Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
240sxcoupe

Trader Rating: (0)
240sxcoupe is on the path to ruin240sxcoupe is on the path to ruin240sxcoupe is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
engine wont start

hey every one i just finishing repairing a blown head gasket and car wont start... i put every thing back on except for the radiator cause i didn't want the hasslen of putting it on then the car not starting and having to take it off... the car does turn over but no clicking...any suggestion on what could be the problem???
240sxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
Skaterjunky8
Leaky Injector

Skaterjunky8 is on the path to ruinSkaterjunky8 is on the path to ruin
distributor or the timing chain is on wrong. But first see if you have spark, then ifyou have spark, see if you have fuel. Then if you have all that, put the motor on TDC and restab the distributor. If you do that, still nothing, check compression. Most likely its your timing is off though
Skaterjunky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
i concurr. msglngth
Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Start by checking that everything is hooked up, all the grounds are on.......
Check Battery voltage, check for fuel pressue, then signs of fuel on plugs after cranking, pull the plugs make sure they all are sparking.

Did you double and triple check your chains are on right? and that the distributor is in the position it is suppose to be.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #5
240sxcoupe

240sxcoupe is on the path to ruin240sxcoupe is on the path to ruin240sxcoupe is on the path to ruin
hey i appreciate all the advice... i ended up taken to the shop to have them take a look at it...use to go there all the time...guy said im better off replacing that engine... which sucks cause i just spent $300 for a camshaft that snapped in half... aite once again i appreciate the help from every one...
240sxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #6
awesomenick
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
awesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
So, your camshaft snapped in half after you rebuilt? Or, you rebuilt it because of the snapped cam? Which cam is it? I have a lot of S13 cams. Did the mechanic tell you what was wrong? My KA had the distributor timing 180 degrees off, and it wouldn't start..... obviously...
awesomenick is offline   Reply With Quote