Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #61
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Haha neat. Thanks for the links. Hopefully we can learn something from them. I was just questioning your logic on saying fast cars don't have A/C. Just sounds like 16 yr old Honda fanboi logic. You didn't mention your s14 was a track car (or anything about your car?). This is Toby's thread, a thread about a street car. Street cars of this caliber have both power and comfort.
I guess your right on the part of his car being a comfortable car but 90% of the ls 240s are not daily car per say lol. I drive my car on the streets but its not my main car so i opted not to lose hp and weight with ac.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #62
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Hey jackass I have a lsx s14 I know what im talking about dumb fuck, but hey guess what its my track car not my daily to pick up your mom in. If you want to know how to run ac all u need to do is run a custom ac hose just like you would do with any swap. Then u need to get it wired in which is rather easy but opted not to run it but if u like so on silviav8forums.com and look up the threads that twistedsymphony has written on wiring it in to your car. Heres some useful links S14 Harness Identification and key pinouts - 240sxONE Forums
silviav8forums.com :: Log in

What is this 5th grade? In that case someone needs a chill pill. Back to the topic that is Toby's build without the adolescent insults.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #63
Killa_D
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
Killa_D can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
am i missing something where is the build thread lol ????????????
Killa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #64
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
HouseElf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im siked for this! good luck man
Old 12-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #65
1CLNS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (44)
1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
clean clean clean!!!!!

Daily Driven
1CLNS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #66
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I've been a huge fan of your car ever since I first saw. OEM Aero is going to be amazing on this car and I'm sure the work will be top notch all around.

I have to agree with Teddy and a few others, I'm not a fan of LS swaps your SR set up was great.
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #67
slideways90
Leaky Injector

slideways90 is an unknown quantity at this point
weigh your car before you take out the sr then weigh it after and prove everyone wrong please. looking forward to the build
slideways90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #68
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ok, Toby proceed with build.
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #69
Crazyirish

Crazyirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever anyone thinks of v8s in a 240, I think its likely no one has seen a swap done to Broadfield's standards. When he's done, everyone will be damn impressed.
Crazyirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #70
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I dont think anyone is realizing that he is swapping a fucking LS3!! That motor just came out and is super expensive. Im am really excited about this. It gives me inspiration to build my LS1 swapped s14 top notch.

Toby Broadfield, you are an sent from above.
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #71
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Stoked to see this complete, did the SR setup have a.c?

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #72
Teddy
Post Whore!

Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post

As for those who are traditionalist, lets get real. We live in the USA. The SR is a motor swap for us. If you want traditional, keep the KA. Otherwise everything is a swap, and in that case, anything is fair game.
Are you retarded? No offense, just wondering.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #73
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_dreams View Post
Stoked to see this complete, did the SR setup have a.c?
The SR had R134 AC and PS
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #74
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fuck sakes.
3 pages, and only ONE post from Broadfield.

Zilvia fail.

Keep your damn mouths shut until the build is complete.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #75
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Jesus, I'm gone for one day and this thread is blowing up. I knew I couldn't leave you guys home alone.

I'll be answering a lot of the questions asked, I just need to finish my reply to about 20 quotes.

For what it's worth, I don't want everyone to agree with what I'm doing. I just want people to appreciate the final product and the work that went into it. So Teddy, keep on thinking how you think man... I like hearing everyone's opinions!

Keep the reply's and bickering coming... it makes for a fun thread as long as it doesn't get out of control.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #76
stockbee
Zilvia Member

stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
I only know one thing. If I'd have posted up that I was going to put a v8 in my car, the thread would've been closed in a heartbeat. Somehow because this car is cleaner than mine and the guy is well known, it's allowed to stay open and get three pages (and who knows how more) before it gets closed.

What should've happened. For sale thread for original posters motor, then once some parts and actual build are going on, by all means start a build thread.

Really now zilvia, let's abide by the rules that you all created in the first place.....come on now.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #77
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbee View Post
I only know one thing. If I'd have posted up that I was going to put a v8 in my car, the thread would've been closed in a heartbeat. Somehow because this car is cleaner than mine and the guy is well known, it's allowed to stay open and get three pages (and who knows how more) before it gets closed.

What should've happened. For sale thread for original posters motor, then once some parts and actual build are going on, by all means start a build thread.

