Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:42 AM   #61
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is 2023 so boring that no one made a new thread?

After a fun 2022 Miami GP, the 2023 Miami GP was literally so boring that my wife and I fell asleep.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2023, 05:11 PM   #62
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Fell asleep during Azerbaijan (partly due to it being at 4am, but also due to it being pretty boring).

Miami was equally as boring.

Ferrari and Mercedes have zero response to Red Bull and their overall speed.

Makes me suspect Las Vegas will be just as boring with that incredibly long straight.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 06:35 PM   #63
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
the 2023 Miami GP was literally so boring that my wife and I fell asleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Miami was equally as boring.
You guys are trippin. The midfield was a flurry of activity. The Mag/Lec battle was exciting (and Max overtaking both of them into turn 1). Lewis clawing his way from 13th to 6th was cool to see as well. Just because the front is stagnant doesn't mean it's boring. Hell, even Baku was thrilling with the lap-after-lap wall-skimming and the RB's pushing each other faster and faster.

Compared to the previous regs, where staying in the wake of a car ahead longer than 2 laps meant certain death, these races seem to have been action-packed. Or maybe I'm just being an optimist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Ferrari and Mercedes have zero response to Red Bull and their overall speed.

Makes me suspect Las Vegas will be just as boring with that incredibly long straight.
Everyone was saying "big changes coming at Baku" and now it's "big changes coming at Imola." We'll see if that lack of wind tunnel time ever ends up having an impact on RBR. Seems like they're too far ahead to catch without the FIA's intervention tbh. If the cost cap wasn't an issue there's no doubt Ferrari and Mercedes would be on par.
Old 05-10-2023, 08:21 AM   #64
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
You guys are trippin. The midfield was a flurry of activity. The Mag/Lec battle was exciting (and Max overtaking both of them into turn 1). Lewis clawing his way from 13th to 6th was cool to see as well. Just because the front is stagnant doesn't mean it's boring. Hell, even Baku was thrilling with the lap-after-lap wall-skimming and the RB's pushing each other faster and faster.

Compared to the previous regs, where staying in the wake of a car ahead longer than 2 laps meant certain death, these races seem to have been action-packed. Or maybe I'm just being an optimist...

Everyone was saying "big changes coming at Baku" and now it's "big changes coming at Imola." We'll see if that lack of wind tunnel time ever ends up having an impact on RBR. Seems like they're too far ahead to catch without the FIA's intervention tbh. If the cost cap wasn't an issue there's no doubt Ferrari and Mercedes would be on par.

I agree it was filled with midfield activity, Although it is enjoyable, Cars are starting to feel like the last generation.. From what George said they have been running the engine at a lower power map, Toto saying upgrades are coming but from what I read they are and its gonna be a different floor, front geometry of the suspension bits is going to be tweaked, and the rear floor mid wing Drs thing that Redbull has they apparently figured it out? Alpine just did a massive update rear suspension, brand new floor, etc and brought it this weekend and look where that landed them.

As Merc did early 2014-2016 I think the bulls are sandbagging hard...the bull is that much faster than everyone but speed traps this weekend, Stroll 351kph, Max 350kph I think Hamilton was up there at 348KPH from what I remember.. But something seems off or unless they are lift and coasting a ridiculous amount.. the pace is unmatchable...
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 08:56 AM   #65
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
i'm just excited to see alonso doing well
it was wild watching him comment on lances driving WHILE he's racing.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:53 PM   #66
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
i'm just excited to see alonso doing well
it was wild watching him comment on lances driving WHILE he's racing.
Yeah, Schumacher can eat my ass, Alonso is the GOAT. Dead on with his race predictions. Dude is a true racer thru and thru. I hope we get to see him keep racing for years to come. You can tell he's still got the drive.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:17 PM   #67
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeah, Schumacher can eat my ass.
i'm not one to kinkshame, but. . . .

Quote:
Old 06-02-2023, 03:42 PM   #68
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Monaco was a great race. Really fun to watch.

I think I'm going to set aside some time to watch the qualifying- heard it was fantastic.
Old 06-03-2023, 07:27 AM   #69
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Yeah, Schumacher can eat my ass, Alonso is the GOAT. Dead on with his race predictions. Dude is a true racer thru and thru. I hope we get to see him keep racing for years to come. You can tell he's still got the drive.
Arguably took Ferrari and Schumacher out in his prime with a car that understeered like a EF with a b16 swap that had a open lsd trans.. He def deserves more praise. Le mans winner, participated in the Indy500, Still gets down on a kart... OG racer like they use to be.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:12 PM   #70
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Monaco was a great race. Really fun to watch.

