Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
Paulfir

Trader Rating: (0)
Paulfir is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My "Ill keep it street" Build....

Sup guys !
My name is Paul and i'm from Quebec. I'm a french so don't worry if sometimes I make some little mistakes. I've been on zilvia for a while, watching build and stuff and i think is time to show you my Financial Mistake that started from a street build to a Formula Drift spec car.
The build started in 2013 so sorry for the bad picture quality because I need to find the old picture on my cell phone.

How she currently sit

All my picture is on my Instagram : @pvfracing96
And make sure to like our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-...00574660185696

My life pretty much changed when I've bought my first S-Chassis (1996 240sx) in 2013 from a buddy and the car was in excellent shape.

This is how she was sitting when I bought it

Pretty much the same week i got it my wallet was starting to be lighter...
We did a little maintenance on the car and then the parts were already starting to knock at the doors.

NRG Quick release and Nardi Steering wheel

Next was my Bride Carbon Low max seat

The interior of the car was the only thing that was realy bothering me so I've put a little time to make it clean by changin the carpet, seat, streering and a couple of other stuff. This is how the interior were before.

This is the new carpet with the old one.

And the new carpet installed with the new steering and quick release

Once the interior was finished, the engine bay needed a little cleanup

Before

And after

I've take the time to wash the exterior and change the tires

And new tire need some test to make sure they are safe lol

A couple weeks later the stock turbo said the has enough so I've bought a Garrett GT28 for a good price

At the same moment we took the time to change the seat mount for better one

Made a road test

New Synapse blow off valve and a little clean up

We made a custom shotgun exhaust and put some new Stance SS+ Coilovers

At the end of the summer we said "Hey, why we don't go to a Drift Day instead of getting the police in our ass all the time". So we borrow an enclosed trailer to a friend, take a shitload of tire and hit the road !

To make a short story of the Drift Day, we were a Montmagny Race Track and the car didn't have enough power to take the banking easily until I have to give him a little push by taking the turn in 3rd gear full throttle and bashing the clutch pedal... BUT! I was able to drift and have fun like a kid in a McDonald parc for around 1 hour before the clutch had enough
This is the only picture i have from the DriftDay...

It was the autumn 2013 and I began to go full retard by taking a clean ass 240sx and build a race car.

Next Post its how it came from this

To that (2014)

And in 2015

We are currently working on the 2016 build and we will keep you up !

Thanks
Paul.

Last edited by Paulfir; 12-08-2015 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: To show people how the car is currently at the start of the thread
Paulfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
Paulfir

Update #1

UPDATE #1

So this is the build for summer 2014.
First of all I will update this thread daily until I reach the up to date build and sorry for the old crappy cellphone picture.
Before we started the build I was wondering witch powerplan I was going to use, keep the Sr20det and build it, go with a big ass v8, 1jz or a 2jz. After a couple days thinking about it, I said F*** it and bought a 2JZ
First step was to put the Sr20 out and sell it

The motor was gone and the complete tear down was starting

Took a funny picture of an oil drain plug

Now the car was pretty much naked and it was time to remove the sound deadening with dry ice, but first why not go outside and put yourself in a bad situation

Okay, back to the build, the sound deadening was removed and the subframe was removed too

Now it was time to start the fab work
First, we stitch welded all the interior and after that we started the cage

Main hoop almost done

The cage is starting to take place in the car

I took an old seat to take the perfect measurement of the angle of the seat belt and door bar

After a couple days doing fabrication the new 2Jayz came to my door

Cage almost finished

Cut the front end to take the measurement for the new tubing front end

The x-brace and shock tower bar is done and instaled

Now the cage is pretty much done and its time to make the new front end and prepare everything for the paint

Primer is on, time to paint has come !

Now the interior and engine bay look cleaner than ever, so it's a good reason to take a break and go stuck my truck in the mud haha

Part 2 is coming
Thanks
Old 12-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Not tying the A pillar bars together?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #4
lilcim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
lilcim is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hello from Quebec

Sick to see your build as well! 2JZ brothers
Old 12-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
mikidacat

mikidacat is an unknown quantity at this point
You Quebec guys have all the fun
mikidacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #6
Paulfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Not tying the A pillar bars together?
Yes they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcim View Post
Hello from Quebec

Sick to see your build as well! 2JZ brothers
Thanks Cim ! Love your build too ! Maybe we will meet this summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikidacat View Post
You Quebec guys have all the fun
And the lightest wallet haha

Last edited by Paulfir; 12-10-2015 at 07:23 AM..
Old 12-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #7
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
sick ass build!!!
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #8
Paulfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatemy7 View Post
sick ass build!!!
Thanks man ! I'm currently working on the update #2, I will post it in not too long !
Old 12-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #9
Paulfir

Update #2

UPDATE #2

Okay, last time the interior and engine bay was painted and now it's time to prepare the car to be painted. You will also notice that I was keeping the oem body of the Zenki for the first year for financial reason

First, we installed the Aerocatch

Making new doors handle

The subframe was put back on the car, we put new arm and bushing, inspected the bearing and the differential (Its a Nismo 1.5way), paint it and install it back.

