Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:38 AM   #31
Rokafella

Trader Rating: (0)
Rokafella is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Was going to mention coilpacks as i just went through a similar issue, has anyone tried the P2M ones with any luck?
Rokafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #32
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
they make a good product...almost got them before i sold my last one...currently using their fuel pump in my sti lol
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:13 AM   #33
s13Ks

s13Ks is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffed Dub View Post
At what point of the 240sx problem diagnoses process is it acceptable to cry?
i feel it. might have to tow my car for the first time since 2005. it's stuck in a parking space right in front of an apartment building in the city. the battery keeps dying and i have to carry it back to my apartment, trickle charge for 2 days and then carry it back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffed Dub View Post
the engine is bone stock besides the intercooler, there is a boost gauge. i can check all the vacuum lines for that again but none appear dry rotted or compromised. i was having power supply issues so i've already gone through the wiring for the battery and alternator. all the grounds are solid. all to raw metal, nothing grounded to paint.

ask away man, i'll take any help i can get
make sure to check the stock bov hose in the front wheel well, it is staggered 4mm-6mm and fails cos it gets hit with gravel, etc. at what temp do your issues arise?
s13Ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #34
Duffed Dub

Duffed Dub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by z31andrew View Post
Check your Coolant temp sensor. That being bad would indicate rough running at lower temps, as the sensor would not allow the system to run on it's "cold" setting, causing rough running. Until your system warms up, the ECU is already running "at temp" so once it hits the correct temp all would be good.

Definitely would recommend to check that sensor is operating properly.
coolant temp sensor was one of the first things i replaced. problem comes when its warm. not cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfornachon View Post
One of the best ways to check for vacuum leaks is to spray brake cleaner and see if the rpms change.

have a great day,
jared
shop tested the vac system, said its fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokafella View Post
Was going to mention coilpacks as i just went through a similar issue, has anyone tried the P2M ones with any luck?
shop tested coil packs and had no issues. pretty sure PO replaced them too judging by the set in the trunk when i got the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13Ks View Post
i feel it. might have to tow my car for the first time since 2005. it's stuck in a parking space right in front of an apartment building in the city. the battery keeps dying and i have to carry it back to my apartment, trickle charge for 2 days and then carry it back!

make sure to check the stock bov hose in the front wheel well, it is staggered 4mm-6mm and fails cos it gets hit with gravel, etc. at what temp do your issues arise?
problem varies but seems to happen about 10mins after reaching running temp. barely starts then gets progressively worse.
Duffed Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:06 PM   #35
Duffed Dub

still fighting issues.

took the car to a shop and they seem to be firing the parts cannon like it just as i was. they check compression, engine had 165 across all cylinders. they said they have never seen such a healthy SR. they found a few loose ground, and tested the electricals and found no issues. they found it was getting 60psi of fuel so i ordered a AEM AFPR for them to install. we arnt sure if the issue is fixed because they havent gotten it to running temp yet after the AFPR.

right now he ECU keeps going into limp mode. (solid red light) when it isnt in limp mode it flashes code 55 signaling all clear. the car revs fine 1-5, but as soon as it gets put into reverse it wont rev past 1k rpm and sounds like its on 2step. they said it was a bad ECU so i found another. unfortunately the one i bought was bad. immediately caused cylinder 3 misfire (waste of $200).

im skeptical of the CAS but im letting them do their job.

their course of action now is to replace the ECU, if that doesnt work then engine ECU.

what do you guys think? am i wasting my money at this shop? i know the guy knows what he's doing. he drifts an RB20 swapped rwd WRX wagon, and has a 13b swapped K truck. they do all kinds of work on subarus, GTR's, SR's, ETC.

i am moving across the country oct 1st from WA state to North GA then to FL by nov 15th. really want the car running by GA so i can run it at Lanier Raceplex. not feeling confident about it at this point.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #36
Jfornachon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Jfornachon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How about disconnecting the reverse light switch and see if that changes anything. Considering that is when the problem happened.

Have a great day,
jared

P.S. A can of brake cleaner costs only a few $. So for you to not check that is just pure laziness. Just because a "shop" said it was good a simple test like that is a simple piece of mind knowing that you confirmed it your self.
Jfornachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:49 PM   #37
Duffed Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfornachon View Post
How about disconnecting the reverse light switch and see if that changes anything. Considering that is when the problem happened.

Have a great day,
jared

P.S. A can of brake cleaner costs only a few $. So for you to not check that is just pure laziness. Just because a "shop" said it was good a simple test like that is a simple piece of mind knowing that you confirmed it your self.
At this moment I don't have access to try anything. It's not like I can just roll up into a guys shop and start spraying brake clean all over an hot engine bay or disconnecting shit. As soon as I can get the car back I can test these things but hopefully I won't need to.

The guy running the shop driver can rb20 swapped sex wagon and has a 13b swapped k truck. He also runs a successful import garage. I thought he would be able to fix it. If not I'll try what you said before I drop it off at another shop in Atlanta
Old 10-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #38
juss_kno_s13vert

juss_kno_s13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Status update?

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk
juss_kno_s13vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #39
Duffed Dub

OEM fuel pump wiring, it was getting hot and losing fuel pressure. Used the own wiring as a signal to a relay and powered straight off the battery. Havent had an issue since
Old 10-29-2019, 06:00 PM   #40
juss_kno_s13vert

juss_kno_s13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Good job...blood sweat and TEARS mane...ill add this to my trouble shootlist..keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk
juss_kno_s13vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:32 PM   #41
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Rofl, sorry for the trouble with it! I have seen a lot of cars do the same with symptoms being elsewhere! glad its fixed, now have fun!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote