Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
jdmnissanfan

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmnissanfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 the "i blew my KA" build thread

hey guys, my name is Charlie and im from Tampa, ever since I was like 3 I have been into cars. as I got older I got into jdm cars, and started to save up for a car at around age 14. I saved for a few years and didn't spend a penny. after saving for about 2 years I had a decent amount of money saved! so I started the search, and after about a month of searching, I found a car that caught my attention. it was a 1995 Nissan s14.5 that was pretty clean, it had the stock KA in it with an aftermarket intake, and some no name exhaust on it!

it was a great car, and I loved to drive it! but like all good tings I have, I always manage to fuck them up. I started doing some drifting and stupid shit like burnouts in an empty part of my neighborhood.

the problem was, that I was hitting the rev limiter all the time. On top of doing this, I had very little oil in the car! so naturally the car developed a pretty nasty case of rod knock! so the next step was to pull the engine out

so my brother and a few other buddies of mine pulled the engine out!

money was a big issue in this situation, because I don't have the money to do an sr or rb swap right now, and I don't want to buy another KA, just to have the same problem. so I asked around and got some opinions from some people, and a lot of them suggested to rebuild it. and after doing some research on rebuilding it, I decided that was the rout I am going to take!

so at this point I have the whole engine apart and only a few bearings are bad. im ordering the rebuild kit some time this week hopefully!
stay tuned for updates!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-12-22 13.58.27.jpg (153.2 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by jdmnissanfan; 01-20-2016 at 07:09 PM..
jdmnissanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Your attachments aren't working for me
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
jdmnissanfan