Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Will not start

*EDIT: Here's my revised post.

Quote:
Here's the low down.

When I bought the car, it seemed to have a mind of it's own, and it started when it wanted to. My buddy pulled out the shitty alarm and it seemed to be fine after that.

Over the winter, I took apart the harness because it was super shady, and all I did was fix O2 sensor wire which wasn't getting power (i gave it an ignition 12v), and same with the knock sensor (wire was cut). Other than that, I just took out all the crimp connectors and soldered all the wires in place.

Fast forward to now, the car wont start.
-Fuel pump primes
-3 injectors fire (should be enough to start the car, i think the 3rd injector doesn't fire because of a loose ecu pin.)
-Haven't had the chance to check for spark because I don't have a second person here to crank over the car while i check.
-May have loose ecu pins, how do i fix
-Timing is OK

Now, I did get the car started briefly, and that only happened when i pulled the fuel pump fuse. It started catching and fired up for about 5 seconds before it ran out of fuel. Following that, i put the fuse back in, and didn't start. Pulled it back out, wont start at all anymore.

Last edited by Ninjabread; 04-04-2008 at 05:38 PM..
Ninjabread is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
ok small update, it started with the fuel pump fuse disconnected and ran briefly until there was no more fuel.

Now, won't start weather or not fuse is put in.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
Sounds like a leaky injector possibly?
duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ya, it's a weird situation. Before I put her away for winter, I knew there was an issue. The alarm on it was super shady, and as soon as I ripped the brain out, it started right up. But it's all taken out now (the alarm) so that's not the issue.

I know I have some loose connections at the ecu plug (no clue how to fix loose pins), so those could be the culprit for the injector not firing, or the starting issue.

I'm just lost because I don't know where to start.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Sounds like an injector problem, test the resistance on each injector. Should be ~11.5. Also if your coolant temp sensor is bad itll flood the cylinders causing it to crank but never fire up until the gas is evaporated. Also try pulling your injectors and checking the smaller o-rings to see if they are cracked or warped.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

I'll go out and test resistance and check orings.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

O-rings all checked out fine (actually look brand new, i think they are)

and I checked resistance, i set my volt meter to rx10 (don't know if thats the right setting) and i got just a bit over 10ohms on each one.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #8
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

ok so, two things I've learned this morning.

code 34 - knock sensor (gotta fix that, but not related)
code 13 - coolant temp sensor: COULD be related, as a defective one causes rich conditions which may flood the motor

annnd apparently my ecu plug was snug, but it likes being very tight... I discovered that when checking for codes, it seemed to blink randomly unless I held it down, so I tightened it some more and sure enough lights were giving codes. Only thing is that the little screw that accepts a flat screwdriver on the ecu is missing, so I can't turn the screw back to normal haha.

anyway off to cady tire to get new spark plugs and a CTS and well see if she fires!!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Got new cts and plugs.

Its now giving me code 21 which is ignition signal.... wtf does that mean haha.