Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #61
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's was a responsible business decision and Rick is a responsible registered importer.

That particular S15 will be missed.

Good Night Sweet Prince
DLo Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #62
yvang07
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
yvang07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My eyes watered up...freakin sad as hell :'(
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #63
sebastianwrx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
sebastianwrx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
damn that sucks ..sorry to hear that
sebastianwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #64
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rickRHD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo Eric View Post
It's was a responsible business decision and Rick is a responsible registered importer.

That particular S15 will be missed.

Good Night Sweet Prince

thanks Eric! by far my favorite picture of the S15 that you took. at least you were able to enjoy it a bit before i had to bid it farewell.
rickRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #65
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

rickRHD is an unknown quantity at this point
in all honesty, i was expecting a lot more people to give me shit, but surprisingly that wasnt the case. im amazed at how level-headed the S-Chassis community is over situations like this, versus the Civic/Integra kids who would have ran their mouths. i'm originally from the Honda scene (Accord, specifically. we dislike Civic/Integra owners. lol), so to see how some of you guys kept it cool really gives me a good vibe & makes me happy that i joined this community.

to all of the people who understood why i did what i did, i give you my sincerest "thank you's". i'd buy every single one of you a beer if i had the chance.

to the rest of you...well, i have nothing else to say to you.
rickRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #66
jdm213
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
jdm213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
this broke my heart i would be pissed off and sad and have mixed emotions goin on if i saw this i feel bad now
jdm213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #67
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
Sorry for your loss Rick. I know you loved that car.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #68
Rubenonamission
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Rubenonamission is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
U idiot, u fool, u imbicile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rubenonamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #69
doomviillain
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
doomviillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to doomviillain
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
You are seventeen.

Your argument is invalid.
now is my sig lol i find this funny.

but to the op. No one is gonna understand how you feel and the decisions you had to juggle with until their in your shoes. Don't worry about the haters, you did what you had to do and that feeling would be something I couldn't bare. I know this saying might contradict my earlier post, but I thought about it and wondered if I was in your situation. It would be tough, beats being in jail that's for sure, trust me, ive been there. Not pleasant at all.

If anything I would buy you a beer, seeing that I cant, Ill down a 40 for you.
Your argument is invalid.
doomviillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #70
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Let this be a lesson to all. If you have an imported car, be sure to always have enough funds to have it exported out of the country if need be. It's a shame, too bad you couldn't save one of them.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:33 AM   #71
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Thats so sad
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #72
milk_with_pulp
Zilvia Member

milk_with_pulp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to milk_with_pulp Send a message via AIM to milk_with_pulp Send a message via Yahoo to milk_with_pulp
California is turning out to be one shitty place to live at times, all these laws for emissions, all these standards, everything they do to control you in one state yet were still in debt, still not looking at anything positive yet, cali makes me want to move out more and more. Such pointless strict laws that honestly do no good for the most part.

I do apologize for you to have to crush the cars, understanding why you did do that over tracking or spending the other money to just only drive on a track. Eventually down the line, you will find something bigger and better out there, it's all a matter of time, best of luck from now on out, hopefully you will be working for another company soon that is somewhat similar to what you currently did.

Cheers,
Best of luck
milk_with_pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #73
redline elite
Zilvia Member

redline elite is an unknown quantity at this point
:'( Rest In Paradise...........
redline elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #74
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I dont understand why this thread is so sentimental

You said you imported the vehicles with the attempt to have them legalized. This means they could have even been used for crash testing, unless the shop had other donor cars available for that same purpose. You put your money up and imported them based on that, but now, due to unfortunate circumstances the shop is closing. Your only option now was to either export or destroy. You didnt have any real/polite offers so you chose to destroy.

I personally dont see what the big deal is.. 2011 and everyone needs to put their life into a blog, its all about attention. Bad enough your blog doesnt get enough hits, now you wanted to post or share this on Zilvia.. did you post it on SupraForums too? Might as well, who knows.. maybe you'll meet more sympathetic emo car owners. You guys can sit by the beach and talk about the good times, the bad times, all the times you spent sitting by your car in the garage... or the 3 times you drove it.

If I was in your shoes, I would have exported the car with a quickness and reduced your losses.

Government = 2
You = -2
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #75
Boorito
Leaky Injector

Boorito is an unknown quantity at this point
I should have asked to drive when I had the chance, the seats were so comfy :[. sorry for your loss rick! at least you still have the accord!! I feel the supra could have been saved with american saffety glass and an american bumper support then reinspected, but im not in cali, nevada you would have been probably good, that and an american supra motor with emissions stuff <<, would have been legit as a kit car here. I look like a bum in that pic too
Boorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #76
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

TTnickdizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
What if the cars had gotten "stolen?"
TTnickdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #77
redline1320
Zilvia Junkie

redline1320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickRHD View Post
thanks Eric! by far my favorite picture of the S15 that you took. at least you were able to enjoy it a bit before i had to bid it farewell.
picture has taken place of my r32 on my desktop and is now my wallpaper photo.
Absolutely gorgeous car
ONLY other car I want besides my skyline is a s15
Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #78
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i know the feeilng, my rhd eg bubble got impound and crashed it in nyc a few yrs aago. cause its an illlegal. all bs!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #79
JesusFast
Zilvia Member

