Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
bossin240

Trader Rating: (0)
bossin240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FWD new to RWD SCENE.

New to this forum. Not new to the forums. I have a 2005 SRT4 its daily driven. I just bought a house and I'm going to be looking into buying something special for myself next year to tag to my collection of streetable unicorns. I'm sure like in the SRT4 world there are the guys who buy and sell the 'special' cars the ones that were never abused and well maintained. I'm reaching out to the group of 240 owners to ask if such a handfull of 240's exist. The 'exotic' ones the 2JZ that has been passed around or the rb25det big turbo that was well maintained to be pretty not extravagant. I'll have around 10k next year to buy one of these such cars to continue to take good quality care of and 'babysit' for the next guy. Minus the new tread on tires it'll remain how it is. I'm in Maryland. It'll be stored indoors during snowstorms and such but otherwise weekend driven and cruised plus an occasional drag strip showing. Just feeling around. I'm not dedicating myself to any buys or such. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Stick to your Silly Ricer Toy
Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
What? Come back in a year when you have $10k to over spend on someone else's failed project.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
lol welcome to Zilvia and I hope you brought lube
Old 06-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
omg didn't someone else start almost an identical thread the other day?

: lockd::l ockd:
Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
bossin240

Nice i expected the idiots to chime in but serious enthusiast know I'm serious. Keep going cool guys try to BURN me. Your only impressing your online high 5er's. jdizzy im sure youve seen the best and worst come through. When i do have the 10k saved up as ive just spent my savings buying a house. Ill pick something up guys. Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of your life to respond to my harmless post.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossin240 View Post
Nice i expected the idiots to chime in but serious enthusiast know I'm serious. Keep going cool guys try to BURN me. Your only impressing your online high 5er's. jdizzy im sure youve seen the best and worst come through. When i do have the 10k saved up as ive just spent my savings buying a house. Ill pick something up guys. Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of your life to respond to my harmless post.
why not look into a mostly stock 240 and mod it the way you'd want it to be? the whole reason i loved my mint 1996 240sx LE was because it was STOCK! and i mean it still had the front bra, carpets, full interior with EVERYTHING WORKING, clean title, and oem fogs....this allowed me to go in any direction i wanted to with my car.... why would you want to buy a car and call it your ''toy'' if all the work was done by someone else. it feels so good to look at my car and know that all my oil changes, mods and parts were installed by myself or a very trusted shop because i know i put in the time to make it that way. just saying... but hey its your 10k bro
my 240 broke down..again
Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
I know you're serious.

I also know you're seriously lame.

You're referring to a car as a "unicorn", this isn't gone in 60 seconds.
You're trying to buy someone else's failed project.
You're looking for that magical land where all the clean 240's are hidden away.
You want an "exotic" 240sx.
You own an SRT4.

All of those factors definitely point to LAME. The bottom line is that there aren't people that hoard clean 240's waiting for someone like you to post a thread about it. If you want a clean 240, you're going to have to work for it. NOBODY is going to hand one to you. Starting lame ass threads is a one way ticket to flame land, which is where you are currently. Don't get all bitchy about it, you did it to yourself. Since you just bought a house I'm assuming you're an adult. Act like one. Don't ask for handouts. Do your OWN research and put in your OWN work.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I know you're serious.

I also know you're seriously lame.

You're referring to a car as a "unicorn", this isn't gone in 60 seconds.
You're trying to buy someone else's failed project.
You're looking for that magical land where all the clean 240's are hidden away.
You want an "exotic" 240sx.
You own an SRT4.

All of those factors definitely point to LAME. The bottom line is that there aren't people that hoard clean 240's waiting for someone like you to post a thread about it. If you want a clean 240, you're going to have to work for it. NOBODY is going to hand one to you. Starting lame ass threads is a one way ticket to flame land, which is where you are currently. Don't get all bitchy about it, you did it to yourself. Since you just bought a house I'm assuming you're an adult. Act like one. Don't ask for handouts. Do your OWN research and put in your OWN work.
i also highly agree with this
my 240 broke down..again
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
206sx
Leaky Injector

206sx is an unknown quantity at this point
unicorn???
Old 06-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
bossin240

Obviously since i e seen an R32 and an ls1 both beautiful fucking cars to on for sale in the last month there's obviously a market for people wanting to sell their baby's. and since theres obviously people that have put their blood sweat and tears into a car that theyre willing to part ways with in hopes that the next guy will both appreciate and take care of their spoils is the pretty persuasive reason for me to ask my initial question. Jackasses. I did my own research. I found a car worth having and did what i wanted to do to my car the right way the first time. Do t give me this news shit. Stop actin like your the first person to shit out a car worth having. This isn't gone in 60 seconds but the reason adults put the into their cars is to part ways with them when the time is right to the right fucking person. You do t build a car to travel the past 1/4 mile to the pearly gates. I started asking questions before i was ready to commit. Its called research for a reason.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
Lunghz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Lunghz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
should use that 10k to purchase this: http://2.imimg.com/data2/DW/PN/MY-10...it-250x250.jpg
Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
240s are a bad time...

