Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #31
slidewayz240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
slidewayz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
With respect to history:
That right there is 100% how I got started in drifting. I wanted to do on pavement what I had been doing for years on dirt.
slidewayz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #32
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
That right there is 100% how I got started in drifting. I wanted to do on pavement what I had been doing for years on dirt.
Seriously? You know I forgot all about the dirt rings. I never really been into oval racing besides IRL but yea they do get pretty sideways constantly lol
Old 07-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #33
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
http://www.driftsession.com/index2.htm
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #34
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
No talk of Katsuhiro Ueo?!?!?!?

No talk of Benson Hsu,Nadine Toyoda, JDM Rice, and Slide Squad?
OP is some white kid from Ohio. You think he's going to know anything outside what he found in a google search?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #35
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ojNcKiKyco
Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #36
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
OP is some white kid from Ohio. You think he's going to know anything outside what he found in a google search?
Yeah this kid cracks me up. Talking about the good ol days when he got his car four months ago and found zilvia at the same time.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #37
HORShi
Zilvia Member

At a local event here, this guy name Cody Grim from Cincy has a sick 2JZ setup. Before he had a nice SR20 setup, but I definitely like his new setup better. Love the sound of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=g7flQRjAQeg&list=UUG3_flURRSdKBWiIxdX1BVw
Old 07-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #38
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
HORShi, just because you can make a thread, doesn't mean you should. Chill, friend.
I actually appreciate this shit, you should chill.

Thanks Horshi for bringing the nostalgia, good info to to the top.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #39
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilovelsdx View Post
Yeah this kid cracks me up. Talking about the good ol days when he got his car four months ago and found zilvia at the same time.
The only reasoning why I'm even making a comment to xilovelsdx and Touge Noob, is let me clarify some things. Your right, I have been "into" drifting for 3 years (no experience to the guys who going on mid-late 20's into 30s), just picked up my 1st 240sx approx 4 months ago (came from the VW/Audi/German manufactures world) and been observing Zilvia for about 2 years because of the helpful technical information that I would definitely need to use when the time come for me to buy my first 240sx. So I have see much of the bullshit, flaming, cool things and etc that goes on here.

I talk about the old days, simply because I WISH that I would have got to experience that point of time of the car culture. I never lived nor experience the "good ole times"...i'm only 20. I don't know nothing about those days, except (as you mention Touge Noob, thank you bud) what I found on Google Search, Youtube and of course...the wonderful Zilvia and other import forums.

The whole purpose of this thread was basically to see, learn (including myself), post cool drift history and talk about things specifically to drifting. I like drifting plain and simple (Next my love of F1). Hence the entire intro thing I posted to start this thread. Trying to learn about it more, trying to appreciate it more. Most guys my age, won't take the time nor lengths to go this far. Most want to do things other do, most don't take their time to learn stuff the right way and insist on doing it the quick and easy way. I don't, I like to learn history, facts, origins and all. I value appreciation and presence.

Btw Touge Noob, I'm not white nor from Ohio, I happen to reside here because of college. Maybe if you did just a *little* bit more research, you would had found that out.

If you have some information or input regarding drifting, please provide it. If I mislead, or post wrong information regarding anything in this thread...definitely correct me. I don't know everything nor claim that I do. I'm highly sure there is a shit ton of info, that I don't even know about, case in point, the reason for me starting this thread. If one haves a deeper problem at hand, it's okay. The proper solution is to take a deep breath, save yourself the need to comment and click the "x" that's located in the upper right corner of your browser. 100% curable.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #40
HORShi
Zilvia Member

To get back on topic:

Does anyone have any kind of media of Team Marrionette?

TMW post and just research from history, says "Team Marrionette is one the greatest street drift team ever". But I can't find nothing on them.

If that's one of their cars, their styling is awesome. What made them so great?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #41
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
No talk of Katsuhiro Ueo?!?!?!?

No talk of Benson Hsu,Nadine Toyoda, JDM Rice, and Slide Squad?
I second this. Ueo was my first D1 crush.

Benson (sileighty mania) and Nadine, JDM Rice, Slide Squad (esp. Dave Scholz's s30) were the dudes that first started to kill it in the US for me.

