Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #6451
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Sky80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvisionMore View Post
Thank you so much for this. How is the stock cooling fan working out for you?

It is amazing, I moved down here to Houston this summer and it has not had a single problem in the heat and traffic. I think the hardest part is making a upper radiator pipe to stay out of the way of the fan

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #6452
Sifudrifter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Sifudrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Sifudrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky80 View Post
It is amazing, I moved down here to Houston this summer and it has not had a single problem in the heat and traffic. I think the hardest part is making a upper radiator pipe to stay out of the way of the fan

what injectors are you running?
Old 10-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #6453
jubee
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jubee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
not sure if this was asked before or not but for the VVTI guys running autos, can that trans be built or would i have to get a us spec auto transmission?
jubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #6454
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just an update if anyone is wondering about the FAL 420 fans. At idle mine goes from 205ish to 180 in about a minute or so at idle. Using Toyota "pink" coolant and water. ISIS sr radiator
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:13 PM   #6455
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Nice, what is ambient air temp?
Old 10-20-2016, 05:21 AM   #6456
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Probably about 80 give or take a few degrees
Old 10-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #6457
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifudrifter View Post
what injectors are you running?

ID1000s prob gonna sell them though and move up to at least a 1300
Old 10-30-2016, 07:40 AM   #6458
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Soooo what happened to everyone's progress?!

Getting a future fab-esque elbow made today to a full 3 inch stainless straight pipe. Pics when it's down. Also got my MBC on last night. Really woke up from the factory 5psi wastegate presssure lol
Old 10-31-2016, 07:52 AM   #6459
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky80 View Post

Is your o2 sensor ok being that close to the turbo?
Old 10-31-2016, 08:19 AM   #6460
NOLAGG
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NOLAGG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A any one running a wiring specialties harness and has upgraded their alternator?I upgraded to a 150amp sequoia alternator and re pinned the new sepia plug and now when I start my car the battery signal stays lit?
NOLAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:54 AM   #6461
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

kkaleher is an unknown quantity at this point
Hows my setup goin hmmmm, of course there has been more speed bumps. so here you go:

*Got the over heating issued fixed by running FAL440 pushers, its amazing the fans actually will shut off cause coolant temps drop back down to 170.
*Tried to get my dyno tune on and found fuel pressure dropping up top on a single walbro 450lph pump. Tried adding a 2nd feed line and filter, still dropped psi up top. Rebuilt my aeromotive fuel pressure regulator cause it was leaking vac/boost but still no change. Ended up adding a 2nd pump in tank. Upgraded the wiring on the S13 pump hanger cause that tiny 25yr old corroded shit had no chance. POW I have all of the fuel pressure now!
*So im out cruising one night and my lights go dim and the laptop shows 10.8V at idle and 12.8 at 2000rpm, FML what now! Apparently the stock 2j alternator cannot handle the extra load of these kickass fans, dual pumps, stereo, etc. So now I just put on a Tundra alternator and POW all of the voltages are mine again!

Just trying to get back to the dyno! Running great tho!.... for now
Old 11-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #6462
NOLAGG
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NOLAGG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaleher View Post
Hows my setup goin hmmmm, of course there has been more speed bumps. so here you go:

*Got the over heating issued fixed by running FAL440 pushers, its amazing the fans actually will shut off cause coolant temps drop back down to 170.
*Tried to get my dyno tune on and found fuel pressure dropping up top on a single walbro 450lph pump. Tried adding a 2nd feed line and filter, still dropped psi up top. Rebuilt my aeromotive fuel pressure regulator cause it was leaking vac/boost but still no change. Ended up adding a 2nd pump in tank. Upgraded the wiring on the S13 pump hanger cause that tiny 25yr old corroded shit had no chance. POW I have all of the fuel pressure now!
*So im out cruising one night and my lights go dim and the laptop shows 10.8V at idle and 12.8 at 2000rpm, FML what now! Apparently the stock 2j alternator cannot handle the extra load of these kickass fans, dual pumps, stereo, etc. So now I just put on a Tundra alternator and POW all of the voltages are mine again!

