Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #91
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ricekiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Silvia S13 RB20DET T3/T4 External Gate / Screamer Pipe- YouTube

this is a turd sandwhich lol

hey im not the one talking crap, your the one talking about an rb20 is worse than a turd sandwhich, well either put your car up or shut up.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #92
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricekiller View Post
Silvia S13 RB20DET T3/T4 External Gate / Screamer Pipe- YouTube

this is a turd sandwhich lol

hey im not the one talking crap, your the one talking about an rb20 is worse than a turd sandwhich, well either put your car up or shut up.
Either you and I talked crap. You gave a bad opinion and I gave my opinion.

Sorry I suck at driving. can't race you. but I am sure Alex will do it for you.

Is that your car? RHD? so you are not the guy I thought who you'd be... hmmm Apparently there are more than 1 RB20 lover here in OR.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #93
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
oohhhh a street race.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #94
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

yeah exactly, both are very to quickly talk smack, but not actually back it up lol.

rb20 is a turd
Old 08-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #95
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

Put your e-penis away.

We've talked some sense into the OP and he's met the right people now on how to build a proper 240.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #96
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Wait wait wait...

this is your car

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/473632-clea...ngine-bay.html

Car in that video isn't even your car... WTF is wrong with you?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #97
K_style
Post Whore!

Why can't you proof your point why RB20 awesome over current SR20 option? Oh wait, you did,,

Quote:
All i gotta say is i love my rb, sound alone is worth it!
Really? that's ALL you can come up with why you are saying get RB20 over SR?

All you do is "Let's RACE". How pathetic is that? are you 16 or something?

SR20DET is much more practical option for many people because of replacement part availability and cost unlike RB engines. Plug it's light than RB.

Keep your RB20DET and race all you want. Like I said before. I'd keep KA over your beloved RB20DET.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #98
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

you guys are the ones saying an rb is a turd bucket, i didnt come in her bashing an sr, all i asked was a question.

You two know it alls obviously have it all figured out. I never claimed that car in the video is mine, i juts said it was an rb20, does it look like a turd sandwhich?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #99
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
you guys are the ones saying an rb is a turd bucket, i didnt come in her bashing an sr, all i asked was a question.

You two know it alls obviously have it all figured out. I never claimed that car in the video is mine, i juts said it was an rb20, does it look like a turd sandwhich?

OMG !!! do you want me to go find video of 800hp+ SR ??
What was you point f posting that video if it wasn't even your car?

I never said "RB" is turd either Alex. He said "RB20" is turd sandwich or some other.

You can make any engine (most) go fast with modification. RB20 engine alone is worthless, waste of money to put it in when there are other options such as SR20.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #100
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
yeah exactly, both are very to quickly talk smack, but not actually back it up lol.
Why do I keep wonder that you are a little kid? Maybe it's because way you talk?
Guess not though, since you even had Supercharged M3 before which little kid can't afford one of those unless you have some nice parents.

Hey, would you stop embarrassing your self here? you sound a lot like you had LS v-tec with fire extinguisher in the car with 20 light up gauges and hard parking e-thug.

I hope you are not one of those. It would be sad to see someone drives nice car like yours with that's kind of attitude.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #101
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

lol you said it was worse than a sandwhich. im not going to argue, i can pull up the same vids, my point is dont talk trash unless your going to back it yourself.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #102
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
lol you said it was worse than a sandwhich. im not going to argue, i can pull up the same vids, my point is dont talk trash unless your going to back it yourself.
I did back up my opinion, and you didn't.

When did "Race" become proofing which is better engine?

Sure if you want race. let's race if that makes you happy. Like I said I need my premium SR20 imported before the Race wars. I could just race you with R6. it's only 600cc. But I think it's better engine than RB20 also.

Beside. it wasn't talking trash. I was talking "FACT". you are confused.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #103
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

ok buddy facts.

it's been noted by many people that have owned both an sr and a rb20, MOST, IF NOT ALL would pick the rb20 all day everyday over the sr. It's got more torque, it revs higher, it sounds better, it's a straight six with many parts available, because rb25 parts fit.

search around, theres tons and tons of threads with people who have owned both.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/284528-rb20...20-swap-2.html

Have you personally owned an rb20? Have you driven one? whats great about an rb20 swap, is later down the line, it makes an rb25/26 swap much, much easier. You need to get your damn so-called facts straight buddy.

Rb20 owns sr20 all day, everyday.

Quote:
Sound is one of the biggest deciding factors for many people. I love how 3 years ago on zilvia everyone would have been sr20 yada yada. Now people are starting to realize that:

The SR20Det is the b16a swap of the nissan world, cheap, effective but in the end.....same old borring story.

Another year or two from now people are going to be saying things like-

if your broke - do an sr20 swap
if you have no mechanicle experience - do an sr20 swap
if your el cheapo - do an sr20 swap
if you like 4 banger sounds that dont rev that high - do an sr20 swap
if you cant fabricate - do an sr20 swap
if you dont know how to read a wiring diagram - do an sr20 swap
if you dont know how to hit the search button - do an sr20 swap

Dont be one of the above guys and just go for the rb swapped car and build from it.

