Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 AM   #11941
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In the continuing Nissan news, it's really not looking good.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/14/...iroto-saikawa/

I'm curious to see what the strategy to "turn the company around in the next 2-3 years" consists of. Will we see the brand aggressively mve towards an EV future or maybe try to get some of the Nissan sportiness back. If I were a betting man I'd bet on the former. The EV route was already where they plan on taking Infiniti.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:39 AM   #11942
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think it'd be riskier if nissan doesn't restructure and invest on ev's. I also don't think ev's and making something sportier has to be mutually exclusive, even though I can't image that might be a priority for them right away. good luck with any of that restructuring going into the 370z haha

thought it was kinda douchey for the current ceo to scapegoat ghosn. I don't see how blaming someone else could be part of the solution.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:52 AM   #11943
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
In the continuing Nissan news, it's really not looking good.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/14/...iroto-saikawa/

I'm curious to see what the strategy to "turn the company around in the next 2-3 years" consists of. Will we see the brand aggressively mve towards an EV future or maybe try to get some of the Nissan sportiness back. If I were a betting man I'd bet on the former. The EV route was already where they plan on taking Infiniti.

They could get the sportiness back with their current parts line up. Take the vq out of the 370z, drop in a VR30, re-badge it as the 300 Z. HP in the low to mid 400's.

Take the FM platform drop in a KR20DDET
Power output248–268 bhp (251–272 PS; 185–200 kW) @ 5,600RPMsTorque output280 lb⋅ft (380 N⋅m) @1,600 – 4,800RPMs

Bill it as an FRS fighter, sell it with a manual and badge it was a Nissan. Give it aggressive styling (thinking kouki s14/ and s15) call it the SX.

Each car could have dearlship options like Nismo front mounts (made by greddy, hks etc) Nismo coils (again made by someone else) brake upgrades all that.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #11944
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
They could get the sportiness back with their current parts line up. Take the vq out of the 370z, drop in a VR30, re-badge it as the 300 Z. HP in the low to mid 400's.

Take the FM platform drop in a KR20DDET
Power output248–268 bhp (251–272 PS; 185–200 kW) @ 5,600RPMsTorque output280 lb⋅ft (380 N⋅m) @1,600 – 4,800RPMs

Bill it as an FRS fighter, sell it with a manual and badge it was a Nissan. Give it aggressive styling (thinking kouki s14/ and s15) call it the SX.

Each car could have dearlship options like Nismo front mounts (made by greddy, hks etc) Nismo coils (again made by someone else) brake upgrades all that.
Come on, you ain't still holding out hope that Nissan is going to do something for enthusiasts are you? All that makes perfect sense to us, but they just don't give a fuck.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #11945
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Come on, you ain't still holding out hope that Nissan is going to do something for enthusiasts are you? All that makes perfect sense to us, but they just don't give a fuck.

Nope. I am simply saying what they could do.

What they will likely do is release something with a "sport" model and run commercials with people driving the piss out of it.

Or maybe make a "sporty" looking EV.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #11946
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFz-mQuGtM

On Topic..

Notable sections are at:
1:07 (Holy crap that car looks good in black and white);
4:24 Japanland man explaining certain features; and
9:03 Professional driver giving her a whirl
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:34 PM   #11947
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Nope. I am simply saying what they could do.

What they will likely do is release something with a "sport" model and run commercials with people driving the piss out of it.

Or maybe make a "sporty" looking EV.
This is all you get! :readtherules:

Old 05-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #11948
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Certainly design is subjective, but there are designs that are universally praised. Cars like the E Type, 250 GTO and pretty much any Aston Martin are all universally praised as beautiful designs. People that disagree are in the minority. Scandinavian Design and other minimalist architecture throughout history like Japanese homes are looked as universally beautiful designs. Many of the the most beautifully designed things throughout history tend to be clean and minimal. Less is more.

I think when you look at Mazda and Volvo right now they are making cars, inside and out, in that vein. When you compare like the new Mazda 3 to say a Civic this design philosophy really becomes apparent. They’re total opposites.

The design choices between the 3 series interior and the fiesta are the differences between a clean and elegant and just another interior.

