Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
ad1234

Trader Rating: (0)
ad1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB Front Clips

I just got my 240sx about a month ago and i've been saving up for an rb25 swap. Im doing the swap myself and I plan on getting the front clip off a skyline to make sure the wiring and all the other extra goodies are there. Where can I find a good fornt clip for an r33 with an rb25det for around 3k. Also are there any JDM shops in south florida that do great work.
ad1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

TwoForDeh is an unknown quantity at this point
I would just buy a motorset from a depot and then buy the parts separately. Just get a wiring specialties harness. If you get a clip, you'll end up with an entire front end that you have no use for.
TwoForDeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I live in South Florida and provide many of the services you will need. Wiring / tuning for instance.

I know all the shops around here and none are worth your money or time.
There used to be some good ones but they are long gone. You can't even trust them to change your tires anymore.

Your best solution is learn to do everything yourself.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
jdm engine depot in Clifton n.j.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForDeh View Post
I would just buy a motorset from a depot and then buy the parts separately. Just get a wiring specialties harness. If you get a clip, you'll end up with an entire front end that you have no use for.
Terrible TERRIBLE IDEA.

wiring specialties? Riiiiiiight. More like "hey we'll probably miss a few pins and then you'll spend six months shipping this harness back and forth to us before we get it right". Chase bays is no better.

Having a full clip is extremely useful, not only for troubleshooting, but also for being able to sell off all the extra bits and pieces you don't need/use.

We bought a blacktop s13 clip a few years ago for $2500 (no body panels included) and made back almost $800 just on bits and pieces we didn't use.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Terrible TERRIBLE IDEA.

wiring specialties? Riiiiiiight. More like "hey we'll probably miss a few pins and then you'll spend six months shipping this harness back and forth to us before we get it right". Chase bays is no better.

Having a full clip is extremely useful, not only for troubleshooting, but also for being able to sell off all the extra bits and pieces you don't need/use.

We bought a blacktop s13 clip a few years ago for $2500 (no body panels included) and made back almost $800 just on bits and pieces we didn't use.
What's the likelihood of someone needing pieces from a clip from a r33? I've seen a FS thread on here and he's had the SAME shit for sale since he opened the damn thing. If you were going SR, of course buy a front clip because you can use 95% of the shit on them. R33? just buy a motorset. I personally haven't had any negative experiences with my wiring specialties harnesses. I had my S13 SR harness from them, no issues. My RB25 harness no issues. And now, my RHD RB25 harness with hopefully no issues (knock on wood). I'd trust WS more than Chase Bays though, for sure.

Edit: OP, if you want amazing customer service and good work, take a trip to Orlando and give your shit to Raw Brokerage. I only deal with them for all my RB stuff and they are the best.
TwoForDeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
ad1234

ad1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you know if Raw Brokerage has lots of after market parts for the rb25? And what is so and about getting a front clip won't I be able to use some of the things that come with it and make the swap a lot easier
ad1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Terrible TERRIBLE IDEA.

wiring specialties? Riiiiiiight. More like "hey we'll probably miss a few pins and then you'll spend six months shipping this harness back and forth to us before we get it right".
I thought I was the only one.

OEM harness + wiring it yourself = FTW
Old 09-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #9
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah raw brokerage has basically anything you'll ever need