Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rickRHD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Saying Goodbye to my S15

I figured this was kind of S-Chassis related. If I posted this in the wrong section, Mods please move it.

Yesterday was probably one of the shittiest days I've ever had. Read my blog & you'll find out.

Saying goodbye to the Supra & Silvia

rickRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Evolutionz
Leaky Injector

Evolutionz is an unknown quantity at this point
That is such a shame.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Seemed like you got all the question covered on what people are gonna ask here. Sucks.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So you gave up making some money on parting out to instead have the cars crushed because you thought "people were being greedy". Sorry, but that's just fucking stupid.
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
redline1320
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
redline1320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude you article makes it all feel humanized. Which is the same way I look at my skyline. Its my baby. I love her

But I could have never stood there and watched. Well I of course wouldnt have wanted to but all in all I know I would be there to see her off. But that day shall never come *knock on wood*
I can never part from her.
I feel your pain man
Old 07-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoza View Post
So you gave up making some money on parting out to instead have the cars crushed because you thought "people were being greedy". Sorry, but that's just fucking stupid.
of course you think its stupid. you werent in my position to fully understand. not to mention that customs would give me shit if the cars look like they were tampered with, since under our agreement i was not legally allowed to let any of these parts go. i was going to do trades + cash for parts so the cars looked relatively untouched, but people were throwing that idea out the window.

im not about to get fucked by the US Government over making a quick buck. if you think thats "just fucking stupid", then you're just dumb.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline1320 View Post
Dude you article makes it all feel humanized. Which is the same way I look at my skyline. Its my baby. I love her

But I could have never stood there and watched. Well I of course wouldnt have wanted to but all in all I know I would be there to see her off. But that day shall never come *knock on wood*
I can never part from her.
I feel your pain man
thanks bro. i see you have a 32, so you know how all of this works. trust me, i didnt want to see it, but a part of me wouldnt be comfortable until i was absolutely certain that these vehicles were gone. helps me sleep easy at night knowing that someone didnt try to pull some shit & keep the cars for themselves.

*knock on wood* hopefully your R32 remains yours forever. they're such awesome cars to drive.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
man that sucks....
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
Hiighboost2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
Hiighboost2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Hiighboost2
damn thats pretty sad too bad there wasen't a 3rd option

Instagram @hiighboost @iasperformance
Hiighboost2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
RHDJapan.com is closing?
Or is this a different company?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiighboost2 View Post
damn thats pretty sad too bad there wasen't a 3rd option
word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
RHDJapan.com is closing?
Or is this a different company?
oh no...not that RHDJapan.com. the shop i worked for was righthanddrivejapan.com

2 different companies. people confused us all the time. at least that wont be a problem anymore. haha.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
righthanddrivejapan.com

This is the same company that brought over Mark Arcenal's (fatlace) Hakosuka Skyline right?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
Mulcracky88
Leaky Injector

Mulcracky88 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should've just kept them as track cars, or went to a better state to get them registered, or not been a pussy and just drive that shit on the road anyway and fuck the pigs. anyway, i think you handled the situation completely wrong. I dunno man, looks like you weren't man enough to handle a little criticism or to deal with the many, many retards who respond to part-out ads etc. My opinion on this, not really hate, just pissed me off to see this as i wouldn't have done the same unless the feds were at my door about to confiscate the cars or something like that.
Mulcracky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
wolfy47
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wolfy47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulcracky88 View Post
You should've just kept them as track cars, or went to a better state to get them registered, or not been a pussy and just drive that shit on the road anyway and fuck the pigs. anyway, i think you handled the situation completely wrong. I dunno man, looks like you weren't man enough to handle a little criticism or to deal with the many, many retards who respond to part-out ads etc. My opinion on this, not really hate, just pissed me off to see this as i wouldn't have done the same unless the feds were at my door about to confiscate the cars or something like that.
cool story bro.

Im not pissed or anything but basically everything your wrote in this post is just straight up stupid. The feds already know you have the cars so there is no way of keeping the cars as a track car or taking them to another state since they make sure the car is exported/destroyed by a certain date, and as for your "drive them on the road anyways and fuck the pigs" its just not worth getting yourself locked up prison for a car thet know everything about (its like running from the cops after giving all your info). There were no "part out ads" and all of it was done word of mouth and by the way it sounds if he did post a part out thread you would have been one of the retards that would drive him to just crush the car
Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #15
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Those pics man, I would be sad too but things happen and if you really want a S15, you could always go through the whole process again and actual finish off the legalizing of the car yourself.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #16
Mikey McFly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Mikey McFly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy47 View Post
cool story bro.