I have a picture of me that Brian (Pink Godzira) took from 2003 because I happened to be in front of him when he was taking a picture of Koguchi doing a burnout. We realized it like ten years later in a thread similar to this. It was a small scene back in the day. Drifter X, Chunky Bai, Koguchi, were all going nuts within inches of spectators. Back then they just had one K rail between the cars and the spectators. so rad.

These videos changed my life.

Also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0XaXrIAP8

I've probably watch these videos a thousand times each…

It's good to reminisce
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #42
Fuze Freeway

Trader Rating: (0)
Fuze Freeway is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TMW,

You forgot CLUB LOOSE and the BLOODMASTERS in that list of drift teams...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlsj5gSghM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSakvx3J2E
Fuze Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #43
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
back when the more built drift cars wheren't made with china parts, but exotic brand name parts lol, and everyone knew this. you either rocked stock or purchased legit parts
Old 08-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #44
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Worst drifting ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBh7X4CTaPU
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #45
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
In for nostalgia
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #46
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
drifting nostalgia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0q0iow8utA
Old 09-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #47
Rubberjohnny

Trader Rating: (0)
Rubberjohnny is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice........
Rubberjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #48
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
With respect to history:
Quote:
TMW,

You forgot CLUB LOOSE and the BLOODMASTERS in that list of drift teams...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlsj5gSghM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSakvx3J2E
this thread went to shit fast. can we get back to posting cool, old and rad pictures and videos. not missile car "teams" and dirt track stuff that has nothing to do with how drifting started or the history of it.
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #49
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
this got posted by LockOn! already. I love this video so much. The wheels don't even match left to right. so awesome.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #50
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yasuyuki kazama was, in my honest opinion, one of the first real stars of drifting and the guy who i searched up the most on youtube and when i first started getting into it - besides nomuken (who was the next real star/crowd favorite after kazama) and tsuchiya. he had so much skill, more so than alot of the competition back then if you really watched him drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JrGEnQPjKA

lulz when pro drivers did shit like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ECEM86C4g
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #51
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI8lwdASD2k

Remember when under powered cars were allowed NOT to drive during certain sections?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #52
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

/\/\/\ I love how you can see the carbon fiber doors bending open during the high speed drifts
Old 09-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #53
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
I second this. Ueo was my first D1 crush.

Benson (sileighty mania) and Nadine, JDM Rice, Slide Squad (esp. Dave Scholz's s30) were the dudes that first started to kill it in the US for me.

I have a picture of me that Brian (Pink Godzira) took from 2003 because I happened to be in front of him when he was taking a picture of Koguchi doing a burnout. We realized it like ten years later in a thread similar to this. It was a small scene back in the day. Drifter X, Chunky Bai, Koguchi, were all going nuts within inches of spectators. Back then they just had one K rail between the cars and the spectators. so rad.
My first exposure in person was getting to watch Team Orange at NOPI Nationals when I was in high school...and there wasn't even a k-rail. Just cones.

Funny thing was, this was when almost everyone on the East Coast was still into Hondas and they were just starting to realize what could be done with the 240SX. That in mind, Team Orange did their demos on both days, and the first morning demo on Saturday maybe had 15 or 20 people (I was one) watching because it was outside of the speedway in a parking lot. Tony Shultz was the only other driver and this was years before he got sponsored and was running in Formula D...back when his car was black on Z32 wheels.

I filmed all of this stuff on my dad's camcorder, and I've got the tapes floating around somewhere.

Screenshot from said video...proof of the low quality/old feel, haha.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #54
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
My first exposure in person was getting to watch Team Orange at NOPI Nationals when I was in high school...and there wasn't even a k-rail. Just cones.

Funny thing was, this was when almost everyone on the East Coast was still into Hondas and they were just starting to realize what could be done with the 240SX. That in mind, Team Orange did their demos on both days, and the first morning demo on Saturday maybe had 15 or 20 people (I was one) watching because it was outside of the speedway in a parking lot. Tony Shultz was the only other driver and this was years before he got sponsored and was running in Formula D...back when his car was black on Z32 wheels.

I filmed all of this stuff on my dad's camcorder, and I've got the tapes floating around somewhere.

Screenshot from said video...proof of the low quality/old feel, haha.

very cool. Team Orange was rad.