JesusFast is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, I'm glad I live in the Midwest.
JesusFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #80
Aroddalobster
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Aroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enoughAroddalobster will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think I saw that supra on the 60W a few weeks ago. I texted wes (black sc on ame's) since he's a friend of mine and he told me it, along w/ an s15, would be getting crushed and I cried a bit inside. But hearing this story, it sounds like it was a decision that had to be made and I respect the actions that were taken. Kinda wish the gov't would take the money spent on filing all these papers and use them to fix the damn roads.
Aroddalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #81
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree at the end of the day it's just a car. I understand why you made your decision but I don't understand why you chose to make this so public. Also people getting so torn up over an s15 is retarded. The people saying they teared up amazes me. It's not even your car. There's gotta be a million of those crappy nissans over in japan, get a plane ticket and enjoy one. Fact is, you can't legally drive one here unless you defecate hundred dollar bills. I can't believe all the people saying "dude you should have driven it anyway." What an attitude. Then when guys get busted doing this stuff it's "total bs." I don't view the government as the evil on that issue at all. The car was never made for U.S safety standards and isn't deemed safe for U.S road use. You can't change that nomatter how much you disagree with it. I feel like you could have found a loophole law for atleast track use but that argument is moot as the cars are now destroyed. I'm not calling you out on what you did, it was your property. I just think it could have worked out to benefit you financially given enough thought.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #82
koukisilvia123
Zilvia Addict

koukisilvia123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you drive that s15 around pomona? I think i talked to you there off of temple and grand, and then saw you in the supra at the in n out meet. sorry to hear about the cars, they were super clean
koukisilvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #83
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
I agree at the end of the day it's just a car. I understand why you made your decision but I don't understand why you chose to make this so public. Also people getting so torn up over an s15 is retarded. The people saying they teared up amazes me. It's not even your car. There's gotta be a million of those crappy nissans over in japan, get a plane ticket and enjoy one. Fact is, you can't legally drive one here unless you defecate hundred dollar bills. I can't believe all the people saying "dude you should have driven it anyway." What an attitude. Then when guys get busted doing this stuff it's "total bs." I don't view the government as the evil on that issue at all. The car was never made for U.S safety standards and isn't deemed safe for U.S road use. You can't change that nomatter how much you disagree with it. I feel like you could have found a loophole law for atleast track use but that argument is moot as the cars are now destroyed. I'm not calling you out on what you did, it was your property. I just think it could have worked out to benefit you financially given enough thought.
age 21 and i couldnt have said it better myself. respect
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #84
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Boom. Head shot.

For real though, Was there anything you couldve done other done destroying it?

Off road use only? Car show? Track car?

Fontana Nissan has a RHD S14 for track use only. Just saying.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #85
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Cute View Post
Boom. Head shot.

For real though, Was there anything you couldve done other done destroying it?

Off road use only? Car show? Track car?

Fontana Nissan has a RHD S14 for track use only. Just saying.
You can't change the bond EVER. Would have to ship it back and then re-import it on a different bond. The OP already said he didn't have the money to do this.

Provisional is different from Show/Display is different from Off Road/Track.
Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements
Old 07-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #86
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
its a shame to see what happened to your cars...hopefully everything works out for you though
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #87
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
You can't change the bond EVER. Would have to ship it back and then re-import it on a different bond. The OP already said he didn't have the money to do this.

Provisional is different from Show/Display is different from Off Road/Track.
Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements
Ahh ic ic. Well that sucks.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #88
DeanGrind
Leaky Injector

DeanGrind is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DeanGrind Send a message via MSN to DeanGrind
Such a waste of a car, I'm not going to cry over it like the other emo kids here, but really dude?

You could have just sold the stupid thing. I got from that story that your attitude was "if I can't have it nobody can", ridiculous. "People were getting greedy".. Really, really, really??

Just a waste was all this was. Very unnecessary to make this as public as you could and look for pity.
DeanGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #89
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGrind View Post
Such a waste of a car, I'm not going to cry over it like the other emo kids here, but really dude?

You could have just sold the stupid thing. I got from that story that your attitude was "if I can't have it nobody can", ridiculous. "People were getting greedy".. Really, really, really??

Just a waste was all this was. Very unnecessary to make this as public as you could and look for pity.
Are you fucking stupid?

Did you not see what was posted THREE posts above yours?

Oh wait, you're from FLORIDA
Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #90
DeanGrind
Leaky Injector

DeanGrind is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DeanGrind Send a message via MSN to DeanGrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Are you fucking stupid?

Did you not see what was posted THREE posts above yours?

Oh wait, you're from FLORIDA
Are YOU fucking stupid??

Did YOU read the blog post?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP even stated in the post his original plan was to part out the cars, but states people were getting 'greedy' as his reason for not.

So rather than part like he COULD HAVE he crushed them.

And no shit you can't get the title changed

DeanGrind is offline   Reply With Quote