There were no "part out ads" and all of it was done word of mouth and by the way it sounds if he did post a part out thread you would have been one of the retards that would drive him to just crush the car
Quoted for the truth. I feel for you Rick, I would have done the same.

I don't think it would be the same to buy another S15. There was history behind the first one. Getting another would just feel weird, as if you just bought a Civic or something else as generic.
Mikey McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn thats a shitty ending..
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
MrJdmEh2

Trader Rating: (5)
MrJdmEh2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Dam about to shed some tears for you... By the way stop trying to explain yourself to people on here your a grown man that had to make a tuff choice plus i bet getting a couple of bucks is the least of your concerns.
MrJdmEh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #19
SilviaStar
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SilviaStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is horrible. Im pretty pissed. Funny thing is, this is the same way i felt when i watched videos of chinese people skinning animals alive. I want those fuckers to die. Shit i woulda stolen that shit and changed what i needed to make it seem like it was a kouki converted to rhd and what not. Theres always ways to make things work. I cant say i woulda done the same. I possibly would have paid the 2gs to show it was being imported to someone you know in japan, but never actually send it that way the heat is off your back haha
SilviaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
OP, it's admirable that you had the cars crushed. It clearly seems to have been the most logical and least problematic route to take.

Would've been slightly cooler if you did some crazy burnout before you said good bye to them, but that's just the ricer in me.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #21
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
You could have very easily sold those as track cars. You obviously didn't make much, if anything at all, off of them by crushing them, so selling them for a measly 2-4k would have promised a quick sale and some extra cash. It's not illegal to register an imported car as a track car, so the feds knowing he had them would have given him no troubles at all. As far as buying one in the future, I agree with Mikey above, but I also look at it from the same stand point as S Koreas view on pedophiles. If you don't know, they now chemically castrate them so they can't do it again. You crushed a beautiful car for no reason, you shouldn't be allowed to buy another one. That's just my opinion. The people getting all uptight about it can get over it. At the end of the day, you won't change my mindset and both of us are going to think our personal opinion is right and everyone else is wrong
Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #22
xptnike
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
xptnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
wow, damn man....that really really sucks to hear, i'm hurt just reading it....but yea, understandable i guess but i still can't believe that you decided to crush them, regardless of money and what not from parting the car out, you could have given the car a different type of life by parting it out and letting the parts live on....lol, just rambling but damn, sucks man
xptnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #23
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
righthanddrivejapan.com

This is the same company that brought over Mark Arcenal's (fatlace) Hakosuka Skyline right?
yep that's us. Felix, one of the other head hancho's at Fatlace, also bought a Ken & Mary from me. Also, the Ken & Mary they're giving away at the Fatlace Klassik was purchased from me as well. they're good guys & i still keep in contact with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulcracky88 View Post
what you fail to understand is that these cars were brought for petition use ONLY. meaning they're here for research & the feds KNOW we have these cars. i'm not going to bother to explain it to you in detail because probably wont give two fucks about it & believe that your logic is right & mine is wrong. apparently 3.5 years in the business doesn't mean shit when someone like you knows everything. as for not being man enough...crushing an S15 & a Supra to keep my ass out of handcuffs isn't man enough? clearly i showed the integrity to go through with such a difficult decision, something you wouldn't be man enough to do. get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy47 View Post
cool story bro.

Im not pissed or anything but basically everything your wrote in this post is just straight up stupid. The feds already know you have the cars so there is no way of keeping the cars as a track car or taking them to another state since they make sure the car is exported/destroyed by a certain date, and as for your "drive them on the road anyways and fuck the pigs" its just not worth getting yourself locked up prison for a car thet know everything about (its like running from the cops after giving all your info). There were no "part out ads" and all of it was done word of mouth and by the way it sounds if he did post a part out thread you would have been one of the retards that would drive him to just crush the car
this. wolfy47 is a very close friend of mine & knows what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Those pics man, I would be sad too but things happen and if you really want a S15, you could always go through the whole process again and actual finish off the legalizing of the car yourself.
word. glad to know some people see it for what it is. hopefully in the future i can try the project again. just requires a shit ton of cash flow.

...i wonder if my unemployment checks can cover this project. hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey McFly View Post
Quoted for the truth. I feel for you Rick, I would have done the same.

