Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:10 AM   #91
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Hot dog!!!!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #92
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looks amazing!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #93
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn! this is one of the best hatches stateside
Old 08-27-2019, 11:27 PM   #94
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Saw this thing at Gridlife. It's insanely clean man
Old 09-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #95
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thanks guys!

I’m pretty content with the way the white car is right now, so I’m shifting my focus to one of my other projects. As some of you know, I picked up another 180 back in May. After essentially parting out the aero on it, Grabbing some Minerva’s, adding some interior back, and building the SR for a mild midmount TD06 setup, I’m at this point.

Last weekend I unbolted the over fenders to check out how bad the quarter panel damage was. To my surprise, they were pretty good (aside from the wheel arches of course). Which means I’ll be reverting this car back to stock body. Hopefully in the next couple months or so I’ll send the car off to have the rear wheel arches reconstructed to look 100% factory with a very slight pull. I’ll be putting stock fenders back on the front as well.

This will definitely be another early 2000’s street styled car. Yes, I already have a car setup like that, and now I have a chance to do something different blah blah blah. I like these style cars. I tried the whole hotboi thing with the overs and super wide wheels, but I just don’t feel attached to it. So now that I have that out of the way, I’m back and forth on my parts list. I’ve decided to keep the ganadors on the white car, and put the CBR RR mirrors on this one. Type X kit, N1 vents, TE37/LMGT4/AVS 5 (haven’t decided yet), Garage S hood, brides, stripped rear interior, and red or black paint. Nothing too crazy, but a nice street styled car I can have fun in
Old 09-29-2019, 07:55 PM   #96
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Teddy's Southeast 180SX Build

Slowly acquiring exterior parts for the purple car. Added some oem kouki tail lights, garnish and Hurricane mirrors. Oem kouki kit, and put some spare vskf’s up front due to clearance issues with new modded knuckles and arms. I’ve also got a front carpet on the way. So many things to still get before I’m satisfied with this car.

Going to be sent off to be reverted back to stock body soon as well. Someone sell me a Garage S hood!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Teddyless; 10-01-2019 at 08:26 PM..
Teddyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:09 AM   #97
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Why not leave the track car with overs? You know in the event that you crash?

White car is on motherfu****g point though !
Old 10-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #98
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You car is my IDEAL 180sx. Good lord.
Makes me want to make very bad financial decisions.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #99
JaredNoel
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredNoel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Those flakes are insane lol. Coupes are overrated
JaredNoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #100
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Why not leave the track car with overs? You know in the event that you crash?

White car is on motherfu****g point though !

You’re right, the smartest thing to do is leave the overs on. But mannnnn it really is not my style. I think I’ll leave them on for now while I dial in the engine and interior, and if I haven’t destroyed the car by that point, I’ll revert it back to stock body lol

Old 10-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #101
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyless View Post
You’re right, the smartest thing to do is leave the overs on. But mannnnn it really is not my style. I think I’ll leave them on for now while I dial in the engine and interior, and if I haven’t destroyed the car by that point, I’ll revert it back to stock body lol

Maybe some nice 30mm overs would do the trick?
The overs that were on the car looked to be too large, imo of course. That way you can run a nice wheel with almost no camber.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:05 AM   #102
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Maybe some nice 30mm overs would do the trick?

The overs that were on the car looked to be too large, imo of course. That way you can run a nice wheel with almost no camber.

I’ll see what I can do, unfortunately the stock quarters weren’t cut, but instead the arches were banged out to 50mm. I’m not sure if I can easily fix it without cutting and welding them back up

Old 12-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #103
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

So after thinking long and hard about the purple car, and my end goal with it, I knew deep down the one thing that was bothering me...

So long story short the quarter panels are back to stock metal lol

I called up my buddy Brent for a quarter panel “de-modification” round 2, and so the work began-

First cutting off the hammered to shit arches:

Then by using a scan of my other car, we were able to locate where the stock arch location should be:

Then hand shaping new metal for both sides of the car:

To do this the right way, a custom die was created to stamp the body line:

New wheel houses were made that sit closer to the outside skin than the stock design, to allow for more wheel clearance

Welding the new metal on and so on:

While that was going on, I began modifying my OEM kouki bumper for Greddy intercooler fitment, turn signal delete, N1 vents, etc:

Once the quarter panels were finished up, I began mocking up the car with the new parts I had acquired- Mint condition front fenders, modified kouki bumper, the rest of the kouki kit, Garage S hood, etc

Interior is still major lacking right now, but at least I have my new cluster in there haha

As for the white car, nothing has changed except that I bought a panache steering column cover for it-

That’s about it for now, more updates on both cars coming soon

Old 12-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #104
Wknd

Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
The rear fender rebuild is just superb, great work.
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:15 AM   #105
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
wow! great work! you should start selling those parts.
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:38 AM   #106
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That's some impressive work. Wish I knew a friend who could do that. Had to buy a used QP and most likely going to have to get a shop to replace mine. Would of much preferred to have went this route.

I would think you could maybe replicate S13 fenders and sell them
Old 12-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #107
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Jesus as previously mentioned, the rear 1/4 work is superb!

I wish someone made something like that for s13/s14 with all these cut 1/4 panel cars out there. Id be lined up to buy some FOR SURE.
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #108
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome progress man! So cool.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #109
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
1/4 work is unreal.... pure awsomness
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #110
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Great Job King Ted
Old 12-16-2019, 10:16 PM   #111
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
some good shit
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #112
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

In love with your body-shop/fabricator!

Any deets on them?

Could the produce more of those and sell to us peasants here?
Old 12-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #113
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Keep doing God's work! +1 for replacement quarters for fellow zilvians
Old 12-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #114
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Un fucking real.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #115
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
well then turns out i have been in this thread before, and holy crap the amount of body work and time spent on these two chassis are ridiculous. props on everything man, be proud. i really need to get off my ass and finish prepping and bodyworking my car
Old 12-18-2019, 08:42 AM   #116
ANKRacing

ANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura aboutANKRacing has a spectacular aura about
I read the whole thread right now and just can´t describe, how awesome your white 180 is! It´s just perfect, when it comes to ride height, rare parts and all the good stuff like sunroof and finishing touches like stickers etc. Totally love it and I´m looking forward to your 2nd build!
ANKRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:49 AM   #117
TollieLifted
Leaky Injector

TollieLifted is an unknown quantity at this point
Fantastic work!
TollieLifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:57 AM   #118
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

We’re working on a way to produce them that won’t be extremely time consuming and expensive. Mainly looking for an industrial press, that way they can be stamped, and be the same every time. I’ll keep everyone updated!

Also, thanks to everyone for the feedback and support so far!

Old 12-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #119
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Amazing QP panel work!

I'm surprised you didn't replicate the Koguchi style arch with that technique. Can't go wrong with OEM, though.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #120
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

It?s been a journey with this car. From picking it up last May as a fully stripped, rusted, and fiberglassed missile car with beaten/crushed quarters and overfenders, and cheap replica kit, to where it is now. Chassis completely restored, handshaped OEM spec quarter panels, full front interior, OEM Kouki Kit, etc. The stock SR halfway fell apart the first week I had the car, and since then have done a full HKS built head with a mid mount 20g.

still needs a full interior tune, but happy with the progress so far~

Waiting on the lip and a few other small things to come back from paint.

Also the engine bay could use a good cleanup, and I have to figure out what to do with the valve cover, as far as styling goes (open to suggestions)

But I?m just happy to be enjoying this car now!

Before:

Now:

Have a great weekend!