Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #301
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I got everything pulled off of the car and loaded up last night. I'm taking it out to a friend to have it all painted tomorrow:

I'm also having the rear bumper and hatch painted, since my hatch has been flat black since I got it and my bumper has a lot of scrapes and scratches on it. Check out my sweet new hatch:

I'm hoping to have the exterior all back together in about two weeks. Can't wait to see it!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:20 PM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #302
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
10sx

You're almost there my friend. Can't wait to see your car done.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #303
sean1186

Trader Rating: (0)
sean1186 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so close man, im gettin antsy for the final product lolol
sean1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #304
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ haha, thanks dudes. I am sick of waiting as well. I just got word from RavSpec that the rear CR Kais are in NY and ready to ship, so those should be here by next week! Then I can have those painted, get the tires mounted, and throw them on- I am so excited to see what the car looks like all done!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #305
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Must have been a really good offer on those gauges, you wouldn't sell them to be a week and a half ago.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #306
newslidz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
newslidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to newslidz
hey I was currious where are you ordering your oem parts?

JUST A RED TOP SR
newslidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #307
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Must have been a really good offer on those gauges, you wouldn't sell them to be a week and a half ago.
It was crazy good. I would have been crazy to pass it up and I don't think you would have wanted them for this much. Sorry, bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newslidz View Post
hey I was currious where are you ordering your oem parts?
I get everything from NissanParts.cc- Russell is the man!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #308
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I made some progress last night... after I got a lovely surprise on the way out to my buddy's place where the engine is stored...

Goodyear fail.

After changing a tire in pouring rain, which sucked a lot, I went and got The Tomei Cams installed- FINALLY! I also installed the Tomei rocker arm stoppers and put the alternator/greddy pulley/ belt on. I just need to button everything up and plug some lines back in, then the motor itself will pretty much be ready!

[image lost]

Tomei Coil Pack Cover:

Next time I will button those things up, take the motor off the stand and install the rear main seal, ACT flywheel, toss the clutch back on, and bolt the trans up. Then I'll be able to haul it back home and drop it in the car!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:22 PM..
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #309
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Behold!

I love Japanese translations... I am so rocking this! :lol:

Finally got my rear wheels yesterday... props to RavSpec for hooking me up! I am dropping them off to be painted silver with the fronts. Nothing crazy, 18x9.5 +12 R and 17x9 +17 F. Wheels and all exterior stuff should be painted and ready to install when I get home from vacation at the end of next week. Very cool!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #310
240KAR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240KAR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Awesome!!! Love those wheels!! Dude awesome car!! A real inspiration =)
240KAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #311
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
It's nice to see some progress! This is going to be GREAT once it's finished. I bet you're hella excited now...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #312
BJManies
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BJManies is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow....such motivation.

Deffinatley subscribed. Lol
BJManies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #313
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Ahhh, finally took my advice.

I have a feeling this car will make me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #314
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
dam this makes me feel like a failure in life
lol
Old 04-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #315
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

lolol... thanks for the comments guys. I can't wait until this damn car is back together!

Dropped the wheels off for paint last night:

And picked up my AEM digital gauges from FedEx. I'll be running boost, oil pressure, and wideband AFR in the center dash pod I was running last year. I got a crazy offer on my Defi gauges, so I sold those for a good chunk of change and decided to keep it simple with the AEM gauges.

As soon as I get back from vacation next week, it's time for business. The engine needs to be back in the car NOW, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:25 PM..
Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #316
felicianod83

felicianod83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wonder who bought those gauges from you

Last edited by felicianod83; 04-15-2010 at 05:58 PM..
felicianod83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #317
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ haha, thanks man!

So here is a little update. I got my parts back from paint, and most of them look pretty solid- aside from the rear hatch and the side skirts. They had a lot of runs and looked pretty hit, so I took them to a legit body shop to have them redone. They should be back in a couple of days.

Tonight, I was able to reinstall the rear bumper, test fit the rear valences, and test fit the painted front end. I still don't have my wheels back from paint, so bear with the nasty wheels/tires/lack of drop. I'm really happy with how the front end looks and fits though, I'm looking forward to installing the rest and putting the front on for real!

*The fenders are held on with two bolts and the bumper is on with two zip ties.*

Sorry about the cell picture quality- it was really tough to capture with the phone in the sun and the car in the dark shade, lol:

[image lost]

Tossed my new AEM gauges into my gauge pod with Autometer angle rings (terrible pic, sorry lol):

I also sent payment for a Bride Zeta III Type L today to replace my Corbeau and sold my old seat to a friend. I've wanted one for a long time... can't wait to install it. ^.^ I'll update again soon when I make some more progress.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #318
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Looking good man!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #319
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks!

Just picked up my hatch and side skirts on my lunch- they look sooooo much better!

Installing the hatch for sure after work, hopefully I can do the side skirts too tonight. I'll take some better pics with the wife's camera tonight.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #320
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looking good!! Keep up the good work!
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #321
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I finished up installing the aero yesterday- I just have some fasteners left to install to make sure it is all secure. I decided I am going to rock my OEM vent visors as well, since they are barely noticeable on the black car and they cover my A-pillar rust, lol.

[image lost]]

It should look good when it is all buttoned up and cleaned up for real. I still have fasteners to install everywhere and the front is still just mocked up until I put the motor back in. I'm hoping to move it to the new house in just over two weeks after we close on it.

Zeta 3 Type L arrives today.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:29 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #322
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I'm loving this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #323
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Zeta III Type L. Installing on Saturday.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:29 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #324
Quicksilver_s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Quicksilver_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sick build!!!! exact same build i'm starting on.
Quicksilver_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #325
va240dude
Post Whore!

Love the Zeta, and of course the Kouki FTW!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #326
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Lookin great bud! I can't wait to see it this summer!
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #327
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks dude!

Not a lot to report. I scored another set of Ganador mirrors the other day... I sold the previous set I had and grew to regret it, so luckily I found another set really quickly!

Next update will be with the Works on the car...

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:30 PM..
Old 05-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #328
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Some current interior pics:

Trying to drop the Ganadors off for paint tomorrow if I can. In case anyone was wondering where my old aero ended up, here is my buddy's car- fresh out of paint:

[image lost]

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:32 PM..
Old 05-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #329
va240dude
Post Whore!

I want some nice exterior shots when you get those wheels on!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #330
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Did you figure out that harness issue with the JDM half clear/amber signals? What'd you do?
jing is offline   Reply With Quote