Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:14 AM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
~ S13 & S15 Silvias ~ Japan! ~

I'm sure that most of you guys know (PMing me, asking for favors like we're actually friends) that I was stationed in Japan last year, August 2016.

I've been busy being a fucking moron, really. I bought a '97 Type X from Osaka without ever seeing it because it was priced lower than the only other Midnight Purple Type X listed at the time. When it arrived, I could see why. Mistake number one.

I didn't want to put fuckloads of work into the Type X, so I traded it in for a very clean '88 Silvia Q's two-tone. I knew that no Midnight Purple 180SXs had been posted for sale since I bought mine but I was eager to get into a 'fun car'. If you're reading this far then you know why I opted for an NA two-tone. Fanboy dreams, box checked. I figured I'd tinker on this Q's a little and just enjoy how original it was. I thought it'd be a lifetime until another Midnight Purple car came around. Mistake number two.*

I was still browsing ads because I wasn't really happy with the Q's. I felt like I settled again. Earlier this year (2017) I finally found what I was looking for: a reasonably priced Midnight Purple Type X. The car was located two hours away from me and although I didn't have any room to buy another car I decided to take the drive to look at it. Obviously I ended up buying it. Here's why:

1996 Midnight Purple Type X (late '96, first year)
90,XXX KMs (~56,XXX mi)
Factory 5-speed
No HICAS
DCC
Clean History
Appraised by JAAA

...and my favorite part: I'm the second owner.

So here it is. Came with an aftermarket head unit, rear deck speakers, subwoofer, and those ugly fucking wheels. Other than that the car is completely stock.

I've learned two things throughout this whole shitshow:

1.) I'm an impatient fucking moron.

2.) I could really give a fuck less about what other people are into. I'm very drawn towards cars that are all original and have no shitty history behind them. People think I'm crazy for being so particular but I've come to realize it's just what I like.

My friends (guys that have been in Japan longer than I have) are cool enough to help me order parts. I just picked up E5 and with that comes the ability to register a second car so I've started ordering some parts to get the car lower and converted to 5lug. I scooped some R33 wheels while on vacation so the car will be pretty 'mild' by most standards once I get the parts in. I have other wheels on order but they'll take about 4 months to get done. Don't worry, I promise you'll hate them.

* - Mistake number two isn't really a mistake. The NA, 5speed CA18DE is actually really fun to drive on curvy roads. You feel the lack of pull on the highway but driving twisties is fun. If it doesn't sell I'm going to keep it fully OEM and just replace the bushings.

Last edited by dizzariot; 06-19-2017 at 08:05 PM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #2
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

90,XXX KMs (~56,XXX mi)
Factory 5-speed
No HICAS

Clean History

I'm the second owner.

it's just what I like.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #3
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

2.) I could really give a fuck less about what other people are into. I'm very drawn towards cars that are all original and have no shitty history behind them. People think I'm crazy for being so particular but I've come to realize it's just what I like.
You just don't like headaches, I see you my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
This thing will end up being a flaming pile of failure . Nice find, super jealous!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Busey Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
You just don't like headaches, I see you my man!
Yeah man. The '97 was something I wouldn't have bought had I seen it first. Biggest n00b mistake of my life. Headaches were avoided for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13driftnut View Post
This thing will end up being a flaming pile of failure . Nice find, super jealous!
My lack of TE37s or CR Kais will undoubtedly make everyone hate the car.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #6
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm sure that most of you guys know (PMing me, asking for favors like we're actually friends) that I was stationed in Japan last year, August 2016.
ohhh favors? Can we be actual friends?

Quote:

90,XXX KMs (~56,XXX mi)
Factory 5-speed
No HICAS
DCC
Clean History
Appraised by JAAA

...and my favorite part: I'm the second owner.
sub'd

Quote:

My lack of TE37s or CR Kais will undoubtedly make everyone hate the car.
...Unsub'd

Looking forward to this actually.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #7
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Finally FUCK

silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:55 PM   #8
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluevanos01 View Post
...Unsub'd
I KNEW IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
Finally FUCK

Stick to the Paul Walker forums, fuckin' square.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #9
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Are we friends? I wish I had a friend.

V excited for this.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #10
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So jealous, even if just for the lack of multiple previous owners' fuckery.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:16 AM   #11
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Sorry, but this is mistake number three until you find an all original midnight purple 1998 Sileighty made by Kids Heart.