Last edited by ricekiller; 08-31-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Old 08-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #104
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
ok buddy facts.

it's been noted by many people that have owned both an sr and a rb20, MOST, IF NOT ALL would pick the rb20 all day everyday over the sr. It's got more torque, it revs higher, it sounds better, it's a straight six with many parts available, because rb25 parts fit.

search around, theres tons and tons of threads with people who have owned both.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/284528-rb20...20-swap-2.html

Have you personally owned an rb20? Have you driven one? whats great about an rb20 swap, is later down the line, it makes an rb25/26 swap much, much easier. You need to get your damn so-called facts straight buddy.

Thank you for making a thread that made your self little brighter. But you are still wrong.

Even that thread you link, people had different opinions. At the end RB is more difficult to work on, difficult to find replacement part, more weight.

That's the fact you did not understand maybe you just are stuck up and bending over to RB20.

It's the fact that RB20DET is heavier, it's the fact that RB20DET cost more to swap, it's the fact that kills lot of room in engine bay therefor it's pain to work on.

RB20det is great way to start "If" you are getting RB25 in future but why bother get RB20det to begin with if you can get RB25 for less than $200~300 more?

RB20DET is waste of money and OP doesn't even have $ to do it.
SR20DET is way to go for OP and will cost less in future for any parts/upgrade.

I am not your buddy. so don't call me buddy. I don't know you. I have no interested in person who is acting like a child or asking for "Race" to proof him self or his engine like your self.

So, get lost and leave the OP alone with his decision unless you come up with better reason why OP should get RB20DET over SR20DET under $3000 budget.

Have a nice day.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #105
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thanks for giving me a new sig.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #106
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

lol get over your self, you came in here bashing the rb20, i came in here to set you straight. if you wouldnt of opened your big mouth, then all would be good.

the engine is heavier, no room, costs more....LOL thats what you got????

looks like i have plenty of room in my engine bay doesnt it? go crawl under a bridge and hang out with the rest of trolls that dont know shit about rb's.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #107
K_style
Post Whore!

It sure seems there are lots of people who disagrees with you on that thread you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
think about this.
if guys in japan don't do rb20 swap into their cars instead
you see sr20 swap all the time is because they know it's junk.
if you are going to get mounts, driveshafts, and all the work you might as well go RB25.
RB20 is the buttom of the food chain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-unit View Post
guys dont do RB20 swap because all their cars come with SR20...
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis180sx View Post
sr would be my choice parts are cheaper and more avalible but i would do a rb if it was a 25 or 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxxs View Post
SR20DET > RB2Odet ..lol...
i have bunch of friends that swap out RB20 for SR because RB is like curse sure they are ncie and blah blah blah but only for so much times.....Sr20 is well known for it abuse, daily , or soemtime even power
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpdwgn View Post
stick with the SR. i hated my RB20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkkouki View Post
My vote goes toward the SR. I have a n S14SR in my car and I drive the hell out of it. Hell, I just drove back to Louisiana from California. If you want a dd that you can go to Autozone or the dealership and pick up parts, go SR. Parts are relatively cheap. With simple bolt ons, I managed to git 278hp/236tq out of my car @15psi. And yea, its pretty fun for a dd. If money wasn't an issue, I would go 1JZ or RB25. I'm currently in the process of getting my car ready for a 2JZ swap. If you have any questions about it, pm me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzer750 View Post
i would do the sr swap. why cant people just answer the question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
you should search harder...

with that said, go SR. more parts readily available for cheap. plus you already decided by saying

SR's can make 300 easy, bigger turbo, injectors,etc... and tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetopcow View Post
Ok here is my thoughts.

RB20det - the power is spread over more cylinders making it easier on the engine
- this engine sucks up a ton of space, for not much reward
- Heavier, I think it is a steel block(correct me if wrong)

SR20det - tons of mods
- more room in the engine bay
- more mechanics comfortable working on this engine
- most problems can be searched and found here on zilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
You must be talking about RB25. My RB20 is just as gutless as an SR when off-boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobras89 View Post
sr's can make a lot of horse power and still get good gas mileage for daily driving. i get 300miles at least on a full tank driving nice and not going into boost all the time
Quote:
think about this.
if you are going to get mounts, driveshafts, and all the work you might as well go RB25.
Quote:
Quote:
sr would be my choice parts are cheaper and more avalible but i would do a rb if it was a 25 or 26
Quote:
i have bunch of friends that swap out RB20 for SR because RB is like curse sure they are ncie and blah blah blah but only for so much times.....Sr20 is well known for it abuse, daily , or soemtime even power
Quote:
Quote:
My vote goes toward the SR. I have a n S14SR in my car and I drive the hell out of it. Hell, I just drove back to Louisiana from California. If you want a dd that you can go to Autozone or the dealership and pick up parts, go SR. Parts are relatively cheap. With simple bolt ons, I managed to git 278hp/236tq out of my car @15psi. And yea, its pretty fun for a dd. If money wasn't an issue, I would go 1JZ or RB25. I'm currently in the process of getting my car ready for a 2JZ swap. If you have any questions about it, pm me.
Quote:

Quote:
think about this.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
you should search harder...

with that said, go SR. more parts readily available for cheap. plus you already decided by saying

SR's can make 300 easy, bigger turbo, injectors,etc... and tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetopcow View Post
Ok here is my thoughts.