Then the new wheels came in so I took the measurement to know how much I needed to pull the rear fender because I didn't have enough money to buy over the fender

I know I know... It look like sh*t but after the body work it's gonna be perfect

The tow truck came to deliver the car to the body shop

Now it's time for the body work! I could describe what they were doing, but the picture will talk themselves.

Are you ready to see the final result

It's a Lexus LFA blue and I was very happy with the result (of course with a shitty cell phone picture)

Next Post Its gonna be finishing the car, receiving my trailer, First track test and a summary of the short 2014 season lol

Thanks
Paul.

Last edited by Paulfir; 12-11-2015 at 06:10 AM..
Old 12-11-2015, 05:45 AM   #10
htc.zenit

htc.zenit is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work!

did you just pull those rear fenders or was there any welding involved?
can't image pulling them out this far :-O
htc.zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:00 AM   #11
Paulfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc.zenit View Post
Nice work!

did you just pull those rear fenders or was there any welding involved?
can't image pulling them out this far :-O
hahaha yeah they were only pulled, it took a long ass night to do it but it's doable :P
Old 12-11-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
FYI that Nardi is a fake.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #13
Paulfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
FYI that Nardi is a fake.
Yeah i didin't know when i bought it but I've bought another one this past summer
Old 12-11-2015, 09:55 AM   #14
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Right on!

Using Tapatalk

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #15
Paulfir

Update #3

UPDATE #3

Sup guys !
Last time the car was paint and now its time to prepare the engine and the car for our first season.

First, we have removed everything we didin't need on the engine to refresh it. Remove the AC, New Water pump, new pulley, new seal, new timing belt, new hoses etc.

One problem that we were having was the transmission mount. It was a R154 from a 1jayz and the support we bought didn't fit, the holes wasn't at the good place, so we managed to build one...

This is what we build, once it was fully welded and painted, this mount looked like brand new and stronger than ever.

The parts were starting to come in. Sadly, I don't have the half of the parts we put in this build in picture...

P.S. Don't buy this in-line filter, not because its a bad brand, it's just very to small..

QuickSilver Manifold

Garrett GT30, Hold on, Hold on.... I know its too small for a 2jz BUT seriously by using this little snail I have almost no lag and because I use Sunoco Race Fuel (116) I was able to have around 500Whp and a little more Wtq and hit full boost before 3000Rpm !

New fuel rail and ID 1000

New seat and mount came in

Turbo oil line and fitting

I have bought a sikky sway bar and I don't have pictures of the sway bar, but look at the difference between the OEM and the Sikky Link Kit

This was probably the biggest part that came in hahaha, 30feet enclosed trailer

Now it's time to put a heart on this car !

The engine is now fully dressed!

The rear wheel fit great with the fender pulled

A shitty pic of the dash pannel

Now the engine bay and wiring is almost ready

And the final result for 2014

Now it was time for one of the most hard and exhaustive weekend of my life hahah. It was time for the dyno and track test. Just to put you in a situation, I live for at least 6 hours of a race track (Quebec City) and 8 hours of the dyno (Montreal)... So a Friday after work we hit the road to go sleep at Quebec city and the same week we have been in the garage for every night to make the car ready , Saturdays morning we were back on the road at 3h30am to be at the dyno for around 8h00am and guest what...we were getting out of the dyno at F***ING 4h30am THE NEXT GOD DAMN DAY !!! So we have been at the dyno for 20h30 straight... The reason it took so long its because we were having all the problem you could imagine...The race fuel was contaminate with another fuel, the spark plus wasn't the good one, the ignition coil wasn't working good and the spring on the wastegate were not the good one... But we managed to tune the car without break any parts and the final number was 520Whp and 530Wtq at 25psi and i can say that is very impressive numbers for a GT30!( I will find the video and picture of the dyno days)
But the weekend is not finished ! at 4h30am we were back on the road to go take a friend a Quebec city and sleep for 2hours because we needed to go back at St-Eustache to test the car at a drift day.( Yes it's a useless 7hours drive ) but we don't let any bro back lol. Now it's Sunday around 3h00pm and its time to do the first track test... My first impression was: Holy F***ing Mother F***ing Cow F**ker this thing is uncontrollable haha ! We have been on the track for around 2hours until a power steering hose broke and we were not able to fix... Its 7.30pm and we put the car back in the trailer and hit the road for a 8 hours drive to go home cause we were working the next day lol... It was a very fun experience but you can imagine how much it was exhausting.
Here some picture of the weekend

Okay now the first round of 2014....What the **** i was doing there haha
no seriously I wasn't ready to be there, it was the second time i was driving the car and at this point the car was still driving me. So to make a short summary, we didn't qualify but it was another day to learn to drive the car...But not a good place to learn lol.
Here's a couple shots from the day

This was the first event of the 2014 season and after this round my wallet was empty so we didn't have the choice to skip a couple rounds and try to learn how to drive the car.

One of my sponsor gave me the access to an old factory to practice and it was a very good thing because this is where I learned how the car was reacting and his limit....
Here's a video of this place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0JigS8HD8&feature=em-upload_owner

And of course you learn your limit....

I hit a post where I was practicing, I don't know the speed I was coming when I hit it, but I was Wide Open in 4th gear so... Luckily the car was fixable, but not without investing money... We have put the car on a frame-master to make sure everything was okay and the fender was pulled back a little but sadly we weren't able to make it to the other round for financial reason.

During the summer we were invited in a car meet, here a couple pictures of this day.

The summer was almost finished and we were able to go to the last event of the year! It's was a very fun experience to been able to drive again, but shortly after the practice it was beginning to rain... And without any experience in the rain we weren't able to qualify.

So this puts an end of the 2014 summer ! It was an extremely fun and exhausting summer, a hard hit on the bank account, but I think it was worth it. We have learned a lot and motivated us for the next year !

I'm currently working on the post of the 2015 build to show it to you.
Thanks
Paul

Last edited by Paulfir; 01-28-2016 at 09:06 AM..
Old 12-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #16
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
What street car?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:17 AM   #17
Paulfir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What street car?
yeah i know...
Old 01-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #18
Paulfir

Update #4

UPDATE #4

Sup guys ! It's been a couple weeks since I updated this thread. In this update i'm going to show you the 2014-2015 winter build who was mostly about improving a couple of things on this car like the over-heating, not enough steering angle and give him another look for 2015. Once again, sorry for the picture quality.

First, we put the car back in the garage and it was time to tear it down.

Once the engine was out it was time to go have fun with the missile.

The first thing on the list was to put the radiator in the trunk to solve our over-heating problem.
First, we build an air box to put the radiator and the fan on it.

Then we put some twin air duct to make the largest amount of air go in the box.

After that, we made holes in the trunk to vent hot air out to keep the radiator the cooler possible.

When we were going to take my new body parts from good shop located in Quebec city I came across this beauty.

Another night in the shop ! It was now time to start the measurement for the new Overfender and start to install all the new body parts. FYI its all "drift quality" body part so it was a pain in the ass to install.

On this picture you can see how much the body of the car was damaged by the old accident, but its only body panel damage, the frame and everything else are straight

Then the Rocket Bunny Ducktail

What's better to come to your home more drunk than ever and see your pickup like this...

We did a little refresh on the engine bay paint and we put the motor back to start our extended LCA and knuckle. I didn't have enough money to buy a best perfect shiny maximum yolo angle kit so we made it custom to improve our steering angle and keeping more money for the season.

First, we cut the LCA to make an extension. I can't remember if it was 25mm or 30mm.

Since we were extending the LCA we thought it was a good idea to reinforce it.

Like nothing happend

And we made some custom tie rod ends

After the first test fit, we made a notch on the LCA to reach a little more angle.

And we were pretty much happy with the result

A little paint job and it was the time for a test drive

The car was running great!
The last thing was to make a new bash bar, finish the body and prepare ourself for the first round

New bash bar finished

The rear body was fitted and we put some new rear control arms

The body was fitted and it was time to prepare the car for the track test and sadly we didn't have the time to wrap the car for the first event...

Once again... I don't have any picture of this day, but I have a video that I will upload tonight. One of the best drivers in Quebec city was very nice to come give me a little training to improve my driving skill.

I will post my season recap in a couple hours !
Thanks !