Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thread of the Living Dead

Ok we all love Zombie's here at Zilvia and there's almost always some Lovely Zombie news that will make you drool (blood).

So here we go. All Zombie news and related comments can go here.

I'll start it off with:

George Romero's Diary of the Dead just got picked up for US and Mexico distribution. For those not up to date, George completely cut out the Hollywood studio's funding and funded the whole movie himself (I'm sure he had some other source, but we get the point).

The movie takes place actually during the original Night of the Living Dead as if it took place today. But the movie is a narrative from survivors through handheld footage. The reviews from the premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival are ACTUALLY saying that it's a great movie AND SCARY! I can't wait to see this bad boy.

The Weinstein Co. picked it up for distribution. There's no release date yet that I know of, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Secondly 28 Weeks Later just came out on DVD. IGN gave it an 8. Said it's a worthwile DVD for sure. I'll have to ask for that for X-Mas.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
zombie movies own

cant wait for 28 months later
Old 09-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy S14 View Post
zombie movies own

cant wait for 28 months later
Doesn't that sound like it's about a baby? Zombie newborns are the worst...though I don't think we've seen them.

I wanna find some info on that other Zombie movie coming out...that's based on that book. WWZ I think it's called.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
i should burn you these german zombie movies I have.

they are tits
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Ill be needing copies. Id make a movie of zombie pirates attacking cruise ships and spreading across the nations from the seas.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Zombie-Ninja movie! Someone make this happen, lol.
Love the original 'Night of the Living Dead' and 'Sean of the Dead'.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I would LOVE TO film a Zombie movie or even write one. I constantly think of different scenario's to start a film off. I think the move "everyday" you make it, the scary it is. That's why I don't like the Resident Evil movie's.

My favorite scenario is: Guy and his wife (I usually think of my wife and I) are at the Doc's office maybe to meet the doc about having a baby or something to that effect. They check in...wait in the lobby...read some magazines...10 min later they call the couple back...sit'em in a room...they joke around with stuff int he room...seems like a hella long time...hear mad noise all of sudden...screams, crashing etc...he peeks out the door into the hall, and all hell has broke loose in the clinic...slams the door shut, locks it...she's like "WTF is going on?!"...dude's like "I don't fuckin know but..." BAM!...Something pounding on the door...they escape the room through the ceiling tile...

That's a good start I think. IMO.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #8
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
28 Weeks Later?! You missed it in the theatre???? How dare you call yourself a zombie fan.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
28 Weeks Later?! You missed it in the theatre???? How dare you call yourself a zombie fan.
Who said they missed it in the theater? I seen it the first day...
Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

yea me too

liked it more than the first one.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ive never been a huge zombie movie fan...although I practically shit my pants watching shaun of the dead, I loved that movie. Also loved hot fuzz too, but thats a different topic.

Personally Im not a big fan of gore in movies, something like shaun of the dead where its made out to be comedic is fine. Ive seen some gruesome shit in my life and I really dont like to recall it.
Dirty Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean$13 View Post
Ive never been a huge zombie movie fan...although I practically shit my pants watching shaun of the dead, I loved that movie. Also loved hot fuzz too, but thats a different topic.

Personally Im not a big fan of gore in movies, something like shaun of the dead where its made out to be comedic is fine. Ive seen some gruesome shit in my life and I really dont like to recall it.
Well this thread is not for you...thanks for sharing.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Army of Darkness

/thread
Old 09-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #14
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
man, are you people having dreams about zombies?

ive been having some crazy zombies dreams. it always starts me having to protect someone but, they dont cooperate and they end up dead or infected. i always end up frustrated when i wake up.

also whats up with my dreams... having no weapons, i have to usually run and hide or fight bared handed. its messed up.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
man, are you people having dreams about zombies?

ive been having some crazy zombies dreams. it always starts me having to protect someone but, they dont cooperate and they end up dead or infected. i always end up frustrated when i wake up.

also whats up with my dreams... having no weapons, i have to usually run and hide or fight bared handed. its messed up.
Dude, I CONSTANTLY have zombie dreams. I love'em. They are usually upbeat and I'm bustin heads and narrowly escaping.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Planet Terror from Grindhouse was probably the last Zombiesque movie I dug. Did anybody see Fido? Was kinda interested in that one but it didn't really open wide.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #17
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Planet Terror from Grindhouse was probably the last Zombiesque movie I dug. Did anybody see Fido? Was kinda interested in that one but it didn't really open wide.
I as wondering how Planet Terror was. I'll have to rent that one before buying it. It looked a little over the top.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #18
ManoNegra

I loved Grindhouse - so over the top, violent, gory and awesome. You'll be bummed you didn't see it in the theater.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #19
Mr.S14
Zilvia Junkie

Mr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mr.S14
I heard, but check it out for yourselfs that Broken lizard(Super troopers, Beer Fest & Club Dread) was making a zombie flick, yes those same wacky guys are making a serious zombie flick, means it would slide under horror, not comedy, can someone boost up my rep for this find?
but i know for sure, super troopers 2 is announced!!! woah!
Mr.S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #20
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
world war Z is one of the best books ive read when it comes to zombies and whatnot...also, how to survive a zombie uprising is awesome as well!!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #21
Mr.S14
Zilvia Junkie

Mr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really niceMr.S14 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mr.S14
i read the first few chapter on the zombie survival guide, it was kinda boring me
Mr.S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #22
MrMcgarrett
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (313)
MrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 313 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrMcgarrett
Here are some behind the scene clips of Diary of the Dead:
[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14373 13431[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQD4SQzNTiA[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-CnJfnU00[/ame]
MrMcgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #23
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
No zombies in my city.
I saw to that personally

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #24
614duece40
Zilvia Member

614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough
damn, can't wait to see that.
614duece40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #25
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
this month's game informer had info and screenshots for Resident Evil 5...IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #26
Antihero983
Post Whore!

zombies are kool, except when you get surrounded...in that case...

Old 09-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #27
buku_points
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
buku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
you guys should check out this international film called "versus" i saw it about 4 years ago and recently purchased the directors cut about a month ago has zombie's lots of killings and even a special apperance buy a subaru svx
buku_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:36 AM   #28
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Has anyone seen Undead?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Undead-Felicity-Mason-II/dp/B000ARFPPI[/ame]

I read a review yesterday that was extremely positive. I think I'm gonna pick this and Monster Squad SE 20th Ann. DVD from Amazon next week.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #29
s13silvia03
Zilvia Addict

Location: PA.....I always thought that dogs...umm...layed eggs, and I learned something today
s13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to s13silvia03
Damn, I haven't seen Monster Squad in forever, such a good movie.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia03 View Post
Damn, I haven't seen Monster Squad in forever, such a good movie.
Yea, they don't make movies like that anymore. It had such an awesome plot and the cast is so memorable. "Wolfmans got NARDS!".

They just released the 20th Ann Edition DVD. Now THAT makes me feel old.