Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Smoothlikewater
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Smoothlikewater is making a name for him/her selfSmoothlikewater is making a name for him/her selfSmoothlikewater is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
KA s14 KA engine harness converted to s13 HELP!

hey guys i was wondering how to convert the s14 engine harness on to a s13 harness to properly make the headlights work and turn signals along with ignition sot eh key can turn the car on because i just swapped in a ka24de in my 89 s13 and the motor was from a 95 s14 some help? thanks

Last edited by Smoothlikewater; 12-12-2008 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: copy and paste error
Smoothlikewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothlikewater View Post
hey guys i was wondering how to convert the s14 engine harness on to a s13 harness to properly make the headlights work and turn signals along with ignition sot eh key can turn the car on because i just swapped in a ka24de in my 89 s13 and the motor was from a 95 s14 some help? thanks
No luck searching on this? I know the s13 has some power plugs in the engine bay and then there is the whole odb 2 thing. I'm not too sure how i'm going to tackle the ka24de thing for my s13, I just bought a s13 ka24de harness for my motor.

I'll disable the egr emissions stuff and I am going to disable the knock sensor on my ka as well since it's a daily beater and faulty wiring is to blame.

bah! I don't even want to think about it, good luck.

subscribed.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Smoothlikewater
Leaky Injector

Smoothlikewater is making a name for him/her selfSmoothlikewater is making a name for him/her selfSmoothlikewater is making a name for him/her self
well the s13 ka24de has a coilpack where as s14 ka24de doesnt have it and the s13 pop head lights vs the s14 non pop up wiring and the ignition...

I've been search no such luck finding it so yeah asking some smart tech guys that maybe have done the before that can help.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
well the s13 ka24de has a coilpack where as s14 ka24de doesnt have it and the s13 pop head lights vs the s14 non pop up wiring and the ignition...

I've been search no such luck finding it so yeah asking some smart tech guys that maybe have done the before that can help.
ah I thought you just needed the upper engine harness.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
Smoothlikewater
Leaky Injector

well i just want my key to turn on (ignition) the car by using the 95 s14 and having my head lights work (pop up) thats all
Old 12-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

You're searching sucks because you're looking for nonexistent shit. There is no KA engine that uses coilpacks.

Second, the engine harness has absolutely nothing to do with the headlights or anything else on the chassis. Nothing. That's two completely different harnesses, you can use any KA engine in your chassis and use any harness, the S14 harness will require a lot more rewiring but all your connections will be made solely for EFI power, A/C, and the cluster. S13s make connections to the underhood harness by the battery, S14s to the F3 plug inside. But again, these have nothing to do with anything else, you can remove the entire engine harness completely and everything else in the car will still work fine.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Smoothlikewater
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
You're searching sucks because you're looking for nonexistent shit. There is no KA engine that uses coilpacks.

Second, the engine harness has absolutely nothing to do with the headlights or anything else on the chassis. Nothing. That's two completely different harnesses, you can use any KA engine in your chassis and use any harness, the S14 harness will require a lot more rewiring but all your connections will be made solely for EFI power, A/C, and the cluster. S13s make connections to the underhood harness by the battery, S14s to the F3 plug inside. But again, these have nothing to do with anything else, you can remove the entire engine harness completely and everything else in the car will still work fine.
sorry i just tried searching before asking =/ but yeah you're saying i can use a s13 dohc harness and it'll run?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
sorry i just tried searching before asking =/ but yeah you're saying i can use a s13 dohc harness and it'll run?
I would use nothing but an S13 harness, it's a direct plug in under the hood and a repin of 6-7 wires inside. 30x as easy as an S14 harness.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 12-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
Smoothlikewater
Leaky Injector

alright thanks a lot for the info ill go do that oh yeah the s14 ka does have the fifth coil wire where as the s13 does but if i run into any problems maybe you can help me out? thanks for the info though helped out a lot
Old 12-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
alright thanks a lot for the info ill go do that oh yeah the s14 ka does have the fifth coil wire where as the s13 does but if i run into any problems maybe you can help me out? thanks for the info though helped out a lot
No, the S14 has an internal coil. Use an S13 DOHC external coil and distributor and you're fine.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #11
Smoothlikewater
Leaky Injector

alright thanks a lot that was the info i needed you were a big help!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
Smoothlikewater
Leaky Injector

In regards to the 6-7 wires that need to be spliced and re wired, what are those wires particularly?

Are they something that would hinder the car from running at all? Or could I put this 91 harness in and get the car going at least for now?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #13
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Go find a writeup on doing a DOHC swap into a SOHC chassis. There's several on this site and tons elsewhere online. Read it. All your wiring questions are answered this. This topic is too widely discussed to get rehashing it daily for people who haven't researched it yet.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #14
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Wow your making this swap more complicated. Get a S13 DOHC engine harness, DOHC ECU, Distributor, and intake manifold /w all sensors. Relocate PS line and color match your dash connectors for sohc and dohc are not same but wire colors are. I just did this swap but mine was a DOHC already so it just a matter of swapping longblock and keeping the rest the same. GL.
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #15
cycloneskate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
cycloneskate is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
turn signals wont work if the hazard switch isnt plugged in, and make sure your headlight motor switch is plugged all the way in as well- that fixed the problem on my sohc-dohc swapped 89 coupe
Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #16
dimkamoose

Trader Rating: (0)
dimkamoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
does anyone know if the whole s14 harness conversion to fit s13 has been done?
i know it sounds like a very difficult and annoying way but it might be the only way i can do this
dimkamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #17
Toomuch240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Toomuch240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13860
Toomuch240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #18
Toomuch240
Leaky Injector