RB20det - the power is spread over more cylinders making it easier on the engine
- this engine sucks up a ton of space, for not much reward
- Heavier, I think it is a steel block(correct me if wrong)

SR20det - tons of mods
- more room in the engine bay
- more mechanics comfortable working on this engine
- most problems can be searched and found here on zilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
You must be talking about RB25. My RB20 is just as gutless as an SR when off-boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate29 View Post
I would go sr unless u wanted to do a biger rb platform like 25 or 26.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostyS 14 View Post
step 1: buy your own stock chassis
step 2: swap in rb25
step 3: injectors/t67 or gt35

//thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Those are the most rice b0i idiotic bandwagoning super street shitty horrid piece of shit excuses ever.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #108
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
lol get over your self, you came in here bashing the rb20, i came in here to set you straight. if you wouldnt of opened your big mouth, then all would be good.

the engine is heavier, no room, costs more....LOL thats what you got????

looks like i have plenty of room in my engine bay doesnt it? go crawl under a bridge and hang out with the rest of trolls that dont know shit about rb's.

How could you set me straight with your crooked mind? LOL

Why can't you just fu*king leave us alone @!@@@@!@! LOL I think I am done with talking to you.

The energy I put in my fingers to typing this shit is even too worth it for me to talk to you.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #109
K_style
Post Whore!

let me just go over with your favorite quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Sound is one of the biggest deciding factors for many people. I love how 3 years ago on zilvia everyone would have been sr20 yada yada. Now people are starting to realize that:

if your broke - do an sr20 swap - Applies to OP
if you have no mechanicle experience - do an sr20 swap - Applies to OP
if your el cheapo - do an sr20 swap - Applies to OP
if you like 4 banger sounds that dont rev that high - do an sr20 swap -Not sure about this
if you cant fabricate - do an sr20 swap - Applies to OP
if you dont know how to read a wiring diagram - do an sr20 swap - Applies to OP
if you dont know how to hit the search button - do an sr20 swap -Not sure about this
So the perfect swap for OP is SR20DET dont you agree?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #110
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

wow you are mad bro lol, its ok to hate. i can post same responses about the 4 banger lol, in the end its an rb... you obviously dont know shit first hand.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #111
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

i never said anything about the op and his swap, he can do what he wants, but i never disrespected his decision, i never bashed the sr20 calling it a turd bucket.

What do you expect? Go make a new thread calling the rb20 a turd sandwhich on the rb tech forums and see how fast you dissapear you troll.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #112
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
wow you are mad bro lol, its ok to hate. i can post same responses about the 4 banger lol, in the end its an rb... you obviously dont know shit first hand.

I made a poll just for you. Let's hear what other people say.

http://zilvia.net/f/polls/474372-sr2...s-rb20det.html

stop talking shit. you are being such a baby.

Yes I am mad at my self to talking to person like you to waste of my time. I should have not bother to begin with.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #113
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
i never said anything about the op and his swap, he can do what he wants, but i never disrespected his decision, i never bashed the sr20 calling it a turd bucket.

What do you expect? Go make a new thread calling the rb20 a turd sandwhich on the rb tech forums and see how fast you dissapear you troll.
I never said RB20DET is turd or whatever you like to call it. Holy shit. Stop confusing me with someone else !!! I dont even know what that Turd whatever means. I am a foreigner.

You told OP why not swap RB20? What was that all about?

Quote:
Go make a new thread calling the rb20 a turd sandwhich on the rb tech forums and see how fast you dissapear you troll.
Is your brain made of muscle ??? Should I go to SR Tech forum and do the same? WTF?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #114
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

this guy started a poll LOL.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #115
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
this guy started a poll LOL.
I sure did.. LOL I overreacted. apologies.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #116
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

haha calm down man, rb20 is far from a turd, trust me, you would get fucking owned talking that shit in the rb tech.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #117
K_style
Post Whore!

I couldn't stop laughing after looking up in dictionary what "Turd" means...

Ok. it's not that bad. I wound't call it a turd. But I am not the one calling RB20 a Turd whatever.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #118
K_style
Post Whore!

NVMD on poll. Looks like I made my self stupid.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #119
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

lol trust me, anybody who says an rb20 is a turd sandwhich, doesnt know shit about what they are talking about. I don't think you said it, you just agreed with it, and asked isnt it slower than a turd sandwhich?

I'm not trying to argue or fight with you guys about it, but with comments like that, what do you expect? I was in no way disrespecting anybody here, i'll be out at some meets and probably laugh about it, because to me, its a joke.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #120
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
clearly, the only reason to get an RB20 over an SR is if the individual want's to venture into something not so main stream.

with that said, i'll race you.