Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
charlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to charlie@justdrift Send a message via Yahoo to charlie@justdrift
speedtrial usa - full drift on the east loop!

DRIFTERS! will be exclusively on the east loop side. corner workers will be US.. YOU AND ME!!! so we need to switch around to corner work our own practice session. if you don't feel like volunteering please don't sign up! we need to cooperate with the tracks and organizers. this is the only way for us to drift in the tracks, if we help each other. speedtrial/buttonwillow/official are fully aware of what's going on... full drifting.

but don't forget SAFETY is still our priority.

BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY PARK
aug 9, 2003 saturday - drivers meeting and tech inspection at 8:00
am.

limited to only 45 drivers of 4 run group. we can't have more than 45 cars because east loop is too small for more than 10 cars per run grp but very nice for drifting.

email me to reserve spot and for payment registration.
[email protected]

price is:
$70 per driver!

http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/i..._17_config.gif
charlie@justdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2003, 12:19 AM   #2
benzz280
Leaky Injector

benzz280 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont understand the corner worker part, please explain. How long will this event be? Thanks!
benzz280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:38 AM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
as i mentioend on other boards. im in!

btw, i NEED those tires TODAY.
i dont knwo when i have chance to get mount and balance at the shop i go to..get today mount/balance tomrrow/friday
i need to get my rotors replaced and an alignment
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

charlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to charlie@justdrift Send a message via Yahoo to charlie@justdrift
aaron,
you can get it mounted and balanced at the place where you will pick them up at. it's reyes performance in west covina 626.732.5900 ask for alex or art. alex v drives the 86 hatch silver.
they know i left tires for you there. call them up!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:04 AM   #5
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
will do thanks! car will be ready for sat then!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:07 AM   #6
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
45 Drivers.

How many groups?

Which mean when the first group goes the second group will be the course workers? Then switch around again?

Sounds really tiring but If I can bring another guy for me to watch the course will that work with you?

let me know.
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

oh btw,
can they separate the groups somewhat by expirience/skill?
sucks to run with totally beginnesr because they spin and then we gotta putt-putt around the corners... espeically new people who dont pay attention to the drivers behind them..instead of letting them pss they try again on the next corner and spin...making the pesron in the back doing useless runs.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:21 PM   #8
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
oh man..this sounds like so much fun!!..i think this would be much better then the "Drift Days" from 4AG..

hmm..how can i pull this off...

how many people are registered thus far?
Old 07-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #9
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
Blah....I'm so pi$$ed that I can't go. The event is the weekend that I am going to cancun. hmmm...I guess I really can't complain that much, but it sounds like it could be really awesome! Good luck getting it all organzied. I think I need to invest in a tire company, (or convince one to give me free tires)...by the looks of it I'll be needing new tires at least once a month now
Old 07-09-2003, 02:18 PM   #10
Danio
Zilvia FREAK!

Danio is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope I can go but I'm not sure yet. :\ My S14 is f***ed and I should be getting an S13 soon. Gotta see how soon I can get suspension parts and whatnot. Al help me find parts!
Danio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:19 PM   #11
pchio
Zilvia Member

pchio is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds perfect to me.

-Pat
pchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:13 PM   #12
itsybitsy240sxEy
Leaky Injector

itsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to itsybitsy240sxEy
i'm in! hey charlie, are passengers allowed? i think aaron's idea of separating run groups by level is a good idea.. then people like aaron could help me out. (:

www.PinkGodziRa.com
itsybitsy240sxEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 04:37 PM   #13
pruto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
count me in too!

so much for saving up money for wheels...
Old 07-09-2003, 04:40 PM   #14
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
oh man..this sounds like so much fun!!..i think this would be much better then the "Drift Days" from 4AG..

hmm..how can i pull this off...

how many people are registered thus far?
nope..not gonna happen...car is no shape to run....looks like i may be sitting this and DD7 out... ..oh well...
Old 07-09-2003, 04:44 PM   #15
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

what happenned??!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:53 PM   #16
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by dousan36
what happenned??!
in a word.....money

my car is sitting in my driveway right now on the spare donut and 1 completely flat tire...2 rear are down to threads..so it's not even drivable at the moment..

it also needs maintenance / basic tune up..

and some other stuff i need to fix..

i'm super bummed....but oh well..i'll get it back in shape by DD8 at Irwindale for sure..

i just wish i could make it to this Buttonwillow thing..i have run the Full Track CCW before and it was awesome...but only for grip...i have never drifted it..i'm sure it's great...

if somethin changes i'll for sure come..but as of now it's like 80/20 against my showing up..maybe i'll just come down to watch..who knows..

blah..................................
Old 07-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #17
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

al - rotation goes like this.

