Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Time for CAPTCHA?

Is there a way to make it a month or so that new members have to enter a captcha?

Old 11-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #2
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Offtopic just got hit hard. 10 at once

Even this section is getting them now lol
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was thinking the need stronger CAPTCHA for registration. Anti bot hidden field that catches the bot before it hits submit is also another one.

There's probably other advanced anti-spam measures like regex filtering (maybe blocking spammy emails or an algo that detects spammy content.)

Zilvia is running on an older version of vBulletin, so perhaps there are existing anti-spam measures that they haven't tried yet.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
May be time to upgrade versions, however 5 is just as vulnerable.

I've been following where VB5 is and as of late most patches out are being overridden by a lot of SQL injection keeping them vulnerable.

I'd say a better form of registration is at least the bare that can be fixed or help what's going on.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Just make me a mod.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I think putting in a 30 day rule before being allowed to post will be good.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
May be time to upgrade versions, however 5 is just as vulnerable.

I've been following where VB5 is and as of late most patches out are being overridden by a lot of SQL injection keeping them vulnerable.

I'd say a better form of registration is at least the bare that can be fixed or help what's going on.
I dunno if you know this... but when VB5 was in planning stages of the alpha, a lot of big wig core developers jumped ship and went over to Vanilla Forums. I've been watching Vanilla Forums for a while... They're open source plugin/theme community has grown a bit in the last 4 years...

vB, IPB, and Vanilla are awesome, phpbb kind of lost steam
Old 11-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #8
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
I dunno if you know this... but when VB5 was in planning stages of the alpha, a lot of big wig core developers jumped ship and went over to Vanilla Forums. I've been watching Vanilla Forums for a while... They're open source plugin/theme community has grown a bit in the last 4 years...

vB, IPB, and Vanilla are awesome, phpbb kind of lost steam
Actually I didn't! I've looked very vaguely into Vanilla. I may dig in and see what it's all about.

I really miss having phpBB boards. They were almost to open sourced though for most people who really wanted to get custom custom. I've since seen them go downhill though, unfortunately.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Actually I didn't! I've looked very vaguely into Vanilla. I may dig in and see what it's all about.

I really miss having phpBB boards. They were almost to open sourced though for most people who really wanted to get custom custom. I've since seen them go downhill though, unfortunately.
Yeah check it out, one of the reasons why I leaned towards Vanilla is because Penny Arcade supports it's development and there's been an active community for supporting mobile / responsive design. Step lightly though, everywhere you look about Vanilla they try to up sell you on hosting (for obvious reasons, they want to make money as well as continue growing the code base). I just like the fact that they give you the option of hosting it yourself or using their expertise.

http://vanillaforums.org/download

Kind of reminds me of WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
Old 11-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #10
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Yeah check it out, one of the reasons why I leaned towards Vanilla is because Penny Arcade supports it's development and there's been an active community for supporting mobile / responsive design. Step lightly though, everywhere you look about Vanilla they try to up sell you on hosting (for obvious reasons, they want to make money as well as continue growing the code base). I just like the fact that they give you the option of hosting it yourself or using their expertise.

http://vanillaforums.org/download

Kind of reminds me of WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
It boggles my mind that most CMS forum based websites are NOT responsive. With, what looks like, a huge percentage of people viewing most websites on their mobile devices it would be stupid not to have a website capable of responsive.

The wordpress.com/org thing was a perfect move for them. They got people who had zero idea on what to do on the hosting side of things and essentially made it easier for that non-tech type of person who, for example, wanted to run a small shop online. It was great for the "basic" type of person who all they had to do was forward their sub-wordpress-domain to their current personal URL. Overall was a win in my books. Not for me obviously, but great for an average non-techsavvy person.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #11
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
95% of off topic is flooded. Im not even gonna try to sort through
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #12
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I don't know what we need to do, but I am feeling this too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvrtswp View Post
I'm tired of all this spam on Zilvia. Every fucking day I get multiple notifications for BULLSHIT SPAM replies in subscribed threads. 2 days in a row for this thread.

If anyone wants to see how this turns out, I'll be on NICO exclusively unless / until Zilvia fixes this fucking mess of a forum.

I won't be back until Captcha is implemented.

Bye!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yep, I agree.

The spam bots have taken over this forum. I dont know why an admin has not chimed in yet, this is pretty odd.

It shouldnt be too hard to fix this issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQb-A0CI2ZI
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:03 AM   #14
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
MODS PLS.

Seriously why the fuck isn't there anything being done?.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #15
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I just saw like 15 THREADS about skin care and other spammy bullshit. Can I be a mod please? Even if it's just spam ops. I'll just ban those members and delete those threads.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:49 AM   #16
Kaomon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (77)
Kaomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I just saw like 15 THREADS about skin care and other spammy bullshit. Can I be a mod please? Even if it's just spam ops. I'll just ban those members and delete those threads.
You have my vote! Plus another marketplace mod wouldn't hurt as this forum is honestly turning for the worst this past year....
Kaomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:43 AM   #17
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
I pressed 'New Post' and 2 of 5 pages were spam threads.
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:54 PM   #18
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
did admins abandon ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:41 PM   #19
theultimatehero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
theultimatehero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What the fuck is going on with this site? Spam is out of hand and the rest of the forums are just running on the notion of rules and regulations. For a forum that was once so healthy and useful, this is shameful. Seems like getting new mods on board is well over due. The only value the board has now is the Marketplace and even that is falling apart rapidly.
theultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:19 AM   #20
GreinTime

GreinTime is an unknown quantity at this point
It's terrible right now... And by right now, I mean within the last 20-30 minutes of posting this. Muscle care, skin care, weight loss...
GreinTime is offline   Reply With Quote