I don't think it would be the same to buy another S15. There was history behind the first one. Getting another would just feel weird, as if you just bought a Civic or something else as generic.
thanks man. and you're right...another S15 wouldnt be the same. i can come across them a dime a dozen, but it's still not the 1st S15 i ever drove. too much sentimental value that can't be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junky View Post
Damn thats a shitty ending..
yeah, it pretty much sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJdmEh2 View Post
Dam about to shed some tears for you... By the way stop trying to explain yourself to people on here your a grown man that had to make a tuff choice plus i bet getting a couple of bucks is the least of your concerns.
amen! the money is the least of my problems. i wouldnt risk hefty fines & possible imprisonment over some parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaStar View Post
This is horrible. Im pretty pissed. Funny thing is, this is the same way i felt when i watched videos of chinese people skinning animals alive. I want those fuckers to die. Shit i woulda stolen that shit and changed what i needed to make it seem like it was a kouki converted to rhd and what not. Theres always ways to make things work. I cant say i woulda done the same. I possibly would have paid the 2gs to show it was being imported to someone you know in japan, but never actually send it that way the heat is off your back haha
i had guys in Japan that were willing to hold on to the cars for me, but i didnt have the money to cover all of the expenses. plus, it was super short notice, so i had to do what i had to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
OP, it's admirable that you had the cars crushed. It clearly seems to have been the most logical and least problematic route to take.

Would've been slightly cooler if you did some crazy burnout before you said good bye to them, but that's just the ricer in me.
thanks for seeing it how i do. oh trust me, i had my fun in the S15 before i sent her off. no way in hell im NOT sliding around in an S15. no sir! haha
Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #24
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
You could have very easily sold those as track cars. You obviously didn't make much, if anything at all, off of them by crushing them, so selling them for a measly 2-4k would have promised a quick sale and some extra cash. It's not illegal to register an imported car as a track car, so the feds knowing he had them would have given him no troubles at all. As far as buying one in the future, I agree with Mikey above, but I also look at it from the same stand point as S Koreas view on pedophiles. If you don't know, they now chemically castrate them so they can't do it again. You crushed a beautiful car for no reason, you shouldn't be allowed to buy another one. That's just my opinion. The people getting all uptight about it can get over it. At the end of the day, you won't change my mindset and both of us are going to think our personal opinion is right and everyone else is wrong
i could have easily gotten these cars registered elsewhere, but as i said, these cars were brought it with government approval for petition. they know the VIN numbers, they know where they are & who brought them in, they have all of my personal information, fingerprints, company info, etc on file. just too risky.

i could have used them as a track car, but under government guideline, they would have to leave the country on a container back to Japan, then brought back in under the correct paperwork. i dont have the money for that.

it's not me making these awful decisions, it's just me following government orders so i can keep a good reputation with them.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #25
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
very sad story, the US is getting stricter and stricter over imported cars, like that crazy skyline seizure thing over in california a few years ago. gota gota have money to actually legally own a car like that over here....sadface

i would rather have seen it up and running somewhere else tho, even if shipping it off and auctioning it or something didnt make much of the money back, but thats also coming from someone who is pretty broke and not really understanding those costs lol

im noobish on this whole import business but you couldnt sell it to another import/export company over seas in another country? or would that have not been worth it
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #26
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i hate the govt. they cant organize and take care of katrina victims but they're all over a car brought over from japan
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #27
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
im noobish on this whole import business but you couldnt sell it to another import/export company over seas in another country? or would that have not been worth it
we seriously contemplated getting them shipped out to another country, but what really killed us was time & finding a customer that was willing to cover all of the expenses & still pay us for the car on top of that.

also, the S15 needed a bit of body work. someone thought it would be cool to key the entire left side of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
i hate the govt. they cant organize and take care of katrina victims but they're all over a car brought over from japan
^THIS!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #28
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
It was a stock S15 people. Not like it had insane rare parts or anything.

I'm more interested in the Supra actually, any pics of that?

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #29
rickRHD
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post

they were on our company website, but it got shut down already. i'll check my personal computer when i get home. i'm sure i have a bunch. just some quick info on the Supra:

1998 Toyota Supra RZ-S
6cyl Twin Turbo
4spd A/T w/Tip-Tronic (Japan Only option)
Hard Top (only 326 exist in the states)
White
Was on 18x10.5 & 18x9.5 Yokohama Advan TCII.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #30
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post

but it was a '99 spec r haha, those are rare enough even in japan unmolested even so lol yea, their still worth on average like 25k over there
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote