ~ Japan! ~

I'm sure that most of you guys know (PMing me, asking for favors like we're actually friends) that I was stationed in Japan last year, August 2016.

I've been busy being a fucking moron, really. I bought a '97 Type X from Osaka without ever seeing it because it was priced lower than the only other Midnight Purple Type X listed at the time. When it arrived, I could see why. Mistake number one.

I didn't want to put fuckloads of work into the Type X, so I traded it in for a very clean '88 Silvia Q's two-tone. I knew that no Midnight Purple 180SXs had been posted for sale since I bought mine but I was eager to get into a 'fun car'. If you're reading this far then you know why I opted for an NA two-tone. Fanboy dreams, box checked. I figured I'd tinker on this Q's a little and just enjoy how original it was. I thought it'd be a lifetime until another Midnight Purple car came around. Mistake number two.*

I was still browsing ads because I wasn't really happy with the Q's. I felt like I settled again. Earlier this year (2017) I finally found what I was looking for: a reasonably priced Midnight Purple Type X. The car was located two hours away from me and although I didn't have any room to buy another car I decided to take the drive to look at it. Obviously I ended up buying it. Here's why:

1996 Midnight Purple Type X (late '96, first year)
90,XXX KMs (~56,XXX mi)
Factory 5-speed
No HICAS
DCC
Clean History
Appraised by JAAA

...and my favorite part: I'm the second owner.

So here it is. Came with an aftermarket head unit, rear deck speakers, subwoofer, and those ugly fucking wheels. Other than that the car is completely stock.

I've learned two things throughout this whole shitshow:

1.) I'm an impatient fucking moron.

2.) I could really give a fuck less about what other people are into. I'm very drawn towards cars that are all original and have no shitty history behind them. People think I'm crazy for being so particular but I've come to realize it's just what I like.

My friends (guys that have been in Japan longer than I have) are cool enough to help me order parts. I just picked up E5 and with that comes the ability to register a second car so I've started ordering some parts to get the car lower and converted to 5lug. I scooped some R33 wheels while on vacation so the car will be pretty 'mild' by most standards once I get the parts in. I have other wheels on order but they'll take about 4 months to get done. Don't worry, I promise you'll hate them.

* - Mistake number two isn't really a mistake. The NA, 5speed CA18DE is actually really fun to drive on curvy roads. You feel the lack of pull on the highway but driving twisties is fun. If it doesn't sell I'm going to keep it fully OEM and just replace the bushings.

Last edited by dizzariot; 06-19-2017 at 08:05 PM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links