Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #721
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisen View Post
Is anyone using the LOJ speedo pickup kit? Would a signal converter still be required? Or can I just wire it directly to the speed sensor cables? For a S14

Would it work at all? Just that the speedo would not be accurate? Or would it not work if there's no Dakota?
It would not. It would ether have to be processed buy a Dakota digital or an after market ecu to correct the ppm and signal type.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #722
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Any know of any break down videos for the transmission on YouTube?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:29 AM   #723
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
heres a question for you guys. Has anyone successfully removed the trans while the motor stayed in?
Old 05-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #724
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninwon View Post
heres a question for you guys. Has anyone successfully removed the trans while the motor stayed in?

i just finished doing this. Mazworxs bellhousing.

Lower the engine Crossmember via the 4 nuts. Just loosen until they bottom of the nut is flush with the stud, this lowers the motor about 1/2 to 3/4 inch which is enough for input shaft to clear the pressure plate. I also loosened the motor mounts to allow the motor to tilt back slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #725
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
I did did a new transmission crossmember mavericks is junk it bent on me , their kit works perfect but personally the transmission bracket they make is not worth 100 dollars

Old 05-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #726
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kaisen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
It would not. It would ether have to be processed buy a Dakota digital or an after market ecu to correct the ppm and signal type.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. So what I have to do is to wire the 2 wires coming out from the LOJ pick up kit to the Dakota converter and wire the "signal out" from the Dakota to the cluster wire?
Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #727
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisen View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong. So what I have to do is to wire the 2 wires coming out from the LOJ pick up kit to the Dakota converter and wire the "signal out" from the Dakota to the cluster wire?
Correct.

Also yall to add to the cd swap everything heres my k24 cd009 s13.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #728
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^^ Is that an inline pro bell housing adapter??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #729
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
^^ Is that an inline pro bell housing adapter??
I wish I went with them. When I started this only Colin's had a kit available. But by the time I got feed up waiting, 5months and I was current away in A School after finishing boot camp. Inline pro came out with it but Collins finally got me the whole kit at 6months. Apparently I got the first one which is no excuse cause he said 1 month turn around when I called to order it. My buddy asked him about it when he was in Florida for FD the other week and gave him an earful for giving a pompous bullshit "business man" answer. I'll never deal with Colin's again! Shit the kit that he gave me came with a stage 3 Ebay clutch when I looked up the part number on the clutch disc. When it goes I could get a standard VQ clutch but I feel like I'll be leaning towards inline pros twin disc cause I'm shooting for 500whp on E85. I got a build thread here if you wana know more about if.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #730
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
k24 cd009 s13.
What oil pan is used for the K series? This sounds like an awesome swap.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #731
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
What oil pan is used for the K series? This sounds like an awesome swap.
Custom. It's a pain in the butt swap having to make everything from scratch.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:13 PM   #732
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ugh damn, I can't really make my own stuff i'm all about bolt-on parts lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #733
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Correct.

Also yall to add to the cd swap everything heres my k24 cd009 s13.

Which port on the Dakota did you wire the output from? OUT 3?
Old 05-15-2019, 08:45 PM   #734
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Currently still tryn to interface haltechs VSS OUT with the speedo directly but I'm waiting on an oscilloscope help me figure out what's going on. In theory I can get the signal I need to the speedo with just a resistor and capacitor but it's not working yet. If I give up I'll be ordering a Dakota. I setup one these up years ago on an S13 but I forget how it was wired.

Edit:
Reading over the LOJ product disc. The signal output type is correct it would just read 250% faster then you are going so you would need the Dakota or ecu to slow down the signal.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:13 PM   #735
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Currently still tryn to interface haltechs VSS OUT with the speedo directly but I'm waiting on an oscilloscope help me figure out what's going on. In theory I can get the signal I need to the speedo with just a resistor and capacitor but it's not working yet. If I give up I'll be ordering a Dakota. I setup one these up years ago on an S13 but I forget how it was wired.

Edit:
Reading over the LOJ product disc. The signal output type is correct it would just read 250% faster then you are going so you would need the Dakota or ecu to slow down the signal.
Noted with thanks!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:17 AM   #736
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Edit:
I've read from the LOJ product description and it says to wire the 2 wires from the LOJ to the factory speed sensor wires. So should I still get the wires from the LOJ adaptor to the Dakota? If I wire the LOJ directly to the factory speed sensor wires, where does the Dakota come in? This is confusing
Old 05-20-2019, 06:28 AM   #737
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

If you wire it directly itll read. 50mph when you going 20mph. You wire the LOJ to the input if the Dakota and output to the cluster. I have given up and ordered a Dakota digital I'll let you know how the install goes.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:39 AM   #738
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Quote:
If you wire it directly itll read. 50mph when you going 20mph. You wire the LOJ to the input if the Dakota and output to the cluster. I have given up and ordered a Dakota digital I'll let you know how the install goes.

Turns out I had a faulty cluster ffs. Swapped with another unit and it's all good.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #739
The_saint

The_saint is an unknown quantity at this point
I have read through this entire thread and I can't find the answer. cd009 to vh45 with the Collins adapter.

What flywheel clutch setup are you guys using? Collins said to use the 350z clutch and flywheel with an auto flexplate, spacer and longer flywheel bolts.

With the setup above it looks like the flywheel pushes out too far. Also since the 350z flywheel hole is small than the vh crank the bolt will be the only thing supporting the flywheel to the crank.

Can someone who has done the cd009 on a vh give me some input.
The_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:36 AM   #740
The_saint

The_saint is an unknown quantity at this point
I figured out the problem, it was the dual mass flywheel that came with my clutch kit. Flywheel has to be single mass. So single mass flywheel, vh flex plate, vh spacer and longer flywheel bolts.
The_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #741
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Got my VET/JK41 running recently. So far so good. Goes into all gears on the stand.
Mazworx bell housing
White bunny 250mm clutch (clutch pedal feels nice. Hope it holds 400+ ft lbs at the wheels)
Stock slave
New Master
SS clutch line
Hook shifter.
Custom AL 3" shaft

Stoked!
Old 07-04-2019, 07:27 PM   #742
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Everyone running the external slave. How are you ruuning your clutch line? My clutch line is hanging way too low and it actually busted today. I don't see any other way to route the line since it's pointing directly to the ground.
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #743
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

You have many options. Banjo bolt, new AN fittings, etc. Measure and order a oil supply line from summit and done
Old 07-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #744
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
You have many options. Banjo bolt, new AN fittings, etc. Measure and order a oil supply line from summit and done
The external slave fitting is perpendicular to the ground which points the hose directly ground when attached. How did you run yours Ralliart? Any photos you could show?
Old 07-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #745
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

I am guessing I will have to run a custom line instead of using the ISIS 5spd line. If I ran a banjo style line to the slave cylinder this would help since I would be able to turn the hoses whichever way I needed it to route. Would this idea work?
Old 07-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #746
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

I am pretty sure that is exactly what wrote in my post.....
Old 07-08-2019, 11:49 PM   #747
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Any photos of your setup? I'm trying to gain the most clearance possible...
Old 07-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #748
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
Any photos of your setup? I'm trying to gain the most clearance possible...
Quote:
Quote:
banjo fitting. he already told you

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #749
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
banjo fitting. he already told you
Ordered a chasebay. Hopefully that will fix help! Thanks guys
Old 07-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #750
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
Ordered a chasebay. Hopefully that will fix help! Thanks guys
Just an update for anyone wondering the chase bay banjo hydraulic line fixed my problem!