Just trying to get back to the dyno! Running great tho!.... for now
What wiring harness are younrunning?
NOLAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #6463
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAGG View Post
What wiring harness are younrunning?
I made my own- Haltech PS2000
Old 11-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #6464
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAGG View Post
A any one running a wiring specialties harness and has upgraded their alternator?I upgraded to a 150amp sequoia alternator and re pinned the new sepia plug and now when I start my car the battery signal stays lit?
Email yury. He answered all my harness questions almost immediately
Old 11-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #6465
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Is anyone successfully running the CD009 trans and has good detail on the swap? Fucking $2500 "fully built" 0 mile R154 I bought off a member here complete took a dump less than 1k into break in with no hard shifting
What about the Maverick kit? I like the idea of not having to swap bell housings and just run a 350z clutch. I hate the R154 shifter feel and am hopefully going to acquire a 370z 6spd in the near future.

May have for sale soon:
r154w/1j bell housing, shaft masters aluminum DS for s13 hatch with r200, xcessive trans mount, OEM 1jz flywheel, ebay XTD clutch (I know its crap but it was free and is holding what has to be at least 480whp for now), slave cylinder, etc
Old 11-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #6466
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
What about the Maverick kit? I like the idea of not having to swap bell housings and just run a 350z clutch. I hate the R154 shifter feel and am hopefully going to acquire a 370z 6spd in the near future.

May have for sale soon:

r154w/1j bell housing, shaft masters aluminum DS for s13 hatch with r200, xcessive trans mount, OEM 1jz flywheel, ebay XTD clutch (I know its crap but it was free and is holding what has to be at least 480whp for now), slave cylinder, etc

Think I'm going with the Collins A340 bellhousing adapter kit. Looks like the closest thing to a bolt on kit and fits like the R154 to the engine so hopefully no firewall clearance issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #6467
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
Quote:

May have for sale soon:

Im running the maverick kit on my 1jzvvti, I have a modified 350z shifter now. Im currently swapping chassis to a s14, planning on changing to the Gktech shifter. hope it is close to oem shifter location on FreedMotorsports mounts. will post pics as it goes in the car/ what cutting is involved.

I like not trimming the bellhousing and swaping to a 350z clutch, has been working great this season, but adding an adapter plate and not cutting the bell housing of course pushed the shifter location further back.
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #6468
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Supporting a local to make my elbow and full exhaust. 3 inch stainless. More pics when it's all done

Old 11-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #6469
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

I'll try to get a video tomorrow

Old 11-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #6470
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
I'll try to get a video tomorrow

Piece looks fantastic! This is for 1J right? Are they planning on selling these or one off?
Old 11-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #6471
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

The elbows are $250 shipped he has a few he made last week. 1j vvti yes
Old 11-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #6472
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Anyone have clearance issues with the oil filter and engine mount? Mine is probably 1/16 of an inch away...
Old 11-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #6473
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Ok, power steering issues...mine is puking all over, whats the over the counter USDM compatible part for a non-vvti 1JZ power steering pump?

PS pump calls for ATF to be used, our S-chassis rack calls for PS fluid to be used...what do you run? What is the "no-expense-spared" best option here?

I have full braided -AN lines for all lines, and I do run a cooler...

Picture for reference...

Old 11-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #6474
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Ok, power steering issues...mine is puking all over, whats the over the counter USDM compatible part for a non-vvti 1JZ power steering pump?

PS pump calls for ATF to be used, our S-chassis rack calls for PS fluid to be used...what do you run? What is the "no-expense-spared" best option here?

I have full braided -AN lines for all lines, and I do run a cooler...
I always run ATF in mine,

I run a
1jzgte vvti oem pump
xcessive high pressure line
morso reservoir
soft lines from rack to cooler, cooler to reservoir, reservoir to pump

have zero issues
Old 11-08-2016, 03:13 PM   #6475
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, the system is setup well, I Just need a new pump, mine is old and puking. What is the USDM compatible part?
Old 11-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #6476
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yea, the system is setup well, I Just need a new pump, mine is old and puking. What is the USDM compatible part?

I bought one from a 2JZ Supra on Rock Auto. Both the Toyota and Nissan P/S systems use ATF.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #6477
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
I bought one from a 2JZ Supra on Rock Auto. Both the Toyota and Nissan P/S systems use ATF.
NA or TT pump? Was it a straight bolt on affair?
Old 11-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #6478
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
NA or TT pump? Was it a straight bolt on affair?

TT. Yes, it's the same exact pump.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #6479
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
our S-chassis rack calls for PS fluid to be used.
Nope, 240sx power steering is supposed to have ATF fluid. This is why most 240's have a leaky PS system because people ran ps fluid..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #6480
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Nope, 240sx power steering is supposed to have ATF fluid. This is why most 240's have a leaky PS system because people ran ps fluid..
Well shit, that's good to know...lol

Makes it easy to decide on fluid this time...