I think I'm going to set aside some time to watch the qualifying- heard it was fantastic.
Yeah, quali was even more exciting than the race tbh. I love monaco, but they really need to figure out a way to create more passing opportunities.

And on the topic of passing opportunities, how about Spain?! The new configuration and formula sure has made a huge difference. Also, looks like Mercedes has finally gotten on their feet. I really hope Aston Martin can figure out where their pace went this past weekend 🤔 they thought they were going to make up 2/10ths with the upgrades, but seems to have been the opposite (at least for Alonso)...
Old 06-06-2023, 10:31 AM   #71
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

I was in Monaco in '19 right before the Formula E race and saw the circuit all blocked off and... I just don't know where they'd get more passing without modifying a very tight city.

Spain was great.

Agreed that Aston's pace was off, but I think they showed how tight the team is. Stroll did a great job proving wrong the people who say he always has a string of bad races after a bad race.

Was there any news on Lando's car having more damage than just the replaced nose?

I want Yuki to succeed because he has moments of brilliance, but jeez... he just doesn't have staying power.

Logan Sargeant doing America's Dong proud. Really peak Fort Lauderdale.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:19 PM   #72
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was in Monaco in '19 right before the Formula E race and saw the circuit all blocked off and... I just don't know where they'd get more passing without modifying a very tight city.
If the cars weren't the width of the street, that'd be a start! I think they'd need to extend the circuit. They've reached the point where sticking with tradition is limiting the future.

Quote:
Agreed that Aston's pace was off, but I think they showed how tight the team is. Stroll did a great job proving wrong the people who say he always has a string of bad races after a bad race.
Yeah, Stroll's pace was surprising. Apparently Alonso felt like he was down a couple tenths due to damage from going off track in Q1, which makes a lot of sense. I guess we'll get to see if that was the case in Canada.

Quote:
Logan Sargeant doing America's Dong proud. Really peak Fort Lauderdale.
Classic Florida! Having watched all of F2 last season, I expected him to do better. Not the first time successful F2 drivers has failed to meet expectations in F1 though.
Old 06-08-2023, 09:37 AM   #73
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Where does one watch F2? YouTube? Streaming service?
Old 06-08-2023, 11:46 AM   #74
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Where does one watch F2? YouTube? Streaming service?
f1tv! it is 9.99 a month totally worth it onboards of each driver plus post and pre shows all the interviews post and pre.. As well as the Porsche Supercup, F1 academy, F2, and F3.... free practice ,Quali, Sprint races etc for all the above mentioned as well. if you wanna try it out I can send you my f1tv info see how you like it.
Old 06-19-2023, 10:50 AM   #75
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
f1tv! it is 9.99 a month totally worth it onboards of each driver plus post and pre shows all the interviews post and pre.. As well as the Porsche Supercup, F1 academy, F2, and F3.... free practice ,Quali, Sprint races etc for all the above mentioned as well. if you wanna try it out I can send you my f1tv info see how you like it.
That's cheap. I'm going to do that.

How about that Canadian Grand Prix? Great racing. Alonso/Hamilton and the DRS train were both a lot of fun to watch.

Sainz is still extremely good at shooting himself in the foot and the (I'm assuming) team decision for Norris to hold up the pack was a terrible one.
Old 06-19-2023, 11:53 AM   #76
brndck
Premium Member

Alonso on the podium again!!! love to see it!!!
Great racing from Lando Norris, and def some exciting moments from Albon.
Of COURSE george would make an unforced error

Quote:
Old 06-19-2023, 03:37 PM   #77
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Of COURSE george would make an unforced error
I liked George better when he was at Williams.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 11:51 PM   #78
Ryan_H
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Ryan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sitting on a forum watching Americans embracing F1 warms my soul

Canada is one of my favourite circuits, I'd love one day to get a hot lap around CdGV if I ever am lucky enough to visit.

Props to Alex Albon this race for pushing that upgraded Williams right up the order.

Did think there were far too many penalties and investigations for the race though, marshalls sure were busy.
Ryan_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 11:06 AM   #79
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Albon's always been fun to watch- he needed some maturing but he's consistent and makes the most out of the car when possible.

It would have been hard not to flag an investigation for the Hamilton/Alonso release and the Norris release. Was surprised not to see more track limits calls. Sainz deserved to be called out for his qualifying bullshit.

Interesting that Vowles is so forthright about Williams' issues. He's got his work cut out, that's for sure. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...date/10482476/

Newey has officially started his retirement countdown.

McLaren on Norris' penalty: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...aren/10485440/

Aston on Alonso's lift and coast: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...rder/10485120/
Old 07-02-2023, 12:37 PM   #80
deolio
Post Whore!

