Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #1651
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Whoa whoa whoa.

First, you have a 'vert.

Second, this dude has been on the scene for a long, long time and his builds were always name-brand-heavy and clean. He takes pictures and covers shows and Japanese events/shops so you don't have to go. He's providing a service for which he should be paid and has created a brand based on that service. He's not some IG famewhore with bullet lugnuts posting pics of his vape clouds in front of a beat-ass S-chassis wrapped with the newest flavor-of-the-week color trying to sell rip-off vaporwave-inspired tees to a group of knockoff-Supreme-wearing hypebeast punkasses listening to Lil Nas X while nursing a Xanax addiction.
Lol, buying name brand parts just to park a car at a show.

The equivalent of a keto gluten free vegan Whole Foods shopper that's morbidly obese
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2019, 01:42 PM   #1652
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
How about instead of e-blowing this dude, you be an individual? Who gives a fuck what he has on his cars that sit stationary in climate controlled rooms and transport trailers? Support the dudes who share the same passion that shred their cars, rebuild and then shred again on repeat [unless you're a show car kid which in that case, you and that weird fuck who builds hand puppets can DM eachother how much cream you've collected looking at Wekfest pictures].
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #1653
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Lol, buying name brand parts just to park a car at a show.

The equivalent of a keto gluten free vegan Whole Foods shopper that's morbidly obese
What I was saying is that he supported the real ones. The companies that had R&D departments and that contributed to the betterment of our cars, not the companies that ripped off those companies. Note: if someone made a new, high-quality reproduction of a discontinued product, they're one of the real ones.

I'm not going to support dudes who shred their cars just because they're out driving them. It means nothing to go out there- I used to do HPDEs with some shit drivers in nice cars. OMG look, he's trying. He's enjoying himself.

Damn this got really opinionated on my end and I'm starting to sound like an old man yelling at a cloud.

If you were going to build a tribute to Koguchi's 180SX, would you build a tribute to his black 180SX or his green one?
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:48 PM   #1654
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Spent the weekend at Laguna Seca Historics. First time going there in 20 years (sounds weird saying that) and I gotta say, that shit was rad as fuck. Makes me wonder if drift cars will ever have a place in it. I can totally imagine some day in the future seeing Forsberg's z33, Millen's GTO, and Gitten's Falken Mustang ripping around the track... Not that those would be my preferred choices, but I fell like they'd be the most likely.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #1655
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
They'll never be there because drifting isn't a timed competition and because the Historics are so choosy.

It'll be up to people like us to organize smaller, less formal events- even if we have no choice but to hold them at lesser tracks.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #1656
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Makes me wonder if drift cars will ever have a place in it.
...It's drifting.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #1657
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
They'll never be there because drifting isn't a timed competition and because the Historics are so choosy.

It'll be up to people like us to organize smaller, less formal events- even if we have no choice but to hold them at lesser tracks.
People like us will be running historic events some day. Hell, the dude who was putting on events when I first started drifting is the race director at CSRG (classic sports racing group) now. We're half way there already!

I just don't think the next generation will be so discriminatory. Over the years, drifting has been at various racing events. FD Sonoma used to take place during NASCAR weekend. FD Long Beach takes place the week before Indycar. FD ATL takes place during Global Time Attack or something. And Grid Life has a drift run group. I think there's a way to work it in there...
Old 08-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #1658
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
What I was saying is that he supported the real ones. The companies that had R&D departments and that contributed to the betterment of our cars, not the companies that ripped off those companies. Note: if someone made a new, high-quality reproduction of a discontinued product, they're one of the real ones.

I'm not going to support dudes who shred their cars just because they're out driving them. It means nothing to go out there- I used to do HPDEs with some shit drivers in nice cars. OMG look, he's trying. He's enjoying himself.

Damn this got really opinionated on my end and I'm starting to sound like an old man yelling at a cloud.

