Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #61
max1008

Trader Rating: (0)
max1008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So We will need to just buy the j30 compressor right?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #62
max1008

But count me in for the buy.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #63
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Glad you're in, thank you!

yes sir j30 compressor. I dont have a problem doing hoses for a different compressor but I currently only have hoses/fittings for the j30 configuration.

I am also looking into doing a tucked rad/condenser combo so that you can run a shroud + 2 fans in puller configuration, however I'm not sure if things are going to get too expensive at that point. Calling my radiator place tomorrow to see what they can come up with.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #64
max1008

Yes I would interested in seeing the price difference in that. Been looking at the cheesebay ones and if I can kill two birds with one stone that would be great
Old 07-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #65
alexisonfire
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
alexisonfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Any idea when the group buy would start? If you need cooling specs also I can pm you
Old 07-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #66
Sugarmomma_money

Sugarmomma_money is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be interested in a/c for an sr20 if I could get it for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #67
whatbrokethistime
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
whatbrokethistime is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Excellent work, count me in for AC.

R34 NEO swapped s14 from Raleigh built in 06
Old 07-05-2015, 12:38 AM   #68
greenmachine300zxtt
Zilvia Member

greenmachine300zxtt is an unknown quantity at this point
Count me for the group buy...I need a/c bad!!
Old 07-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #69
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1008 View Post
Yes I would interested in seeing the price difference in that. Been looking at the cheesebay ones and if I can kill two birds with one stone that would be great
Should have something in the next week or two. I'd love to be able to offer a radiator that doesn't require any cutting of the support, but it's unlikely given the size limitations that come with that. I've got a few things in the works as well as some custom order options that I am waiting on quotes for. Will be posting updates here as soon as I know something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisonfire View Post
Any idea when the group buy would start? If you need cooling specs also I can pm you
I'd like to start it as soon as I can. I have made a list of everyone who has showed interest, along with as much info on each car that I could. Just need 10 people total for the first group buy, we have 3 confirmed right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatbrokethistime View Post
Excellent work, count me in for AC.

R34 NEO swapped s14 from Raleigh built in 06
awesome, thanks! sounds like a good reliable set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachine300zxtt View Post
Count me for the group buy...I need a/c bad!!
got you down! thanks!

Here is a rough list of everyone who has shown interest in the kit. I've tried to include all the info pertaining to each car. The only kit I can make quickly right now is the 95-96 s14/j30 compressor combo. If anyone is able to confirm that the s13 engine bay dimensions are the same, then we are good to go for s13/j30 setups as well. I do not have a problem doing other setups and including them in the group buy for better pricing, however I will not be able to build your exact kit as fast and will need help from you to finish your hoses. Anyone I've missed please just let me know, I've tried to include all of you who PM'd me as well.

I intend to build these kits as fast as possible as I know its not getting any cooler out there. Looking at a two week ship time MAX, clock starts ticking the day you order. Thank you all for your interest.

Group Buy:
alexisonfire
whatbrokethistime (rb26 s14)
greenmachine300zxtt (rb25 s14)
fd94 (1jz s14)

Potentially Interested:
projects14zenki
Mr.Slipngrip
usrocket (rb26 s13 w/rb25 compressor)
reddrum13 (2jz s14)
redline_racer510 (rb25)
EnemyS15
JRex(1jz S13)
civicEJ8
ProJNightshade (rb25 s14)
jduke (rb20)
1jz_s14 (1jz s14)
Ramonesfreak2010 (sr20 w/ka compressor)
EJ8_944 (rb)
owinbush (rb20)
SugarMomma_money(sr20)
PeaceOnesxWai (s13 ka)

Waiting for potential tucked radiator option:
max1008
MR_GUTTI (rb25 s13 + chasebays rad)

Last edited by alex_s817; 07-06-2015 at 08:34 AM..
Old 07-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #70
fd94
Leaky Injector

fd94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Count me in forsure

Old 07-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #71
MR_GUTTI
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MR_GUTTI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm interested in the tucked option. I have a s13 Rb25det neo w/chasebays radiator
Old 07-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #72
ZenkiDeven19
Leaky Injector

ZenkiDeven19 is an unknown quantity at this point
So wait what's the difference in say an 97 s14 setup?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2015, 01:02 AM   #73
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Ive always wanted to do a custom AC hose/condenser set up. Your set up turned out great.

If you do a S13 w/ KA compressor lines id be interested in the group buy.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #74
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd94 View Post
Count me in forsure

switched you over on the list, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_GUTTI View Post
I'm interested in the tucked option. I have a s13 Rb25det neo w/chasebays radiator
got you down on the list. I am considering bolting the condenser to the rad with some threaded weld-on alum blocks, could definitely do something different with yours though. Are you running the newer 14" tall rad that they offer? If so, I'd love to see some fitment pictures of it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiDeven19 View Post
So wait what's the difference in say an 97 s14 setup?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The fittings at the firewall are slightly different (no big deal, just havent made adapter fittings yet since I dont have a 97 to work with at this time). They measure the temp differently and are using a different compressor as well. If you bolt on a 95 compressor, it will not cycle properly without making some modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
Ive always wanted to do a custom AC hose/condenser set up. Your set up turned out great.

If you do a S13 w/ KA compressor lines id be interested in the group buy.
thanks a lot! Given all the interest I've had, s13 with KA hoses looks like it will definitely be a thing. Ill update as soon as I know for sure.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #75
whatbrokethistime
Zilvia Member

Will the J30 bolt up to an RB25/RB26 compressor bracket? My NEO is an r34 RB25. Running a griffin radiator And dual pushers which i probably have to mount to the condenser now right? Will blow through both.

Also, does this come with a smaller receiver / drier? Do the lines run from the compressor through the front hardline and through condenser and out the passenger frame rail up to the firewall?

My interior is completely gutted so I'll probably end up doing some 90 degree fittings inside the firewall and making something custom.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #76
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_s817 View Post
thanks a lot! Given all the interest I've had, s13 with KA hoses looks like it will definitely be a thing. Ill update as soon as I know for sure.
Ill be interested in just the condenser and drier set up if you get it to fit S13 oem location.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #77
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Will the J30 bolt up to an RB25/RB26 compressor bracket? My NEO is an r34 RB25. Running a griffin radiator And dual pushers which i probably have to mount to the condenser now right? Will blow through both.

Also, does this come with a smaller receiver / drier? Do the lines run from the compressor through the front hardline and through condenser and out the passenger frame rail up to the firewall?

My interior is completely gutted so I'll probably end up doing some 90 degree fittings inside the firewall and making something custom.
Yes sir J30 compressor bolts to RB bracket. Which Griffin rad are you running? Yes fans would have to mount to the front of the condenser and/or the back of the rad. I know that with a stock upper rad support there's no room to run two fans on the back of the rad which is why I am trying to get a tucked rad/condenser combo setup happening ASAP.

The drier is integrated into the condenser, which is honestly one of my favorite features of the kit. It was much harder to make the mounting brackets but the cleanliness of an integrated drier was worth it for sure. The high pressure line runs out of the condenser and 180s to run underneath it. it then pairs with the other low press hose and they route together along the pass side frame rail. I did it this way rather than behind the engine because I wanted it to be as clean and undetectable as it could be, meanwhile still allowing for as many turbo kit options as possible (given the compressor space is there)

Regarding your interior, there are a few options out there if you are looking to run an aftermarket evaporator/heater core unit. Vintage Air out of Arizona has some really cool stuff, and although it's pricey, it allows you to save a ton of space under the dash. I am running one in my turbo truck build and with the different options for hose routing, you won't be able to see any lines in my engine bay, aside from the compressor where they need to hook up. Of course if you were to run one of these setups, the hoses included in my kit wouldnt need to have the OEM fitting adapters.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #78
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
Ill be interested in just the condenser and drier set up if you get it to fit S13 oem location.
Fortunately I was lucky enough to pick up and entire s13 front core support from a friend last week, so testing for fitment wont be an issue! Waiting on the new condenser brackets from the water jet place and I can verify for sure that everything fits up.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #79
jduke
Zilvia Member

jduke is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I'm definitely in for an s13 rb20 using a j30 compressor kit.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #80
MR_GUTTI
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MR_GUTTI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I have the old version 24"x10"x3". Two of the 3"sits under the core support so I have an inch toward the engine. I'm using the stock clutch fan. Contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #81
whatbrokethistime
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_s817 View Post
Yes sir J30 compressor bolts to RB bracket. Which Griffin rad are you running? Yes fans would have to mount to the front of the condenser and/or the back of the rad. I know that with a stock upper rad support there's no room to run two fans on the back of the rad which is why I am trying to get a tucked rad/condenser combo setup happening ASAP.