Again, there’s always varying opinions, but there are design elements that are universally praised.
Wow broad strokes here Mel, lol. You wax eloquent and generalize all at once. The Volvo exterior I do not have a problem with. Your particular dash did not look appealing that is my right to feel and whether or not its a minority opinion it is mine. Also I have never completely dislike Mazda’s design exterior choices for the most part. I do dislike their current iteration of the 3 hatch in the rear 3 quarters. I do like the look of the sedan though. while I do not like the knob the rest of the interior is not bad. On the Fiesta you cannot just say Fiesta because their are new series in Europe MK8 which we did not get here. That is the dash I am talking about and most reviewers like it so perhaps you are in the minority on it , to use your own words.
Also on elegance , I look at a 3 interior and I see a decent interior I do not see elegance perhaps you wax poetically strong in your love of all things Mazda.
Nor do I find your Volvo interior elegant. I am certainly not claiming that about a MK8 Fiesta I just think it looks good. It clearly is not as horrible as you so willingly gushed.

Truth be told I am a driver first and foremost, interiors are one thing exteriors are one thing but also the way a car drives is big in my book. My FiST MK7.5 has been ragged on repeatedly by auto reviewers for its old style dash design which was a hangover from the previous iteration. Fact is none of them could get over how well the cars drove and absolutely loved them because of it.
Does it work? Yes it does, Apple car sync and Android auto hook right up. Does it have a touch screeN? Yes it does 8 inch. Does the dash design around i look a little dated and not esthetically appealing as possible? Sure but the Recaros are fantastic and the car out drives cars 2-3 times more expensive its an absolute blast to drive and for that I absolutely love it. I can run with 911”s and Caymans on the Crest and absolutely drive them bonkers with the ability to kill them in the corners.
In the end we have grown, you are a family man looking for the more mellowed down daily comfy vehicle that has hints of sportiness. I am still singe R.I.P A.J.Y. Have not met someone that fills those shoes since.
I can afford stuff these days but still chose a FiST . I pick cars first and foremost for how they drive followed by looks.
You seem to more interested in looks first and foremost then handling.

Am I in a minority? I could care less , are you in a minority you should care less.
If I was a sheep a I would be running out and buying a Tesla or Prius , in that sense you could say we are both in the minority.
Which also winds up making your comment above quite subjective.
No offense meant here just constructive counterpoint to your statement above.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #11949
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
2020 Supra is surprisingly quick in the 1/4. That B58 ain't no slouch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:39 AM   #11950
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
2020 Supra is surprisingly quick in the 1/4. That B58 ain't no slouch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp
That's a faster 0-60 than I've seen other sources report. But damn that's quick. They're saying it's underrated. Wonder if it is closer to the Z4 hp wise.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:38 AM   #11951
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
nice, 12.3 1/4 & 1.07g on pilot super sport tires (not sure how different it is from the regular super sports). M2comptetition & ss 1le dont begin to pull until 100mph. cant wait to see more reviews, lap times, and comparos. this could be bmw’s strongest value.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #11952
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That's pretty impressive. I was expecting something in the neighborhood of a 13.0. I'm sure all that low-end torque and that 8 spd trans helps.

$56k is getting up there, though. I'd take a base GT350 at $59k with the stick and back seats.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #11953
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
That's pretty impressive. I was expecting something in the neighborhood of a 13.0. I'm sure all that low-end torque and that 8 spd trans helps.

$56k is getting up there, though. I'd take a base GT350 at $59k with the stick and back seats.
That is such a good caaarrrr. Used juans are in the 40s with low miles
Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #11954
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post

‘19 gt350’s are getting marked up a lot anywhere from 3k and up. good luck finding anything under 63ish-k. 10k adm seems
like the norm in CA. the remaining ‘18’s you can still get msrp. I was interested in getting a gt350 in Feb but I just didnt see the value in them.

one thing I hate about ford with the shelbies is that supply isnt usually in the consumers best interest. i cringe to think of markups when the gt500 arrives.

the supra could very well turn out to be the poor man’s M2 if it delivers beyond the stats and adm isnt offensive.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #11955
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Wondering what the dealer mark up is on the Supra right now?? A friend of mine spotted one in the wild in Phoenix already.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #11956
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Wondering what the dealer mark up is on the Supra right now?? A friend of mine spotted one in the wild in Phoenix already.
Must be a press car. They are not on lots yet.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:49 AM   #11957
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The TRD kit hits production.

$15k give or take including wheels? Not bad. Even if it doesn’t do much in the performance department. I think it would look stellar on a white car.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/19/...-trd-upgrades/
Old 05-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #11958
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

$15k give or take including wheels? Not bad. Even if it doesn’t do much in the performance department. I think it would look stellar on a white car.

