Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:52 AM   #91
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ha! I just went through the 'oops wrong fitting' installing a GTX2863.

Any concerns about noise/vibration w/ the solid subframe mounts?

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #92
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
If you're old like me don't do solid bushings or risers. They're a pain in the ass and make the car noisy as shit inside.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #93
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post

Any concerns about noise/vibration w/ the solid subframe mounts?
So far I've noticed my diff is less noisy. I personally think it's because the rattling was a combination of diff vibrating with the subframe vibrating against the frame (my subframe bushings were REALLY blown out). I do hear more noise turning at low speeds. I haven't taken it on the highway yet, I'm sure that's going to be dandy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
If you're old like me don't do solid bushings or risers. They're a pain in the ass and make the car noisy as shit inside.
From what I've heard, I'm probably going to regret my decisions.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:17 AM   #94
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
My car made it through the Evergreen Drift Winter Drift season!

Only had a few big issues. One was my starter dieing at the track, replaced it immediately thanks to an Oreillys down the block. The other was my air filter breaking and fucking up my OEM MAF. I added an oil restrictor, got a quick release, and slapped on a KBD kit that has poop front bumper fitment.

The last 3 open drifts, I've been tandems with groups of drivers that are really good. They are faster then me in the corners, so I need to experiment with lower tire pressure and get a better alignment. I will not raise my car any higher then it is unless I get drop knuckles.

I just ordered 350z stubs from Villains since eithery S13 CV joints are making a lot of noise or my diff is about to break. I bought Z33 axles for $130, better to have them on standby for when the S13 ones go. I really appreciate my buddy Nate Snyder for giving me a spare S13 diff he had laying around.

I'm going to try out vinyl wrapping my car this spring. Going to force myself to do it twice before I think about giving up. I do plan on eventually going full fiberglass and getting the car painted in a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #95
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Right after NissanFest I noticed my exhaust was a little loud and checked under the hood. I thought I cracked the manifold but it turns out I popped the t2 gasket.

I took it all apart today and confirmed. Already ordered replacement parts from Kinugawa Turbos and GKTech. Oval nuts and studs and T25 gasket kit.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #96
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Right now I'm at FD Atlanta shooting Pro2 for my buddy Nate. My gf sent me photos of my package that came in.

I'm excited. I decided after running a T25 for the past 2 years it was time to upgrade. Im going to try and get my tuner to push it above 300whp low boost and aim for 360whp high boost. We're switching to Speed Density to make his life a little better.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #97
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Nice! What size turbo?
Old 05-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #98
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Heck yes. And nice spotting that gasket issue. I need to replace mines as well.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #99
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
next time you have to drop the subframe, just use two jacks. its how i did the rear end in my car. go slow. its much easier than using 4 xboxs.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:57 AM   #100
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Heck yes. And nice spotting that gasket issue. I need to replace mines as well.

I've only ly had to do this once the year I've ran this turbo [emoji31]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
next time you have to drop the subframe, just use two jacks. its how i did the rear end in my car. go slow. its much easier than using 4 xboxs.

Haha yeaaaah. Definitely need to get a friend to help me out too.

Quote:
Nice! What size turbo?

GT2871R!

Old 05-17-2019, 02:04 AM   #101
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Got all the fittings and couplers in the mail today. I went and got new hardware for the intake snout and the turbo outlet. I ended up getting m8x1.25 20mm for the snout and m6x1.0 20mm for the turbo outlet. As you can see I got the GKTech parts. I had to order a -4an to 7/16ths banjo bolt kit from Kinugawa Turbos in California. Along with that, I bought a turbo manifold stud kit, ovaled nuts, gasket kit, and nut lock washers (GKTech). I reused the ISR O2 elbow and bought a new ISR turbo manifold. I reused the coolant fittings off my T25 as well.

I dropped off my cold pipe to Luis Salazar to quickly TIG in an IAT bung. I will be converting my KA-T to MAP as soon as I bring it to my tuner. I'm also waiting on a boost controller from Nismotronic.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #102
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trying to drop it off with my tuner this week. Speed density conversion, MAC Boost controller. I want to see how much HP 14psi gets me with the GT2871R. I want high boost 18psi.

Wish me luck.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:41 AM   #103
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I fucked up this weekend. But I had a blast driving with the homies during team tandem competition! I need to straighten her out a bit and bring her back to my tuner for the MAP wiring and tune. He ran out of time and tuned it with the MAF to get me on track.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #104
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Last couple of days I've been working on installing my Villains Z33 stubs and z33 axles. I've waited since March due to not having much time with work and OT.

After DriftCon, prepping the front end to get straightened got me wrenching.

Now that I have a new welded diff and Z33 axles in, I am ready to drop it off at my tuners shop again. He said he'll wire in my MAP, IAT sensor, install boost controller and tune it.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #105
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Some photos from DriftCon [emoji469]

Old 06-07-2019, 08:45 AM   #106
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
what is that 3d printed part on that stub shaft?
Old 06-07-2019, 12:10 PM   #107
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
what is that 3d printed part on that stub shaft?
The Villains guys 3D print that for shipping. It makes it so the stubs aren't banging into each other during shipping.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:21 PM   #108
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

thats kinda what i thought. pretty neato! glad to see you making progress.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #109
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Just making a random post about my thoughts on what I need to do next...

I'm in the middle of vinyl wrapping the car. All the little things are starting to come together. After my motor is converted to speed density and dynoed I should be in a good spot for reliability and power on demand...

A few idea's on what to do next:

1.) I really need to get an oil cooler. I am not sure what brand to go with, I may just opt for Mishimoto. I want a thermostat controlled oil plate with a big oil cooler. Tracks like Evergreen, PARC, Villains Sportsland and Spirit Peaks allow hot lapping. At Evergreen, I can tell my motor doesn't like hot lapping more then 4 laps. Oil cooler should help it's temperament.

2.) I've put it off as long as possible, but a roll cage one of the next big purchases I need. Unfortunately, I don't feel like my interior is not where I want it. If I get a roll cage, I really want to dump the grey carpet for a new black carpet. I want to restore the interior as much as I can with a roll cage.

3.) I need to re-fiberglass my type3 front fender that blew up. I've also considered buying a new set of Type 3's and have the old fenders as back ups.

4.) I obviously need a bash bar

5.) Next spring I am considering buying all fiberglass body kit and getting real paint.

6.) While I was under my car installing the Z33 axles, I realized why my exhaust is so quiet. My mid pipe has a high flow resonator in it! I was thinking about swapping to straight pipe.

The next steps will only come if I can sustain a reliable motor. My exterior really needs to be cleaned up.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #110
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Finally got time to squeeze into the after hours schedule and get the corner squared up. Very thankful to get in on an open Saturday. At the shop now, Tommy said 2-3 hours.

Spotted this beaut in the back room [emoji7]

Old 06-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #111
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I'm so stoked I didn't have to deal with a receptionist, dropping the car off middle of the work week, waiting a week to get her back. I don't have paint that matches but next time the motors out I'll have Jordan respray it. [emoji7] Man, I can't describe how happy this car makes me. She's always a work in progress but I love driving her. Now I need to get her switch to MAP and a full high low boost tune. [emoji469]

Old 07-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #112
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

So I completely forgotten to get an alignment after the solid subframe bushings. I noticed at DriftCon my toe was off in the rear.

Last October when I got my last alignment I was at -0.8 rear camber on both sides. Since then I went wide body, and solid subframe bushings. The PBM subframe bushings move the subframe up about an inch. I lowered my car about 2 or 3 inches too. The raised it about and inch. The rear camber was sitting at -3.6 and -3.5. My rear struts were set to soft, 3 clicks towards hard. My car squats maybe 2 or 3 inches at that setting. (Tucking rim forsure)

Can't wait to drive it again... I've been addicted to Assetto Corsa this summer.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:23 PM   #113
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Changed the oil, I forgot the last time I did it but the motor just rolled over 3k miles since rebuild. I changed the oil not to long ago, I believe in the spring.

Photo from the last open drift (tandem mayhem). Had a lot of fun, got to apply what I've been picking up fr Assetto Corsa to IRL tandem driving. I still need to get closer to others.

I also bought the Levelride s13 low mount version 2 hydro bracket. I hope it ends up working with the Villains hydro kit. Along with that, I ordered a 25 row oil cooler with thermostat sandwich plate.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #114
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I feel like I've been making a lot of progress as a tandem driver, I decided to upload the raw footage from my GoPro.

Highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaYS6vZDQBg
https://youtu.be/HaYS6vZDQBg

Full uncut GoPro footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRQv2i8H9w
https://youtu.be/iFRQv2i8H9w
Old 08-06-2019, 08:04 AM   #115
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Fucking rad dude! Looks like you had a blast! When you kinda messed up and hit 5th gear instead of 3rd, looked like you drove a little smoother, not so tense. Keep up the good work! Think I watched both videos twice..
Old 08-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #116
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Fucking rad dude! Looks like you had a blast! When you kinda messed up and hit 5th gear instead of 3rd, looked like you drove a little smoother, not so tense. Keep up the good work! Think I watched both videos twice..

Yeah lmao I gotta chill out. I am starting to put less I put into the car which is nice. I may have to much caster (8.3) it def steers fast but it might be to fast? Idk.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #117
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I bought an oil cooler with thermostat adapter plate last week. Finally had time to make brackets. I need to buy a relay, switch and wire up the fan. Most feedback I got from friends recommend it to be off to the side and protected from getting hit in tandems.

I ended up playing it behind the FMIC because the brackets were super easy to make. I hope the fan will allow it to cool down rapidly when I'm hot lapping.

I have a Street Faction baasic bash bar coming and a new steering wheel.

Also I had to shorten my oil lines, taking apart the AN fittings sketched me out. One is partially stripped. I may order the fittings and lines and remaking them myself. The kit wasn't meant to be mounted vertically like this.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #118
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

T2 gasket #2 blow this summer. In the photo in the side by side comparison you can see the gasket from June.

I'm going to try the hks gasket from vivid racing. Apparently it's thicker then the ones I've used?

I'm going to belt sander the surfaces and cake copper gasket spray on it. I'm going to order inconel studs and nord lock washers. Tack the studs in place and send it...

Forrest Vertz said to go with clear silicone, but I'm hesitant because I do street this car... I'll give it a try once gasket #3 blows out...

I also had my coolant lines lay against the downpipe and pop. I bought 5/16ths fittings and will run a different route.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #119
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Went and bought a thread checker, tired of guessing bolt thread sizes. I'm surprised Enjuku Racing or ISR doesn't include this in their product information.

ISR Performance 3 Inch O2 Elbow (SR20) Studs: M10 - 1.5 40mm length. Nuts M10 - 1.5 (17mm hex)

ISIS Performance Turbo Manifold v2 (KA24DE) T2 bottom mount Studs: M8 - 1.25 45mm length. Nuts M8 - 1.25 (12mm hex)

I hope others find this useful for future reference.

Studs for turbo manifold. Idk why they're different sizes. The longer one is annoying with clearances.

Below the length of the stripped out stud from the O2 elbow.

Last edited by Wykydtron; 08-24-2019 at 10:36 PM..
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #120
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

I got a ton of feedback from people on Facebook and IG on what to do to solve this T2 gasket issue. I honestly feel like I've tried everything they've suggested.

One unique suggestion came from Forrest Vert; 100% Silicone Clear caulking from Home Depot. He says it's an old Hot Roder trick he picked up on. Also claims he's been running the same silicone gaskets off the head and t2 flange on his blue SR schassis for years. A few other people suggested it and swear by if.

Alongside all this, my buddy Julio Losh is on his 7th blown t2 gasket. He went and bought the s15 OEM t2 gasket, surfaced the flanges, and copper sprayed everything. I tried that back in June and I only got 2 months out of it.

I decided to take it an extra step and buy inconel studs and stage 8 locking fasteners. I found the kit on Flyin Miatas website! Inconel studs are rated from crygenic temps up to 2200°F (982°C). They should not warp or stretch under high temperatures. With the stage 8 fasteners, the locking washer (held in with an e-clip) will prevent the nut from backing out. I should also be able to reuse the studs and fasteners. The fasteners are fairly cheap but the inconel studs are money.

Since Julio is trying the thicker OEM S15 gasket, I told him the only thing I got to lose is not trying something new. I decided to give the silicone a try.

Below are two photos Forrest Vert sent me of his SR with silicone gaskets.

Here's a few photos From this week's project. I leveled and checked the mating surfaces with a straight edge.