Man, I really wish Ferrari had let Sainz and Leclerc race or at least let Sainz by after Leclerc couldn’t make a move. At least that Sainz/Perez battle was good. Very clever racing.

I think they need to put a sausage kerb a few feet over the white line to keep people from running out so wide. Too easy to run wide if there’s no physical penalty for doing so.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:02 AM   #81
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Man, I really wish Ferrari had let Sainz and Leclerc race or at least let Sainz by after Leclerc couldn't make a move. At least that Sainz/Perez battle was good. Very clever racing.

I think they need to put a sausage kerb a few feet over the white line to keep people from running out so wide. Too easy to run wide if there's no physical penalty for doing so.
Agreed in both instances, and stewards agree with your second opinion.

Tsunoda is frustrating. I still think he has brilliance but the guy is constantly making mistakes that cost him races. There was no way that pass would stick, and then he pushed it too hard with less front wing and damaged his floor in the gravel.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:27 PM   #82
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Tsunoda is frustrating. I still think he has brilliance but the guy is constantly making mistakes that cost him races. There was no way that pass would stick, and then he pushed it too hard with less front wing and damaged his floor in the gravel.
He races with a lot of passion, which is a double edged sword. I think Franz Tost is just waiting for Tsunoda to develop some self control and put the two together, but I honestly can't see that ever happening. Gotta let the dude go open his dream restaurant and bump someone up from their insanely deep pool of talent in f2.
Old 07-09-2023, 12:45 PM   #83
Ryan_H
Leaky Injector

Ryan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura aboutRyan_H has a spectacular aura about
Please tell me someone watched the British GP? It was a good scuffle.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:25 AM   #84
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_H View Post
Please tell me someone watched the British GP? It was a good scuffle.
It was very good indeed! I don?t understand why the hell Mclaren didn?t give Norris and Piastri softs after seeing what Russel was able to do with them. Very happy to see Mclaren back at the front of the field after their dismal start, but I?m well aware results at silverstone are usually a bit skewed.
Old 07-10-2023, 04:16 AM   #85
Ryan_H
Leaky Injector

I was screaming at my TV that they should have given the soft, but then promptly ate my words. Seems GR on softs couldn't get to OP on hards either so it was the right call. They're clever those strategy guys.

To hear the British crowd when Lando took the lead though, gave me goosebumps.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:24 PM   #86
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was screaming at my TV that they should have given the soft, but then promptly ate my words. Seems GR on softs couldn't get to OP on hards either so it was the right call. They're clever those strategy guys.

To hear the British crowd when Lando took the lead though, gave me goosebumps.
I mean, Lando had to defend like his life was on the line at the restart. Softs would have at least given him a chance to fight forward, but I suppose having plenty of tire and being able to push to the end was the safer call to maintain their positions. Lando driving through the fire extinguisher residue and throwing up that cloud of dust in front of Lewis gave me a good chuckle.

The roar of the crowd as Lando passed each section of grandstands was definitely awesome to hear.
Old 07-11-2023, 07:09 PM   #87
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Interesting news with Danny Ricciardo...

I rarely follow anything off-track but hmmm.
Old 07-12-2023, 01:16 AM   #88
Ryan_H
Leaky Injector

Quote:
The roar of the crowd as Lando passed each section of grandstands was definitely awesome to hear.
I live only a few miles from the track and I swear I could hear them over here haha.

Danny Ric being back has me mixed. I love him as a personality and as an athlete, but I feel NDV has been super short changed. He has been so successful in every other series he's been in, so when he's failed in a notoriously tricky car (and let's be clear, he's marked relative to Tsunoda who has an entire 2 points after 3 years experience in that team), it just feels wrong.
Old 07-12-2023, 01:01 PM   #89
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
I live only a few miles from the track and I swear I could hear them over here haha.

Danny Ric being back has me mixed. I love him as a personality and as an athlete, but I feel NDV has been super short changed. He has been so successful in every other series he's been in, so when he's failed in a notoriously tricky car (and let's be clear, he's marked relative to Tsunoda who has an entire 2 points after 3 years experience in that team), it just feels wrong.
Haha that's amazing!

This may be a crazy theory, but I think the main motivation for putting Ric in the AlphaTauri is to warm him up and get him ready to take Checo's place should he continue to underperform. Ric is a bad fit for AT, which is supposed to be the youthful up-and-comer team and he's growing a bit long in the tooth, especially considering the depth of the talent pool RBR has in F2. I can't see him keeping that seat into next year. Send my boi to Aston Martin and replace bitch boi Stroll for the love of godddddd
Old 07-12-2023, 04:12 PM   #90
Ryan_H
Leaky Injector

I think you're right, I can 100% see Checo out for 2024, DR in and then Liam Lawson in from Super Formula to AT.