Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:26 PM   #151
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelC View Post
Just read though your entire thread, I got a KBD rear bumper and skirts for my s14. You mentioned their fitment was bad? How so? I'm a little nervous because it gets misshapen so easily.

Anyway, great thread!
Hey Joel,

I think it's because I have Origin Type 3 fenders... I feel that the OEM metal fenders fit the KBD front bumpers better. I had a friend with a similar issue with Type 3 fenders and another one that had no idea what we were talking about... Turns out the guy that had no issues had OEM metal front fenders. Tyler (my other buddy with type 3 fenders) and I both assumed because the Type 3 fenders bow the front bumper out slightly, that was causing our gap issues.

One way others have recommended is using the OEM brackets to attach your front bumper and front fenders together off the car... then have a buddy or two help place the front bumper and fenders on as one whole unit. Sounds like a headache but 2 guys on IG recommended me to do that.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #152
JoelC

JoelC is making a name for him/her selfJoelC is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Hey Joel,

I think it's because I have Origin Type 3 fenders... I feel that the OEM metal fenders fit the KBD front bumpers better. I had a friend with a similar issue with Type 3 fenders and another one that had no idea what we were talking about... Turns out the guy that had no issues had OEM metal front fenders. Tyler (my other buddy with type 3 fenders) and I both assumed because the Type 3 fenders bow the front bumper out slightly, that was causing our gap issues.

One way others have recommended is using the OEM brackets to attach your front bumper and front fenders together off the car... then have a buddy or two help place the front bumper and fenders on as one whole unit. Sounds like a headache but 2 guys on IG recommended me to do that.
I'm curious if that's a uniquely s13 issue. The bumper mounting for my type 3 fenders on my s14 are in the factory spot so maybe it won't be something I need to be concerned with.

I guess this is a very abstract concern as they have yet to make the KBD kouki bumper
Old 02-19-2020, 01:58 PM   #153
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelC View Post
I'm curious if that's a uniquely s13 issue. The bumper mounting for my type 3 fenders on my s14 are in the factory spot so maybe it won't be something I need to be concerned with.

I guess this is a very abstract concern as they have yet to make the KBD kouki bumper

No idea. Type 3 fenders are wider then OEM so the polyurethane molded for a certain width will bow out different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2020, 04:23 AM   #154
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Just an update, I made it through 3 drift events since I dynoed 345whp/314tq and I blew out 2nd gear. I was hot lapping and initiating in third (no clutch kicks, just faint entry) and I down shifted into 2nd and got on it. 2nd gear left the chat. I bought a Z32 transmission and I’ll be swapping that in as soon as I can.

Added some photos from when I street drove the car 3 hours to spirit peaks. I’m lucky it didn’t go out while I was down south.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:30 AM   #155
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

I started taking apart the Z32 transmission to send the bell housing off to Mazworx. I was having a really difficult time removing the check spring ball and retainer plug in the size of the bell housing. I made a short video on how to get that off:

https://youtu.be/muApr-pN6xY

Old 03-03-2020, 11:08 PM   #156
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

The bell housing is off to Mazworx to get machined! Also bonus photos from the last open drift on March 1st!

Old 03-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #157
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Peeling the vinyl away for paint.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #158
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Looking good.
Where are you taking it for paint?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #159
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Looking good.
Where are you taking it for paint?

Paul Wise

Old 03-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #160
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I bought the Xcessive Manufacturing shortened bracket to reposition the Z32 shifter to work with the stock 240sx tunnel hole and everyone on Facebook told me to throw the Xcessive linkage out the window. Apparently their notorious for binding up or falling apart? Dpomps offered to cut and weld the stock linkage. Basically if you remove the 3-4 inch bar between the U joints, the length is almost identical to the linkage. Other people on Facebook suggested using the LOJ Conversion linkage, which is a higher quality machined link.

Derrik has dealt with the same issues others reported and advices to just go this route.

I won't get Mazworx adapter kit until probably the last week of March, so this is cutting it close for the April events. I'll probably have to slap this in the day before PARC.

Old 03-09-2020, 01:01 AM   #161
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Well since I blew up my transmission, I bought another KA transmission to get me to paint. I brought my car to Frowsh's dad's to work on it on the lift.

Turns out my life that weight flywheel teeth was destroyed from the old starter I just replaced.

I replaced it with an OEM flywheel I had laying around. Yes I cleaned it, no I didn't have time to resurface it. When I throw the z32 transmission in, I will get another flywheel resurfaced.

https://youtu.be/e1gTAtEfu-c

Old 03-09-2020, 10:05 PM   #162
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Benefits of owning a hatch

Old 03-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #163
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Here's my little adventure to Bend Oregon to get my car painted.

I am terrible at talking to myself, I also have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to vlogging. I mostly create these videos to look back on as memories. Plus my mom has no idea what I do with this motorsports, so I share it with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a81rlLPj5LY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a81rlLPj5LY
Old 05-19-2020, 10:32 AM   #164
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:33 AM   #165
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #166
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #167
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #168
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #169
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #170
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:47 AM   #171
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-19-2020, 10:50 AM   #172
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Don?t have time to put info, I?ll write something up later.

Here?s a video from the weekend as we all prep for Summerjam. This was supposed to be for Final Bout SSNW but COVID happened.

https://youtu.be/zrcxhWIbgPg

Old 05-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #173
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Damn, what an outcome.

That Ford is tough too.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM   #174
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Summer Jam at PARC was completely out of control! I should do a write up on the shenanigans that went down. I did throw together a video edit that blew up on Facebook! I will post the YouTube video below.

Yes my car caught on fire on day 1. Yes I kept drifting!!!

Old 06-02-2020, 03:11 PM   #175
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Here is my Summer Jam 2020 recap video, most of the video was taken by me, a friend in passenger, or sent via Snapchat. IT WAS A WILD WEEKEND.

https://youtu.be/5jR5zluONHw

If you guys REALLY wanna read background story on what happened and who tf the titties b, read this comment thread: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...08046063015958
Old 06-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #176
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I forgot to take pictures, but I bought ISR braided brake lines for the S13. Threw them on on Friday before the evergreen open drift.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #177
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
This is one excellent looking hatch you have here sir.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:46 AM   #178
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ohhhh I had seen pictures of the fire, but didn't realize the owner was on here. I imagine it was small? (small amount of damage)

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #179
yaba94070
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
yaba94070 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to yaba94070
looks so good

looks great 2020
Old 07-02-2020, 09:57 AM   #180
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Ohhhh I had seen pictures of the fire, but didn't realize the owner was on here. I imagine it was small? (small amount of damage)

Yeah it wasn?t to bad. Brake line leaked and ignited from the hot sparking rear caliper. That caught the plastic shield on fire. No fuel leak. We good. I?m still driving around Seattle like this lmao