Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #19801
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Hello gentlebros,
Can someone please measure the inner diameter of a KA flywheel for me? Or alternatively, measure the crankshaft nose, as shown below. It does not need to be precise.
Much obliged.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #19802
Arrowking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Arrowking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone know the dimensions/size of the two orings that seal the power steering banjo to the pump on a SR/DE pump?

I think they are the ones shown in the top left product picture here: http://www.frsport.com/Gates-348870-...E_p_29460.html
Arrowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #19803
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
Interesting, I never even thought about it, I guess knowing vacuum would be useful as well. I feel stupid now
I'm in the same place man lol where did you hook it up to?
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:34 PM   #19804
Sidwayz

Trader Rating: (0)
Sidwayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14

Anyone know what's going on with my rear subframe bushing? Doesn't look right

Sidwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #19805
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
your shit is broke and you need new shit...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:03 AM   #19806
Squirr3L

Squirr3L is an unknown quantity at this point
While replacing belts on my KA24DE, I noticed that my a/c idler puller has slight play/wobble if I wiggle it. Replaced it with a new continental brand pulley today and the wobble is still in play. I tested this by using two finger at 12 and 6 o'clock position on the pulley after torquing it to bracket. It is designed to have some play? Common sense tell me pulley should be solid once mounted. Maybe my bracket or mounting hardwares are causing the play?
Thanks!
Squirr3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:12 AM   #19807
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Well if the pulley bearing was COMPLETELY solid it would wear itself out. it really depends on how much play is in the bearing. can you measure it?
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #19808
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
do you guys use any finisher to reblack or shine the oem "leather" interior?
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #19809
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Question because early 2000's Zilvia can't make up its damn mind.

The J30 diffs from 95-97 just bolt in right? with the s13 cover on and all that.

does the driveshaft need to be shortened or whatever, because if so Ima leave the open diff in.

Just thought I'd pick one up if I saw it for cheap, car will be a daily, so its not real serious
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #19810
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Is the check valve between the brake booster and intake manifold necessary with any engine setup? I can only assume that it is, but i want to make absolutely sure before i order lines and fittings.

This is on a 1JZ BTW

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-26-2016, 06:16 PM   #19811
Squirr3L

Squirr3L is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
Well if the pulley bearing was COMPLETELY solid it would wear itself out. it really depends on how much play is in the bearing. can you measure it?
The bearing has roughly .5mm of play. Seems pretty small, maybe I'm just paranoid.
Squirr3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #19812
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Question because early 2000's Zilvia can't make up its damn mind.

The J30 diffs from 95-97 just bolt in right? with the s13 cover on and all that.

does the driveshaft need to be shortened or whatever, because if so Ima leave the open diff in.

Just thought I'd pick one up if I saw it for cheap, car will be a daily, so its not real serious
just go find yourself an S15 HLSD with output shafts and call it a day. it never wears out and uses your OE S13 ring gear and pinion.

but if you REALLY want to use VLSD, you need to swap covers i believe and shorten one of the shafts. though i dont see why OE 6 bolt open diff shafts wouldnt work given all R200 rear ends are 29 spline (outside of S15 and R34 GTST HLSDs which are 30 spline)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #19813
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
just go find yourself an S15 HLSD with output shafts and call it a day. it never wears out and uses your OE S13 ring gear and pinion.

but if you REALLY want to use VLSD, you need to swap covers i believe and shorten one of the shafts. though i dont see why OE 6 bolt open diff shafts wouldnt work given all R200 rear ends are 29 spline (outside of S15 and R34 GTST HLSDs which are 30 spline)

Thanks man, was tempted to get an HLSD, but we will see. Right now it is really just an opportunity thing, like if i see one for sale or at the yard or whatever. I"d rather not have to shorten the driveline or whatever.

Actually just thought about it, and the old threads are being silly. Cant you just swap in the diff and axles into your pumpkin with a vlsd , just like you would an HLSD or a 2-way diff? If the 95-97 J30"s really do use the same output shafts ,then you should be able to swap em over.
I should have figured that before i asked.
This may or may not be what im doing, i just wanted to make sure i knew about whats involved.

Thanks man
Old 05-27-2016, 12:57 AM   #19814
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
Is the check valve between the brake booster and intake manifold necessary with any engine setup? I can only assume that it is, but i want to make absolutely sure before i order lines and fittings.

This is on a 1JZ BTW

Sent from my iPhone
I'd say so. I'd be willing to bet that you could damage a diaphragm in there pushing some boost to it.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #19815
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Is the superdoof kit and the Dmax Type 3 kit exactly the same? It looks the same, am I missing something?
Old 05-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #19816
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
I'd say so. I'd be willing to bet that you could damage a diaphragm in there pushing some boost to it.

Ok, that's what i was thinking. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Is the superdoof kit and the Dmax Type 3 kit exactly the same? It looks the same, am I missing something?

It's actually like an inch lower than the actual dmax kit. The design was based heavily on dmax type 3 though.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #19817
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Hey guys if I were to paint my intercooler piping black to make them more inconspicuous what kind would I go with? I don't want them to attract more heat then they should.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #19818
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Hey guys if I were to paint my intercooler piping black to make them more inconspicuous what kind would I go with? I don't want them to attract more heat then they should.
if you want inconspicuous, you could always go SMIC haha
Old 05-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #19819
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Yeah I know haha but Im looking for some gains man
Old 05-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #19820
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Anyone know the size of the stock rear lower strut mount bolt? The bolt that mounts the bottom of the strut to the knuckle.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #19821
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Yeah I know haha but Im looking for some gains man
You could also go hmic
Old 05-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #19822
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Huge ass gap between hood and head lights. Any way to fix this? I got the seal but I don't think it would cover this huge gap.

Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:28 PM   #19823
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
does anyone know a part number for this heater core hose? or the size of it?
Old 05-30-2016, 11:42 PM   #19824
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhd View Post
does anyone know a part number for this heater core hose? or the size of it?
Someone knows, but you could also measure the size of the metal tube it goes on
Old 06-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #19825
Drose
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Drose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My triple projectors didn't come with the bulb adapters for the low beam(H1). What are my options on getting that piece or wiring without it?
Drose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #19826
black'N'proud
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
black'N'proud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
When checking the timing on a sr20det, I know Im supposed to use the first coil pack (cylinder one) but which of the three wires on that connect to the coil pack do I hook the timing gun to, or is it supposed to go around all three wires? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:20 PM   #19827
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
There's a timing loop on the back of the coilpack harness, that's what you're supposed to use.

A lot of people find that it doesn't work very well, though. It's easier to take the bottom boot off the coilpack, run a spark plug wire to it, and then hook the spark plug up that way. Then just put timing gun lead on that plug wire.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #19828
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Car falls on its face in every gear past first when I use more than half throttle. New plugs, wires, dizzy, fuel pump, checked all the fuses, checked all the wiring, I'm stuck.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #19829
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do the spark plug wire . Go to the junk yard and get one if u don't have one laying around make sure it's gonna track the plug tho
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #19830
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece View Post
car falls on its face in every gear past first when i use more than half throttle. New plugs, wires, dizzy, fuel pump, checked all the fuses, checked all the wiring, i'm stuck.
mafs?
Tps?