Meanwhile $15k at FCA adds unique Hood, interior, wheels, upgraded transmission, rear differential, supercharger, forged short blocked, hydrulaic steering and 300hp...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 05-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #11959
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Meanwhile $15k at FCA adds unique Hood, interior, wheels, upgraded transmission, rear differential, supercharger, forged short blocked, hydrulaic steering and 300hp...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You lost me at FCA.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #11960
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

i thought it was closer to an estimated US$24k as per the article. no thanks and
Im sure there will be more value oriented alternatives in time. idk about the front of the car or the profile but the rear looks nice.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #11961
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

edit double post
Old 05-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #11962
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You lost me at FCA.

Fiat Chrysler America

Challenger RT : $35k
Challenger SCAT Pack : $39k
Challenger SRT 392 : $48k
Challenger Hellcat : $58k

Same applies to the Camaro, Mustang and Corvette. A $15k performance package is more than just tacked on body work or wheels.

This is where the Japanese fail in recent years. Nismo cars are hardly worth getting excited over, Toyota TRD just stands for "turd".

TRD Tacoma and Tundra don't hold a candle to the SVT and Z trucks from Ford and Chevy when it comes to upgrades, or even the Dodge Power Wagon. TRD/STI FRZ86 is just wheels and a wing.

I'll say or again. This car will be popular in the tuning scene. However, that's only because of the scene is dead. FRZ86 has been beat to death. R35 is over. Shops and magazines need something to build hype and sell shit for. That alone will move this car.

This motherfucker is two months away.

Current car is $55k, just $3k more then the Zupra... I can't wait to see pricing for the C8.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #11963
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Wow that Vette looks incredible. In all the spy photos wearing camo I thought it looked super disproportional and dumb. At first glance, that juan looked like a Lambo to me. I never got into the C7. C6 is so good looking. That 8 looks killer.
And FCA makes nice things and stuff.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #11964
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Wow that Vette looks incredible. In all the spy photos wearing camo I thought it looked super disproportional and dumb. At first glance, that juan looked like a Lambo to me. I never got into the C7. C6 is so good looking. That 8 looks killer.
And FCA makes nice things and stuff.
Render based on camo. Unveil date is 7/18/19

Camo is hit or miss based on angles, but I have faith. For the last 4 generations the vette just has gotten better and better looking.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:50 AM   #11965
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

edit double post
Old 05-20-2019, 07:04 AM   #11966
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

if you want to something fast, at a good value, stick shift, with a good aftermakert, its difficult to beat american cars.

Definitely take advantage of that because who knows how long its going to last. the only issues I have with them that they’re not always fun to drive, tend to be heavier. I had a 12 mustang and didnt find it all that responsive having had a miata, 240sx, and an evo. I found it be a tad cumbersome to live with day to day but fantastic on a hwy, canyon road, and track. The stats on paper are great, and for me thats not everything. I realize its subjective, but a fast car isnt neccesarily a fun car.

The japanese have the potential to make great cars that are both fast and fun. I think its hard to do that in part because of their mindset, but also in part bc most enthusiasts are so difficult to please.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #11967
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
if you want to something fast, at a good value, stick shift, with a good aftermakert, its difficult to beat american cars. // I realize its subjective, but a fast car isnt neccesarily a fun car.
I agree with this. Curious as to why you decided on the Camaro. I know you mentioned trading in a Mustang for it, but don't recall the details/specs, and why.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #11968
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I found the camaro to be a lot more communicative and confidence inspiring with the steering and handling. I also found the mustang a bit too soft suspenion wise, while the camaro was a tad harsh but a better balance for me. moving from a mustang to a camaro very much reminded me of going from a wrx to an evo, if that makes sense.

i didnt find visability such an issue on the camaro. incentives wasnt bad in the camaro with $6k off msrp as opposed to msrp pricing with the gt350 if not high dealer markups.

what i dont care for are the seats dont hold me in as well as the factory recaros in the mustang or evo. tires are a lot more expensive and selection is very limited in the wheels with the car.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #11969
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Moving from a mustang to a camaro very much reminded me of going from a wrx to an evo, if that makes sense
So more track weapon than 'GT' I take it? What Trim mustang did you trade in, and what Trim Camaro? Feel free to share pics.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #11970
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:

Geezus