Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
S1408

Trader Rating: (0)
S1408 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to zilvia.net and 240's!

Hi everyone on zilvia!! I'm new to zilvia and the whole car scene. Just turned 17 yesterday and I'm getting my permit in november. I currently own a totally stock zenki s14 now (thanks to my dad) and I'm new to the whole car scene. This is probably gonna be a long shot but I was just wondering if anyone would dedicate their time to teaching me literally every little thing about 240's. I know the basics of 240's, like swapping and stuff.. I just wanted to get in depth of every little aspect of the car, like what a blow off valve does and what a down pipe is and what it does and how a turbo works, basically a person that could answer any question that I desire to ask. I feel like I shouldn't be driving a 240 and know nothing of it and what I could do to it. Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ohh god... I suggest you ask for this thread to be locked and begin searching through the tech section on here. Between google and the search bar on here you will find the answer to literally any question you have about this car. And welcome.

PS a BOV vents excess pressure from a turbo when you let off the gas, a downpipe connects the back of your turbo/exhaust manifold to your exhaust and a turbo uses exhaust gasses to spin a turbine and compress fresh air.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
HowStuffWorks "How Turbochargers Work"
Google works wonders

Also this belongs here.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/96924-if-yo...-pictures.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back in my day. . .
Old 10-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Oh fuck...dont you ever make another thread and you are permanently only allowed to post here until you turn 21:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-...w-threads.html

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post