Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #61
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How did you mount up all the wiring in the bay? Did you use like push-type cable ties?
Old 07-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #62
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
I used a bunch of the original push clips that have wings on them and taped them into the harness like OEM. Also used zipties with push clips on them where I could for the smaller stuff
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #63
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Awesome build, digging the engine bay! The comment about doing it the right way, but taking longer and the satisfaction afterwards is spot on. Very commendable, I can totally relate. If you change your mind about reverting back to n62 maf, pm me. I'll send you a nice one I have I'm not using for shipping cost to help out a member that appreciates this chassis and is doing things right! Keep it up man, can't wait to see more!!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:22 PM   #64
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Awesome build, digging the engine bay! The comment about doing it the right way, but taking longer and the satisfaction afterwards is spot on. Very commendable, I can totally relate. If you change your mind about reverting back to n62 maf, pm me. I'll send you a nice one I have I'm not using for shipping cost to help out a member that appreciates this chassis and is doing things right! Keep it up man, can't wait to see more!!
This is rep points worthy if it was still around.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #65
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Dude thank you so much for the offer! I don’t think it will be necessary though.

I started the car with the honeycomb cell in the intake and it made a massive change to the MAF reading. The correct amount of air being metered put the map 6 load cells higher. The tuner did his best to work around my setup on the dyno and had to make some out of the ordinary changes to the voltage curve as a result. I played around with the curve to get the car driving a little, bit I don’t trust that all my issues will be resolved and I’m hesitant to book a re tune.

So, I decided to stop trying to make the PFC work and I’m going to pick up a Haltech platinum pro plugin this afternoon. I’m going to miss the PFC hand controller on the dash but I’m excited to take advantage of the extra features Haltech offers.

If anyone needs a PFC and Datalogit for their RB25 send me a message and we can work something out!
Old 07-15-2019, 09:19 PM   #66
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Anyone here into tuning? I'm gonna nerd out a bit in this post. I've wanted to learn for a long time now, I've read a decent amount and have a sliver of an idea of what I'm doing.

So,

This weekend I spent a bunch of time "tuning" the car and HOLY SHIT does it drive great.

Saturday afternoon I calibrated the MAF curve up to 4k free revving in the driveway (sorry neighbors, haha). I could see how much the tuner had to add in each voltage plot to get it reading on the fuel table, I should have taken a screenshot. The maf signal is also butter smooth now. Huge win!
Some HEAVY rain came out of nowhere and stopped me for a little. Vented hood and rain don't mix, FYI. I'm using a contractor garbage bag folded up to keep the coil packs dry and it feels so ..trashy

Sunday morning my friend came over and we drove to another friend's to watch the British Grand Prix - what an unreal race, lots of action!
I had him drive there while I logged from the passenger seat and tuned. Had it roughly sorted in 20-30 mins of driving, did the same on the way back and it was running great. No knock, safe AFR's and no surging like before. If only I had known that a $24 honeycomb cell would have saved me so much headache... Lesson learned! If I ever build a MAF setup again

I didn't end up with the Haltech I had lined up. The PFC was now doing EXACTLY what I wanted and expected when I booked a tune, so I decided to stick with it.

Instead I spent the afternoon driving, watching the map and tuning more! A long highway drive is basically perfect to adjust the light load and do some higher load pulls. We tuned as high as 6k@16psi and FUCK does this thing MOVE!

I had to stop there, any more boost and the AFR's get a little lean. I didn't touch the ignition table at all, need to learn more first.
When I had the car tuned initially it seemed like I was running out of fuel pump but we weren't sure if it was the shit signal from the maf throwing things off. I wish I had a fuel pressure gauge in the car but I think this is most likely, I kept adding to the fuel table in the load cells I'm hitting and injector duty goes up but AFR does not go down. On the injector duty topic - anyone have Datalogit experience? For some reason I can't log duty %. I can watch it on the hand controller but none of the watches or chart watches display correctly. 'basic injduty' always reads 0, there is no 'Advanced injduty' only 'Advanced duty' and that one always displays 95. Annoying to not be able to log it, memory is only so good and doesn't plot on a load map, lol.

Anyway, fuel pump seems to make sense. I only have a walbro 255 in the tank, they max out around 400hp and I made ~350 at 1bar the first go at it.
A Bosch 044 should be the answer. The new question: Leave the 255 in tank as a lift pump and put the 044 inline, or, ditch the 255 and mount the 044 in tank?? I'm not building a swirl pot, that seems overkill for 400hp.

The internet says the Jay's racing 044 sock has issues collapsing on itself, want to make sure that isn't an issue with any other ones if I mount in tank.

Either way, an 044 is going in the car, somewhere.