If you were going to build a tribute to Koguchi's 180SX, would you build a tribute to his black 180SX or his green one?
Black one, but I wouldn't do it either because we idolize KP and the fucking hoods can't even be made to fit nicely.

I guess a lot of this depends on who you think is 'real'. I understand your description, totally...but it's my personal belief that if you're building your car to stunt on others you're probably a fake motherfucker anyway. I've made friends, watched friends, and then lost friends that swore they were in it for the 'love of the game' but slowly succumbed to the social media thing. It's not like I got all righteous and had a blowout fight with these people, we just gradually drifted apart. I got tired of being (jokingly) accused of the same shit too.

I'm constantly catching shit for buying and selling cars, but with the exception of an FRS in 2013 it's always been SChassis cars. I feel like people move on when the buzz fades, even if they swear that's not the motivation. These Wekfest shows are just on another level. Cars have to be hermetically vacuum-sealed in terms of cleanliness to compete with the next guy...but it's the same thing: let me look at you looking at my car whilst masturbating to the attention. I feel like he's accusing them of the same things Wekfest is guilty of, but just at a lower level. Does that make sense?

Oh well. 29 going on 57 over here.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #1659
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Only in the 240 community
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #1660
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Millen's GTO is sitting in a Chevrolet dealership in East Providence, RI if you ever want to see it. I doubt it'll move from it's current resting spot. Just like I doubt your dreams will ever be reality.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #1661
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Black one, but I wouldn't do it either because we idolize KP and the fucking hoods can't even be made to fit nicely.

I guess a lot of this depends on who you think is 'real'. I understand your description, totally...but it's my personal belief that if you're building your car to stunt on others you're probably a fake motherfucker anyway. I've made friends, watched friends, and then lost friends that swore they were in it for the 'love of the game' but slowly succumbed to the social media thing. It's not like I got all righteous and had a blowout fight with these people, we just gradually drifted apart. I got tired of being (jokingly) accused of the same shit too.

I'm constantly catching shit for buying and selling cars, but with the exception of an FRS in 2013 it's always been SChassis cars. I feel like people move on when the buzz fades, even if they swear that's not the motivation. These Wekfest shows are just on another level. Cars have to be hermetically vacuum-sealed in terms of cleanliness to compete with the next guy...but it's the same thing: let me look at you looking at my car whilst masturbating to the attention. I feel like he's accusing them of the same things Wekfest is guilty of, but just at a lower level. Does that make sense?

Oh well. 29 going on 57 over here.
I don't think I've ever seen a KP hood in person. I was out of going to drift events and car shows before his hoods crossed the pond in any meaningful way. I only want one because it's part of the package- fitment be damned. I have a really, really good 'glass guy working for me so he can fix the fitment with zero issues. I've been looking for a really good 'glass guy and now I have one working in my paint department.

It's not even about Koguchi as a person, but how impactful that car was on me as I got into S-chassis "life." If I had a big enough picture, I'd have had it on my wall back in '04/05. I'd probably still have it on my wall in my shop. That car looked so perfect sideways with the tires just kissing the fenders and letting off little wisps of smoke that it heavily influenced my emotional investment in S-chassis.

I keep trying to chase the dragon of building a car and I've never had more fun, or been more invested, than in my S13 coupe. The directions I could've gone were endless until it became a track car. I'm going to sell my Touareg, my Range Rover Classic and my E30 and focus on a street S-chassis build. It makes no sense, as the direction I'm going professionally in both my main hustle and my side hustle is Euro, but S-chassis life is the good life. I just drove my clapped-out hatch to Willow Springs, did a day of filming in 100+ degree weather, drove down to LA, did more filming and drove back to SD with zero problems.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #1662
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:

It's not even about Koguchi as a person, but how impactful that car was on me as I got into S-chassis "life." If I had a big enough picture, I'd have had it on my wall back in '04/05. I'd probably still have it on my wall in my shop. That car looked so perfect sideways with the tires just kissing the fenders and letting off little wisps of smoke that it heavily influenced my emotional investment in S-chassis.
...I mean u not wrong doe...

