Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
DarknessS13

Trader Rating: (0)
DarknessS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
91 RHD converted 2jz s13

Hey guys i wanted to share my current build with everyone. Im currently in teh process of completing my 2jz s13 swap. Ive been working on it for 1 1/2 years now, first by sourcing a motor then a shell. Ive gone thorugh 3 different shells just trying to find the right one. So ill start with the shell.
Details
91 240sx hatch, right hand drive conversion, 5lug conversion, j30 diff, Fortune Auto Coils, JDM climate control, Racing Harness, Type X tails & Spoiler, r32 GT-R Seats with Bridge Seat rails, quick release hub, and some other things im probably forgetting. I have decent pics but ill post em up.

The dash needs to be reassembled so i dont have any interior pics yet, i will surely try to get some.
Next is the motor
1994 USDM Toyota Supra 2JZ-GTE with 50k-70k mileage.
Motor was pulled from a running supra and was supposed to be swapped into a 350z but owner decided another route. I then purchased the motor and had it sit in a friends garage for a while before finally tearing it down. Had a local machine shop help get her in tip top shape, cleaned the head and block, had the crank rebalanced, and a bunch of other shit. so enough talking heres the pics
before rebuild & tear down

After rebuild

So i decided to go with Driftmotions 67mm turbo kit. Looks pretty good so far. Then i came into a issue and had to get the car towed from the shop back home so i had the motor dropped in. Im using the Freed Engineering brackets with Circut Sports Motor Mounts and a OEM R154 Trans Mount.

So now she sits at home. The next biggest thing i need to get taken care of is the wiring. Ive been back and forth between attempting to do it myself (with 0 wiring experience) or dropping 800 for a brand new harness from chasebays or wiring specialties. Ive attempted to read and around and see what it was that was so difficult about the wiring and why i would pay 800 bucks to have it done...but i digress...anyways the final list of things to do is comprised of....(not in any particular order just stuff i need to get done)
1 Wiring
2 Shifter Extension
3 Drive Shaft
4. Tune/Software
5. Fuel Line Rerouting
6. Custom Exhaust
7. Re-assemble the dash/Install Guages

any more that i think off ill add onto, but yea...thats its lol any suggestions, opinions, feedback, or help would be appreciated.
DarknessS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Very nice progress. Im in the process of doing the same swap myself and as far as the wiring both WS + CB are having a 10% off sale for their harness' so now would be the time to grab one IMO.

What fan/rad combo you plan on going with? Have you test fitted those for clearance?

Subscribed
Old 11-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in for both of your builds!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
800 for pro wiring is better than fixing it every so often if you try it yourself
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
treeafodo

Trader Rating: (1)
treeafodo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like this is going to be a great build.
treeafodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
cbcm2435
Zilvia Junkie

cbcm2435 is an unknown quantity at this point
just go with chase bays, its $800 for all brand new wires, new plugs, and its built by a professional
cbcm2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
forgotten
Leaky Injector

forgotten is an unknown quantity at this point
More Pics!!!
forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Chase bays makes a good harness I would probably buy that to ensure there are no issues with it. Great Build!
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
We appreciate the kind words in here! We are always here to help so don't hesitate
to give me a shout personally or PM or anything!!

What ECU do you plan on using to run this beast??

As for the pricing just depends on couple things and we can make something work for you!! Zilvia has always taken good care of us so we never mind helping out our fellow Zilvians!!!

[email protected]

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
DarknessS13

DarknessS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thread revival from the fucking DEAD

ok car still doesn't run but she is wired and almost there!
So ive come across quite a huge road black in my project, the Driftmotion Turbo manifold I have has the waste-gate being routed to the rear of the engine bay, which in a normal LHD car wouldn't be a problem, my issue is I recently came across a RHD 240sx and fitting the DP, waste-gate dump tube, with the steering shaft being there is most definitely not happening so I came up with 3 options

1, have the wastegate dump tube run into the DP thus when the gate opens its vented into the exhaust and out the rear, which would require more modification of the DP and may possibly cause it not to fit!

2, cut the wasteage routing pipe and re-weld it running forward or downward so that it doesnt conflict with the rack and DP

3 Buy a new exhaust manifold thats RHD friendly? what are some RHD friendly manifolds?

Just trying to gather some insight and direction on what I could do, I have a few pictures to show whats going on down there.

Here perfectly you can see the DP steering shaft and the Dumptube resting on it, yes I can rotate it but where?

ok you guys get the idea so yea, any insight or direction would be helpful!

Thanks Zilvia Bros!
DarknessS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #11
boatwright_doug
Leaky Injector

boatwright_doug has a spectacular aura aboutboatwright_doug has a spectacular aura aboutboatwright_doug has a spectacular aura aboutboatwright_doug has a spectacular aura aboutboatwright_doug has a spectacular aura aboutboatwright_doug has a spectacular aura aboutboatwright_doug has a spectacular aura about
Any word on this build? I came across a RHD shell and might stop my current JZ swap, and put it in it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
boatwright_doug is offline   Reply With Quote