Stay tuned to see where on the next episode of "Andrew tries to make 400hp"
Old 07-20-2019, 08:05 AM   #67
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man your s13 is goals AF man!!!
Old 07-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #68
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Well the car has been running around great at 1bar

I've put a lot of seat time in, logged some data and I'm happy running this tune until I can book another appointment.

Went to see a friend, I'm sure you'll all recognize this car.

Driving with Liam made me realize how loud my car is, and also how not 500hp it is, haha. Feels good to drive with cool cars again.

Shop hangs

Speaking of cool cars - my good friend Ryan just finished his RB26 swapped Datsun 240z. He's running mostly S-chassis suspension, 5 bolt, Z-brakes, a big single and made over 400ps without breaking a sweat. Car rips.

Miata is stock engine but absolutely destroys in the corners

Interior tune

My new fuel pump came in! Still waiting on fittings and a fresh sock for the Walbro. Decided to leave the 255 in tank and the 044 is going inline with bigger wiring from a relay. I have a feeling the new pump is gonna be loud but that's the way she goes
Old 07-29-2019, 08:12 AM   #69
s13-180sx

Trader Rating: (0)
s13-180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude, awesome build! This thing is so rad
s13-180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #70
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
this is very nice... you're doing great.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:22 AM   #71
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13-180sx View Post
Dude, awesome build! This thing is so rad
I'm flattered that this was your first post, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
this is very nice... you're doing great.
Thanks dude!
Old 07-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #72
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Damn that interior is clean, also nice work on the rust in the engine bay.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:44 PM   #73
BenRice
Leaky Injector

BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Just checked in on this board for the first time in years and stoked to see this has progressed so far!
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:21 AM   #74
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Dude that is the best execution of an aftermarket vent on a factory hood I have seen thus far. Cool car!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #75
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Damn that interior is clean, also nice work on the rust in the engine bay.
Thanks man! I was tempted to go with red seats but I'm glad I kept it a little more low key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRice View Post
Just checked in on this board for the first time in years and stoked to see this has progressed so far!
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the progression too... beats sitting in the garage in pieces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Dude that is the best execution of an aftermarket vent on a factory hood I have seen thus far. Cool car!
Glad you like it too! I wish it turned out a little better. I knew it would crack if I tried to smooth it into the factory metal so I skipped on that, what I didn't expect was clear coat cracking off. In search of KP hood without spending $2m HMU if you have one.. haha

Two of my buddies cars. SW20 is new to Matt... should be getting some new go-fast goodies soon.

Dan's Foxbody just got a brand new Dart 363 and has a big supercharger... it's an absolute beast.

New fuel pump is in, runs great. I need to book a full throttle tune so I know it's safe. I have it setup extra rich and conservative with timing. Really want to know what it puts down now.

I'm joining Jordie (Dolph_KYAS13) and a couple others for some open lapping next sunday. Should be fun to stretch it's legs. I'd love to catch a drift day before it goes into storage but the season is almost over
Old 12-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #76
Donedreamin

Donedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enough
Thank you for not only taking beautiful photos, but for uploading them on flickr!

Beautiful car and looking forward to more updates
Donedreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #77
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
What a nice car! I see you're going through the factory chassis harness, what a tedious process eh?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:20 AM   #78
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I have owned 3 kp hoods dude. About 1000-1200 to your door. Level up!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:47 PM   #79
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread was v good
Old 03-31-2021, 07:22 AM   #80
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Updates on this thing? Footage?

Old 03-31-2021, 09:22 AM   #81
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Yo thanks for the bump! No major updates to get excited about right now but there is a bunch of change coming this summer.

The car was essentially gas and go all 2020, felt amazing to have no major issues since I got it back on the road. I did some more dyno tuning (myself) and have a bunch of changes coming in 2021.. more on those later

On another note I somehow locked myself out of my Zilvia account and can’t get a password reset email. I’m sure I have some pics to upload but it’s too painful on my phone. Thank god Chrome has me logged in still so I can PM a mod.

Once I get that sorted I’ll make a real update!
Old 03-31-2021, 09:35 AM   #82
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka24Power View Post
Yo thanks for the bump! No major updates to get excited about right now but there is a bunch of change coming this summer.

The car was essentially gas and go all 2020, felt amazing to have no major issues since I got it back on the road. I did some more dyno tuning (myself) and have a bunch of changes coming in 2021.. more on those later

On another note I somehow locked myself out of my Zilvia account and can?t get a password reset email. I?m sure I have some pics to upload but it?s too painful on my phone. Thank god Chrome has me logged in still so I can PM a mod.

Once I get that sorted I?ll make a real update!
Awesome, good to hear! Like I said, I'd love to see some action vids if you have any, I love the RB sounds and S13's with them are kinda hard to come by these days!