They're put together pretty badly, and people mod them using cheap parts to beat into the ground, or good parts to sit on until they're totaled/parted out.

You generally don't find nice and trouble free 240s. If you do, be prepared to spend more than they're worth and not get your money back out of it.

At any rate. Welcome to Zilvia. Enjoy the Local Character.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
wuddup
Zilvia Member

wuddup is an unknown quantity at this point
"It's called research for a reason". Then go do it. You're asking for a handout, go search threads or for sale section for your "unicorn". Wtf do you expect to get out of this thread? If you're not new to forums then you would know already that this thread is pointless.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
bossin240

Thanks super lack appreciate your input. Wuddup. Go back to high school punk no body of Ed a flying fuck about your beat ass 89 rusted up 240 or your lame ass opinion.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
bossin240

Ill be back next year with money in hand to pick up something worth having since the people on here build the baddest car under the sun to keep as a daily driven super project they keep on the road 24/7. See the reputable guys in a bit. Ill find exactly what im looking for this was an inquary to what someone might be interested in selling. Not a 240 over night class. I have a pretty badass neon. Cheap cars are cheap cars but there are cheap cars worth having that circulate around. Have ty tying to flame your 18 year old butt buddy guys. Good luck with your klunkers dick wads.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
Lunghz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Lunghz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Ill be back next year with money in hand to pick up something worth having since the people on here build the baddest car under the sun to keep as a daily driven super project they keep on the road 24/7. See the reputable guys in a bit. Ill find exactly what im looking for this was an inquary to what someone might be interested in selling. Not a 240 over night class. I have a pretty badass neon. Cheap cars are cheap cars but there are cheap cars worth having that circulate around. Have ty tying to flame your 18 year old butt buddy guys. Good luck with your klunkers dick wads.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
damn your a dick

if you want advice don't go telling everyone who offers to fuck themselves
but if you did search around you can find threads that ask the exact same thing
Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I have a pretty badass neon.
Those words should never be used in the same sentence. Thanks for the sig!

Seriously though, I have a clean 240 I'll sell you for 10K and I'm local
Old 06-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #20
wuddup
Zilvia Member

wuddup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks super lack appreciate your input. Wuddup. Go back to high school punk no body of Ed a flying fuck about your beat ass 89 rusted up 240 or your lame ass opinion.
Lol bro you mad? You are the one in need of schooling. Do you speak proper English? I gave you proper advice to search the for sale section to search for your "unicorn". If anyone DID happen to have one I doubt they would sell it to someone like you, who would probably get mad at the first problem that comes and give up because you don't know how to properly research. And if you did know how to use a forum you would know I have posted pics of my ride and it is far from rusted lol. Nobody gives a flying fuck about your attitude and your SRT4. Bought and not built lol go back to your fantasy land. Again this thread is pointless, can you give one reason for the purpose of this thread? Someone going to message you in one year and sell their precious to some nerd-raging *SNIP*?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
EthanR
Zilvia Member

EthanR is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to EthanR
Let me try to help you without trying to sound like a dick. Though I will say this thread is beyond ridiculous to begin with.

First, basically everyone above me is correct. You can't just expect the car of your dreams to fall into your lap, you either have to build it yourself or spend WAY more than 10k to find an "exotic" swapped 240 that has a chassis that could pass off as new, which is basically what you're looking for.

Even with cars priced at 10k, they are generally run into the ground, or built with cheap parts. People build these cars with the SPECIFIC reason to abuse the shit out of them. You have to remember that, and let me say it again to you understand - people build these cars with the specific reason to best the shit out of them.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but that's the sad truth.

Plus, why would you say you'll have 10k in a YEAR to spend? C'mon guy, no person is going to hold their immaculate swapped 240 for a year to let you buy it. Also, there is no secret warehouse that holds perfect 240s in your price range, it doesn't exist. Promise.

So come back in a year when you have the money, get on the cars for sale thread and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

Best of luck, and god speed.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #22
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
See you next year?