Oh and, fuck a sunroof.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:25 AM   #12
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Are we friends? I wish I had a friend.

V excited for this.
New thread, who dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
So jealous, even if just for the lack of multiple previous owners' fuckery.
That's the only reason I made it work. The last thing I needed was another car. I drove it two hours back home and it's so quiet. Insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Oh and, fuck a sunroof.
Optical illusion. Car is a hardtop.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #13
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I go up for orders next month and there are quite a few for Yokosuka this month but that whole E4 and below registering one car thing kinda blew it for me. Dont think ill be picking up second class any time soon lol.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #14
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
I go up for orders next month and there are quite a few for Yokosuka this month but that whole E4 and below registering one car thing kinda blew it for me. Dont think ill be picking up second class any time soon lol.
Shit man I didn't think I'd make E5. If you have the opportunity to come here just do it. You won't regret it.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:02 AM   #15
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Love the midnight purple color!
CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #16
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Almost everything has been ordered. Hoping things start to show up this week. Still need to figure out what rotors I need for my car and which tires I'm going to run.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #17
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Care to share what was ordered?

Old 06-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #18
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Care to share what was ordered?
Just the 'usual'

KTS Coilovers
Ichiba Hubs
PMU D1 Spec Pads F/R
17X9+17 XT7s (bought from a friend here)

I'm still hunting down the correct rotors size because there doesn't seem to be a straight answer on what to use. Redrilling them isn't a normal practice here.

I was going to run the R33 wheels with 5mm spacers all around but the XT7s my friend had were too clean to pass up. Trade +cash deal was struck.

Still hunting RUCA.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:49 PM   #19
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Still waiting on the RUCA and tires to show up. Paid for insurance and got temporary plates for the car as well. I can legally drive ti around now while I get it ready for inspection. In Japan your car has to meet certain criteria before you can get a number plate.

A friend was able to help me sneak in a last-minute bid on some teardrops with brand new BF Goodrich tires. The wheels that came on the car were fucking horrible and one of the front tires developed a bubble to boot. Happy to get these on:

Here's the pile of parts. Nothing too fancy:

Took my car to Autobacs to have the AC charged and it turns out my compressor is bad. Going to have to find a new one before the REAL summer heat kicks in. Running out of time...
Old 07-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #20
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Lemme know when you're ready to sell it. I got cash.

Or I'll just help you bring it back and then keep it for myself without asking you. I'll just send you a check.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #21
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Lemme know when you're ready to sell it. I got cash.

Or I'll just help you bring it back and then keep it for myself without asking you. I'll just send you a check.
Shieeeeeeeeet this car doesn't get power to all four wheels. You wouldn't want something like this.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #22
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

Here's the pile of parts. Nothing too fancy:

Mmm mmm new KTS. They still make low and super low versions?
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #23
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Better get on that quick its gonna get super HAWT soon homie! nice lil pile you got!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #24
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Wicked jealous. Always wanted a MNP Type X.

Finding a low mile, non-abused, no 574 previous owners, rust free, etc. car is a headache. Glad you found yours.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #25
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

If there was on thing I wasn't prepared for was the damn humility during the summers in Japan. It was damn near hotter then Africa...

Old 07-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #26
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Oh wow you actully got something with some balls-I mean a turbo lol. Nice purchase
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #27
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Oh wow you actully got something with some balls-I mean a turbo lol. Nice purchase
Lol fucking josh
Old 07-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #28
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Better get on that quick its gonna get super HAWT soon homie! nice lil pile you got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
Wicked jealous. Always wanted a MNP Type X.

Finding a low mile, non-abused, no 574 previous owners, rust free, etc. car is a headache. Glad you found yours.
I made a lot of dumb purchases before this. Still paying for them both literally and figuratively.

Quote:
If there was on thing I wasn't prepared for was the damn humility during the summers in Japan. It was damn near hotter then Africa...
*SPOILER ALERT*

I never understood why God Hand from Initial D lost (S200) because of the heat. Now I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
Lol fucking josh
Who's fucking side are you on?

Hoping to have the car registered this week and the parts installed.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:16 AM   #29
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
❤️

Who's fucking side are you on?

Hoping to have the car registered this week and the parts installed.
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #30
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Not gonna make it to registration this week. I guess it's alright since my wheels still aren't here. I'll probably get them mounted over the weekend if they show up. Monday is a Japanese holiday so I'll have to go to registration on Tuesday.