Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #691
PattonXX7

Trader Rating: (0)
PattonXX7 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone know the difference between an LS1 T56 and an LT1 T56? Pros and cons of having a Lt1 T56 compared to the LS1 T56? Thanks
PattonXX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 PM   #692
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonXX7 View Post
Does anyone know the difference between an LS1 T56 and an LT1 T56? Pros and cons of having a Lt1 T56 compared to the LS1 T56? Thanks
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...6-ls1-t56.html

Lots of good stuff here man...

For Chevy stuff honestly LS Tech is superior. For anything S chassis related this is your best bet, that is if you post accordingly
Old 07-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #693
PattonXX7

PattonXX7 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...6-ls1-t56.html

Lots of good stuff here man...

For Chevy stuff honestly LS Tech is superior. For anything S chassis related this is your best bet, that is if you post accordingly
Ok cool thanks man I’ll give them a try👍🏼
PattonXX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:41 AM   #694
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

Benfica7 is an unknown quantity at this point
From my research, there is not a lot of room to play with for the radiator and fan setup. I've seen that the KA replacements are "good enough", but I don't think they have the cooling power as a dual pass. What do you all recommend?

For my setup of clearance, I will be either using a 5.3/6.0 LM7/LQ9 with ls1 power steering pump, camaro water pump, truck alternator & sikky cold air intake.
Benfica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:49 AM   #695
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica7 View Post
From my research, there is not a lot of room to play with for the radiator and fan setup. I've seen that the KA replacements are "good enough", but I don't think they have the cooling power as a dual pass. What do you all recommend?

For my setup of clearance, I will be either using a 5.3/6.0 LM7/LQ9 with ls1 power steering pump, camaro water pump, truck alternator & sikky cold air intake.
I have a KA godspeed rad and it's not cutting the job here in California. I recently just purchased the Chase Bays tucked radiator that's huge, dual pass and allows for more room with bigger fans. What kit are you running? That does matter as well, but from most of the efficient swaps I've seen they either cut the core support to fit a large radiator and fan setup or they have tubular front ends.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #696
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

I will be using sikky motor mounts and LOJ conversions tranny mount. (I am using a 300zx transmission)
Old 11-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #697
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

With sikky I think there should be enough clearance without cutting, id still go with a larger dual pass. But your temps don’t get very warm where you are also.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #698
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

I do plan to go dual pass and fans.

The car has had an LS setup by the previous owner, who parted out and used a KA to then sell for less money. So we shall see what the trans tunnel and front core support look like.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #699
JacksonWh37

JacksonWh37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey,
I didn?t see if there was an answer to this question, can the stock rear end take all this torque? Answer me later plz best convection microwave on mykitchenadvisor.com .
JacksonWh37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:05 PM   #700
gmorrone1214

gmorrone1214 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey all, I have a S14 with a l96 connected to a 370z 6 speed. Does anyone know of a shifter relocation kit to move it to the stock position?
gmorrone1214 is offline   Reply With Quote