Really now zilvia, let's abide by the rules that you all created in the first place.....come on now.
Yeah, I really don't get the whole build thread rules on this site. It doesn't appear that they are enforced considering the amount of partial build threads on the first page of "Chat". I really don't get what the issue is. If someone doesn't like it, then don't view the thread. It is my understanding that the rules were made to keep members from starting a build thread then running out of steam and patience 3 weeks later. I can assure you neither of those will happen with me. Besides, my build will never come to an end... I will always be changing something. If they close it, then I will simply collect all of the pictures I have from the last 3 years and post a massive build thread of the crap that everyone has already seen. Then I will post the LS3 swap as a continuation of my previous builds. Either way this will get posted. I feel it's much more informative and fun to see it as it happens and get feedback from others. Especially if someone knows more than me and they see me do something that is ill-advised... they can give me a pointer in real time.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #78
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hey i was wondering if you could price out the ls3 engine and trans when you start the build, curious to see how much those run. Always a fan of your work.

And teddy, jealousy is a biatch.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #79
Teddy
Post Whore!

Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
EL OH muthafuckin EL.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #80
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
People dont seem to understand that nobody is questioning whether this build is gonna be sick or not, we all no with Broadfield's expectations this car is going to be even more epic then it already is. Some ppl love v8's while others love SR's it is what it is. Tired of reading through this thread and every other quote is that us SR guys think this swap is gonna suck because its an LS3. Its different but again we all know its gonna be a sick ass build
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 PM   #81
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Man... You should record a video of a burnout with the SR before you swap it out. One of the cleanest, meanest cars around, and my life would not feel complete if I didn't see putting some power down, and beating the shit out of some asphalt.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #82
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Man... You should record a video of a burnout with the SR before you swap it out. One of the cleanest, meanest cars around, and my life would not feel complete if I didn't see putting some power down, and beating the shit out of some asphalt.
Too late for that. It's 3 degrees here as I type this and the roads are absolutely caked with salt, snow, ice and whatever else you can think of for the next 3-4 months. Good idea though

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #83
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #84
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Pics of the aero bumper that I received on Thursday. I must say, it's one of the best condition ones that I have seen go up for sale. The kicker is that it's also the cheapest that I have ever seen for sale... and in the last 3-4 years that I have been looking, I have seen about 20 or so. I also have the Silvia skirts and rear valances sourced... just waiting on a shipping quote. I want to give a shout out to kouki-gymkhana on here. He gave me the mad hook-up on this bumper. Even contacted me first, before he posted it for sale, to see if I wanted it. Thanks again!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #85
[email protected]
Advertiser

Trader Rating: (87)
Mogli@9KRacing.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mogli@9KRacing.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Hey i was wondering if you could price out the ls3 engine and trans when you start the build, curious to see how much those run. Always a fan of your work.

If your ever say that again Teddy and I will not go to your house and do nothing to you.

carry on with the v8 build, you have extreme attention to detail and its AWESOME!

Contact 9K racing for any of your tuning or modifying needs.
Mogli@9KRacing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #86
rcollins

rcollins is an unknown quantity at this point
whats up toby. Havent seen you since the bbq. The 300 is being traded for an s13 coupe next week. So youll be getting pms/emails/phone calls once i start digging into the car. I wish i had some cash for your full swap though would be amazing to buy the car and put that heart of gold into it. We will have to see.
rcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #87
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like what you have going on over there. I am not a big fan of the V8 Swap, but my reasons are simple, I am a closed minded JDM fan boi. Just Kidding. I actually don't know enough about V8's to judge either way on a V8 engine selection.

I am looking forward to it though, your attention to detail makes your projects no matter how small, very nice and worth a look.
CursedGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #88
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Phew, I was worried when I saw "aero" on the thread title, lol.

And dude, if you really wanna do something awesome, through an Audi 4.8 in this car, that would be extra dope.
NismoTuner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #89
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
that areo bumper is nice but... you're car wants VERTEX.

^______^
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #90
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbee View Post

If Toby really wanted to, and needed to conform to the rules, he could post a picture of the car when he got it, say "I did some stuff to it and built it," and post the pictures of it in Modified magazine- thus creating a complete build thread. THEN he could post about the LS swap plans, and everything would be just peachy. Maybe that's why they didn't care?

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote