Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 08-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #571
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Anyone wanna talk about the FBI inviting themselves over to Mar-A-Lago for a little tour Monday morning and hanging out all day?
I heard they even toured the safe, which is good. It's a very fine, very expensive, nice safe, with a door and some knobs. The best safe, some say, although not the best if you're the victim of a vicious, villainous verification of vaunted vulnerability.

I wonder if they dined in the dining room, teahouse, or patio- oh, maybe they had a themed dinner!
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2022, 11:50 AM   #572
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I heard they even toured the safe, which is good. It's a very fine, very expensive, nice safe, with a door and some knobs. The best safe, some say, although not the best if you're the victim of a vicious, villainous verification of vaunted vulnerability.

I wonder if they dined in the dining room, teahouse, or patio- oh, maybe they had a themed dinner!
Quick, which president signed off on upping the penalty for unlawful record removal from one year to five? His own justice dept wouldn't take up the chance to go after some woman over some emails behid that.
One could say this man commits the best felonies.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:15 PM   #573
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Quick, which president signed off on upping the penalty for unlawful record removal from one year to five? His own justice dept wouldn't take up the chance to go after some woman over some emails behid that.
One could say this man commits the best felonies.
45 has entered the "find out" phase
Old 08-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #574
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Make something a felony.
Do said thing myself
Plead the 5th

Who am I?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:15 PM   #575
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Anyone ready to talk about it yet?

And I write too!
Old 09-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #576
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Anyone ready to talk about it yet?
I'm not really sure what it is but I'm not going to lie- I hate this shit now.

Two uncomprehending masses of imbeciles pushing the country to the precipice and each pointing at each other and saying, "no, u."

Yeah, one group's worse for the country than the other but neither is genuinely interested in the betterment of the country for those who most need it. Everyone just wants to get theirs.

Sometimes, I don't recognize the people around me. They genuinely see me as a problem, as their enemy. I see flashes of hatred in their eyes and I get to see their work quality decline after a major GOP announcement.

Water and food are going to be big deals in the future and it feels like no one cares. Gavin Newsom hasn't done anything to help California with regard to agriculture's impact on water, and there are six other states and Mexico that are going to suffer until California actually reduces its drain on the Colorado River. The Central Valley and Delta areas are still going to suffer subsidence and saltwater infiltration if flows aren't changed and groundwater isn't protected.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:24 AM   #577
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Water and food are going to be big deals in the future and it feels like no one cares. Gavin Newsom hasn't done anything to help California with regard to agriculture's impact on water, and there are six other states and Mexico that are going to suffer until California actually reduces its drain on the Colorado River. The Central Valley and Delta areas are still going to suffer subsidence and saltwater infiltration if flows aren't changed and groundwater isn't protected.
On the water front, I wonder why desalination is not a heavily pushed thing yet. It's not new. It works. Is it costs? Political/propaganda driven reasons??
Old 09-08-2022, 05:47 PM   #578
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
On the water front, I wonder why desalination is not a heavily pushed thing yet. It's not new. It works. Is it costs? Political/propaganda driven reasons??
I'm of the opinion that desalination is kind of a Rube Goldberg solution. Sure, it is a thing, but at what energy cost? Will the process and utter ACTIVITY behind desalination do anything to assist with the challenges of the thirst of the second largest city in the nation being in the goddamn desert? We obviously can't UN-plan LA but is desalination really worth it in the end?

And I write too!
Old 09-08-2022, 06:27 PM   #579
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
It requires a lot of resources and ENERGY, which is in limited supply thanks to a combination of anti-nuclear, pro-electric car propaganda, and lack of water (for hydroelectric), just like the age-old saying, "you need water to make water." ��

The simplest (partial) solution would be to further incentivize solar panel installations, drought-resistant landscaping, and pull water rights from bottled water companies, but there's no money in it for the politicians �� aww, sad.

This 2035 death date of ICE is idiotic. The amount of infrastructure bolstering required to support that much energy demand is mind-boggling. The state hasn't even finished updating the 1 mile stretch of business 80 through downtown Sacramento in 13 years, how the fuck do they think they're gonna fortify the grid and generate enough power to meet the needs of 10 million (let's say 1/4 the population switch over) EV drivers in that amount of time?! Only chance they have is driving enough of the population out of the state by making over-reaching policies that the current infrastructure with a couple new bells and whistles is enough.

I love California, but this EV shit plus the invasive smog testing bullshit is really pushing it towards a virtue signaling faux-environmentalist capitalist hellscape.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:59 AM   #580
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Desal also has two problems with the byproduct: heat and brine. The entire West Coast is having issues with rising intertidal ocean temperatures and the resulting lower dissolved oxygen levels causing fish die-offs and bacteria/algae blooms, which further lowers the dissolved oxygen levels. If you add heat, you obviously increase temperatures, and if you increase salinity, you also lower dissolved oxygen levels.

Phlip, if you're talking about LA being in the desert, LA's not. LA's Mediterranean and hasn't even hit the semi-arid classification yet. It'd be in a lot better shape if there was a push for marshland at the base of the hills north of LA but they're wealthy enclaves and the thought of increasing surface permeation where there could be a boutique vajazzling store has the city councils in a tizzy.

Nestle "only" uses about 3,069 acre-feet of water per year in all its CA operations from water bottling through any food product production; the Imperial Irrigation District allocates 3.5 million acre-feet of Colorado River water through the Imperial Valley and if you drive through Westmorland/Rockwood/Calipatria/Niland, you'll see that water goes toward a ridiculous amount of alfalfa and leaves the earth white with dissolved salts that eventually join with fertilizers in the New River and feed the Salton Sea with more effluents.

To put that into perspective, Palm Springs uses the most water out of any SoCal city in terms of daily per capita usage, and uses 14,852 acre-feet per year. I use about 0.11 acre-feet per year on my property.

Beef and dairy production account for the lion's share of water usage, again due to alfalfa. Alfalfa itself is fairly drought-resistant, can go without water without large-scale die-off, and is nitrogen-fixing, but none of those things can overcome the sheer amount of it being grown in areas it was never meant to grow.
Old 09-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #581
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-lago-00057805

That surely isn't going the way it was intended

And I write too!
Old 09-21-2022, 08:03 AM   #582
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Deolio you are almost there with your solution, but as KA mentioned, it really is California agriculture that is consuming the majority of the water in the West. If you took all the water away from all of the cities in the west and left agriculture alone, you would still be losing water on the Colorado river/reservoirs. Unfortunately it doesn't look like California is going to take any steps quick enough to stop a major catastrophe on the river, which needs to happen. And as KA alluded to, its all a political game of finger pointing.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:03 PM   #583
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Not just CA ag... but CA ag does get preferential treatment and it's unfair to the other six states plus Mexico.

AZ still has a fucking cotton industry. Fucksake, cotton in the desert?

Literally every state in the upper and lower basins has ag that they don't need. This is something that the United States gov't should have realized and should have offered subsidies/tax breaks for companies willing to try to grow in the South where water is still plentiful. The market cannot correct these issues, the issues need government intervention because it's rapidly coming to a head.

This is a national problem, not a Colorado River Basin problem. We feed the country in the winter- if the Southwest cuts back on production, food prices go up across the board in the middle of an inflationary period. There needs to be some direction and I'm just not seeing it.

What are the costs that need to be passed on to farmers if the courts decide water rights are absolutely set in stone? If we can't force farmers to change their water usage, how do we make it painful in other ways? Is there a reason why farmers aren't paying a watershed pollution fee? A soil subsidence fee based on number and depth of wells as well as average yearly subsidence in that county? A saltwater infiltration fee for farmers causing delta issues? A permit and fine system for farmers who burn their waste and create air quality problems?

Water is becoming an issue around the world. That the United States is this far behind is stupid.
Old 11-14-2022, 07:42 AM   #584
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The claims of fraud and "stolen elections" on the rotting carcass of Twitter have been fun to see.

And I write too!
Old 11-16-2022, 11:25 AM   #585
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Not surprising at at all, but the big orange clown announcing he's going to run in 2024 is hilarious. It'll be interesting to see just how desperate the Republican party is.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #586
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Pretty funny how right after the election the FTX-Ukraine-Dem fraud comes to light, no education loan forgiveness, and mass tech layoffs.

What ever did happen with the super top secret documents Trump stole? LoL
Old 11-16-2022, 01:20 PM   #587
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Not surprising at at all, but the big orange clown announcing he's going to run in 2024 is hilarious. It'll be interesting to see just how desperate the Republican party is.
hopefully it splits the party and they crumble even more.

ALSO,

hoping that biden does not run for a second term. We need someone competent and progressive for a change.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:21 PM   #588
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Pretty funny how right after the election the FTX-Ukraine-Dem fraud comes to light, no education loan forgiveness, and mass tech layoffs.

well they're super top secret, so. . . . its not like they're going to get published any time soon.

Trump announcing his candidacy kind of throws a wrench in the works of any potential prosecution (aka the justice dept needs to grow a pair and charge him, well in advance of the election cycle)

Quote:
Old 11-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #589
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post

ALSO,

hoping that biden does not run for a second term. We need someone competent and progressive for a change.
Perfect chance for the dems to put Yang on the ticket. He is young, energized, and relatable in regards to issues that both sides of the fence can agree on.

If Biden runs again, ill vote for him, but extremely begrudgingly.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:57 PM   #590
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtdream View Post
Perfect chance for the dems to put Yang on the ticket. He is young, energized, and relatable in regards to issues that both sides of the fence can agree on.

yang has no actual policy, as was demonstrated when he got his ass handed to him in NY. Hes not progressive by a longshot.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall

Quote:
Old 11-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #591
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtdream View Post

You must've been in a bunker for the last 3 years if you're talking about Andrew Yang unless he's running Republican. The guy who said Israel is right in doing what they're doing to Palestenians.

Bum couldn't even get elected in NY. He has been saying some of the most out of pocket shit, and then the whole thing about starting a new party with a couple of republicans.

how did that work out?
Old 11-18-2022, 08:00 AM   #592
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The fact is that neither party has any particularly attractive candidates. Years of Boomers refusing to acknowledge the simple existence of life expectancy has us all beholden to corrupt half-dead politicians fucking a world they will soon not have to live in.
DeSantis will probably get the GOP nomination once they sit back and accurately assess what prevented the expected so-called "red wave" from materializing.
Meanwhile, no such a Gen-X'er is coming out of the left.

And I write too!
Old 11-18-2022, 08:13 AM   #593
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
You must've been in a bunker for the last 3 years if you're talking about Andrew Yang unless he's running Republican. The guy who said Israel is right in doing what they're doing to Palestenians.

Bum couldn't even get elected in NY. He has been saying some of the most out of pocket shit, and then the whole thing about starting a new party with a couple of republicans.

how did that work out?
There's what feels like a huge gulf between Yang on paper and Yang in person. He says a lot of right things on paper but then he'll open his mouth in an interview and everyone just goes, "what the actual fuck."

The Democrats have a big problem with liberals and progressives. Liberals are ruining the country and progressives need to focus their efforts to actually see progress.

I want to see it. I want to be able to vote for a progressive who picks their battles and has actual plans in place to deal with the incredible stalemates in what seems like every single political arena.

But I don't see it from anyone. Instead they have these grandiose plans for revamping everything; I don't want them to revamp everything because I know it's bullshit. I want them to make meaningful progress on something.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:36 PM   #594
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post

how did that work out?
Hey, thanks for saying that. Guess I didn't know as much about him as I should have. Will probably look more into him then.
Old 11-18-2022, 02:26 PM   #595
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Desantis vs Trump is going to be an interesting battle. If Desantis gets the nod, no way Trump is backing him. Trump might tell his base not to go vote in the election like he did before.

To Phlip's point, the Dems needs someone to point to other than Biden. The man is 79 and at times can barely form a coherent sentence.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:05 AM   #596
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Oh hey, there were consequences for the rise of the term "groomer" by bigots and idiots hell-bent on following a semi-official narrative that gay and transgender people are, simply by virtue of being who they are, immoral.

Who would have thought that demonizing and dehumanizing people would have a negative result? Not me. I was shocked, shocked I say.

Go ahead and look up the political affiliation of the Colorado Springs (El Paso County) DA. Hell, look up news stories about the county's court system. It's not uncommon to see them.

Everyone talks about bettering the country, but it all starts with the efficient and economical redress of grievances and our court system has been broken for decades (centuries?) now.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:42 AM   #597
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Meanwhile, no such a Gen-X'er is coming out of the left.
Gretchen Whitmer*

* She's shown no interest and I still doubt the country is willing to accept a female president
Old 11-24-2022, 09:50 AM   #598
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post

ALSO,

haha yeah how about ANOTHER old racist white guy who cant finish a sentence

better yet, just elect uncle fester fetterman, quite possibly the only other human on earth who surpasses joe
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:30 PM   #599
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Judge Cannon got bitch slapped yesterday for being in the pocket (or outside of her jurisdiction, pick one), effectively removing cuffs she tried to put on the DOJ. Naturally, we can expect TFG to appeal to the Supreme Court but let us not forget what happened last time he tried that in this case.
We're reaching a point where the Federal Judiciary is well aware that he is trying to run out the clock and evermore increasingly here lately they are not having it.

Meanwhile, Kari Lake got her whole legal team sanctioned for her own election denials.

And I write too!
Old 12-03-2022, 08:24 PM   #600
Future240
Future Moderator

Herschel Walker is one of the most ignorant human beings I've heard speak.