The drier is integrated into the condenser, which is honestly one of my favorite features of the kit. It was much harder to make the mounting brackets but the cleanliness of an integrated drier was worth it for sure. The high pressure line runs out of the condenser and 180s to run underneath it. it then pairs with the other low press hose and they route together along the pass side frame rail. I did it this way rather than behind the engine because I wanted it to be as clean and undetectable as it could be, meanwhile still allowing for as many turbo kit options as possible (given the compressor space is there)

Regarding your interior, there are a few options out there if you are looking to run an aftermarket evaporator/heater core unit. Vintage Air out of Arizona has some really cool stuff, and although it's pricey, it allows you to save a ton of space under the dash. I am running one in my turbo truck build and with the different options for hose routing, you won't be able to see any lines in my engine bay, aside from the compressor where they need to hook up. Of course if you were to run one of these setups, the hoses included in my kit wouldnt need to have the OEM fitting adapters.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation. I am using the dual 12" flex - a -lites as pushers. I could do that vintage air kit and it would be kick ass. My dash is gutted and I'm running a switch panel. I can run that unit in place of my glove box.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #82
max1008

Regardless tucked or not radiator I am in on this deal. Please add me to the list. RB25 S14
Old 07-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #83
whatbrokethistime
Zilvia Member

Hey guys, take a look at this and let me know what you think. My car is gutted behind the dash so I'm looking at an option for AC only.

This universal evaporator would work with some 2.5" flex hoses to my vents.

Question is, are all the AC hoses a standard size? I could get the lines in this kit made a little longer and mate it right to this unit. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436629948.061033.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436629958.941382.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436629967.527088.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436629974.807927.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436629982.158794.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436630002.250124.jpg
Old 07-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #84
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduke View Post
Well I'm definitely in for an s13 rb20 using a j30 compressor kit.
Happy to hear it! Still waiting to hear from the radiator place, hopefully have everything figured out early next week guys. Thank you all for your patience.

Quote:
I have the old version 24"x10"x3". Two of the 3"sits under the core support so I have an inch toward the engine. I'm using the stock clutch fan. Contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!
how do you like that rad? What kind of operating temps are you seeing during the hotter months? thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max1008 View Post
Regardless tucked or not radiator I am in on this deal. Please add me to the list. RB25 S14
got you added, should have tucked rad info in the next few days, trying to rush this along as quick as I can, sorry for the wait.

Quote:
Hey guys, take a look at this and let me know what you think. My car is gutted behind the dash so I'm looking at an option for AC only.

This universal evaporator would work with some 2.5" flex hoses to my vents.

Question is, are all the AC hoses a standard size? I could get the lines in this kit made a little longer and mate it right to this unit. Attachment 85332Attachment 85333Attachment 85334Attachment 85335Attachment 85336Attachment 85337
Yeah i mean that could certainly work. I worry a little about the cheaper units because if they were to develop a leak on the inside and blow refrigerant everywhere it wouldnt be fun, but it may be worth a shot. As far as connecting the lines straight to it, you could do that and I could use the correct fittings on there for a bolt up connection. Just need figure the evaporator location because if the hoses are running straight through the firewall, they really need a bulkhead to allow them to pass through in order to keep the firewall sealed and the hoses from being cut.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #85
whatbrokethistime
Zilvia Member

Awesome, I'll have to do a bulkhead then. Thanks for the input
Old 07-12-2015, 12:53 AM   #86
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to see this tucked radiator setup.. in for updates.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #87
whatbrokethistime
Zilvia Member

Any updates on the build of this kit?
Old 07-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #88
porschekilla
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
porschekilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Got me interested. I want you to work on my car sr20det needs a/c. S13uploadfromtaptalk1437539754307.png
Old 07-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #89
whatbrokethistime
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschekilla View Post
Got me interested. I want you to work on my car sr20det needs a/c. S13Attachment 85626

This thread is for swapped cars listed above, SR in a 240 can be done with factory parts, no swap kit is really needed
Old 07-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #90
porschekilla
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
porschekilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Like his work want a custom setup
Closed Thread