A - run - C watch
B - run - D watch
C - run - A watch
D - run - B watch
Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #18
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

what about passengers?
are they ok? i want to help some friends as wlel as have passenger in my car. makes it more fun and learn a lot from eachother.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:27 PM   #19
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
yeah, i dunno how, but i think i learn a lot by just sitting in with aaron on two runs in vegas. I was hanging on for dear life and not paying attention really. but just the motions, the feel of the car, it helped a lot.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:50 PM   #20
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

as of now passengers aren't allowed... i will ask the officials for you guys.

Last edited by charlie@justdrift; 07-09-2003 at 11:56 PM..
Old 07-10-2003, 12:02 AM   #21
mistert
Pearl White Mike

mistert is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to mistert Send a message via AIM to mistert
im down. what all is entailed with being a corner worker? will i get to watch the better drivers while i am?

what will i need to bring other than the obvious things (car, helmet, myself)
Old 07-10-2003, 07:26 AM   #22
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

no passengers again....that sucks
i liked it when the drifting was not as mainstream. so much more relaxed.
sigh..
Old 07-10-2003, 10:22 AM   #23
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally posted by Danio
I hope I can go but I'm not sure yet. :\ My S14 is f***ed and I should be getting an S13 soon. Gotta see how soon I can get suspension parts and whatnot. Al help me find parts!
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Help ME find parts. I got me an S13 and I need Tailights, Motor, front End, Suspensions, Rims, etc etc.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:24 AM   #24
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by driftheaven
al - rotation goes like this.

A - run - C watch
B - run - D watch
C - run - A watch
D - run - B watch
Sounds good. So my other question... If I have another guy with me, Can he be able to watch the track for me?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:30 AM   #25
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

aaron, if you wish drifting wasn't mainstream. i guess you are contented with limited drifting in the tracks.
where you get ****ed off when you get a black flag and complain. would you rather have that or have full drifting with no passengers?

al, that can be arrange... bring 2 of them. one to sit in for me too!
hehehehehe
Old 07-11-2003, 01:07 AM   #26
pruto
Zilvia Addict

hey Charlie, i tried sending you a PM and a email, but haven't gotten a message back yet. But if there is still room, i would love to sign up.

[email protected]
Old 07-11-2003, 01:27 AM   #27
nokeone
on strike three.

Naoki is the best!!!..

since my car wont be ready to drive in DD7 she is allowing me to transfer payment over to this event..so it looks like i will be able to make it!!..i'm super pumped on this..gonna be a fun time...glad i don't have to wait till September and DD8 for track time...

thank you so much Naoki...
Old 07-11-2003, 08:44 AM   #28
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

no, charlie, its not that. i liked it when it was abit more laid back. no passengers. seriously, if a passenger bothers a person THAT MUCh that they cant stay safe, keep a clean head going and enjoy the track then imho, they shouldnt be driving. its like driving a car w/ yelling kids in the back. yes its a distraction, but not an excuse if you rear end someone. the first priority should be WHAT YOU ARE DOING and BEING SAFE. #1 priority. stay alive.

i think part of the learningp rocess IS riding with someone. you know the first thing i learned i rode in your car. if i had not, i wouldnt know anything still. riding with you is not only what got me into drifting but also got me learning 'oh that's how its done'.

now you cant deny that riding with someone is NOT helpful.

yes you can have an instructor. but most people dont like to ride with people they dont know. you would rather ride with someone you are comfortable with and TRUST because you know them. sure i can ride w/ some guy from another state who has excellent skill. but i probably wont be most comfortable with him/her for ill be worrying more about the road and if they are going to crash rather then being relaxed an watching their hand/feet/etc motions.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:31 AM   #29
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

aaron, that's good if all drivers that intend to go are like you. we can't help it but we tend to get some reckless drivers every now and then. nowadays everyone is going faster and more daring... it's different now and i'm sure you know that. like i said before, i'm gonna ask for you guys. but so far that's the answer i was given. but that can change.... maybe case to case basis.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #30
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

ah yeah i know.
i do know some people cant handle it

yeah case by case would be cool. like maybe after so much expirience you can do this and that..etc

i think the US starts to get into that. different 'classes' of sorts...not to be 'im better then you' but for safety. no elitist attitude just to keep everyone happy and safe and learning the MOST they can.

no beginner wants a guy w/ 2+ years of expirience riding their a$$ on the track. that will cause more damage and less safety because the newer driver will feel pressured.

no one wants to rear end a [new] guy whos putting around the corner when your [someone with lots of expirience] is coming around full speed via drift.

that's why i suggested if we can get the groups organized by exprience for not only getting the most out of the track day but also for everyone's safety!