I just wish that for what they're charging, and how long they've been making them, that they fit better.

Dude I think I'll always have at least one. S15 life is really good and it distances me from the S13s but at this point I don't even know if I could sell my S13s without instantly regretting whatever the buyer does to it after they've owned it for a few months. The money isn't worth it to me..yet.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:25 AM   #1663
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
I just wish that for what they're charging, and how long they've been making them, that they fit better.
I got mine like 3 or 4 years ago and fitment was whack as fuck. But i bought it for the same reason though. Just a massive influence on me as a teenager so i had to do it. Completed the look for me.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:10 PM   #1664
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
That car looked so perfect sideways with the tires just kissing the fenders and letting off little wisps of smoke that it heavily influenced my emotional investment in S-chassis.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #1665
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

That'd be it.

My wife's trying to talk me into keeping the hatch I just bought. I'm not sure, because I would only want to keep it to build into a Japanese-style grassroots drifter with good fitment and legit aero and that shit's not cheap.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:46 AM   #1666
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
That'd be it.

My wife's trying to talk me into keeping the hatch I just bought. I'm not sure, because I would only want to keep it to build into a Japanese-style grassroots drifter with good fitment and legit aero and that shit's not cheap.
My wife says the same thing about my car in the US...but lately I've been thinking about selling both 13s. I'd like to see how my career turns out and then get another S15...

..but who knows I'll probably continue to hoard them.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:18 AM   #1667
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I don't think I could have two of the same car..even an S15 I think would just be too similar to my s14. If I didn't have my s14 I probably would have bought a ZN6.

I drive my s14 when I feel like driving a fast tin can and I drive my IS when I've had enough back pain, carbon monoxide and high blood pressure from scraping everywhere.

I need variety in the cars I own.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #1668
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

I currently have seven cars, with two "duplicates," although I'd say my track coupe and my hatch might as well be from different planets.

Variety is the spice of life but sometimes we stop at "makes us happy." I'm perfectly fine owning nineteen S13s as long as they all make me happy, just like I want a stock-ish coupe and a stock-ish convertible E36 M3 to complete my lineup along with another sedan with an S54 swap and full 318iS Class II kit. I find things that are fun and familiar and proceed to tailor them to my likes and wants.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #1669
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I don't think I could have two of the same car..even an S15 I think would just be too similar to my s14. If I didn't have my s14 I probably would have bought a ZN6.

I drive my s14 when I feel like driving a fast tin can and I drive my IS when I've had enough back pain, carbon monoxide and high blood pressure from scraping everywhere.

I need variety in the cars I own.
I used to think that. I'd love an NA Miata one day, too...but S15s (at least the SpecR) tick all the boxes for me. The first SpecS I had was a rattlebox. I didn't do my research when it came to structural differences between the S15 models. At any rate, getting a car in a different color would be enough for me. I'd love to get an AT SpecR but they don't come up often.

The nostalgia of the S13s is what keeps me from selling them. I'm sure my hatch in the US is better than I remember...and this idea gives me hope lol.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #1670
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
I used to think that. I'd love an NA Miata one day, too...but S15s (at least the SpecR) tick all the boxes for me. The first SpecS I had was a rattlebox. I didn't do my research when it came to structural differences between the S15 models. At any rate, getting a car in a different color would be enough for me. I'd love to get an AT SpecR but they don't come up often.

The nostalgia of the S13s is what keeps me from selling them. I'm sure my hatch in the US is better than I remember...and this idea gives me hope lol.
How does an s15 compare to a zn6? Its seems like they would feel somewhat similar in terms of build quality and driving characteristics.

I don't know about you guys, but as I got older I felt the need to get something more "adult" if that makes sense. So I got an IS300 for a cheap, fun daily but of course it now has gold buddy club wheels, coilovers, JDM bumper and a Greddy exhaust. It's slow, but still way more fun than the Cruze I had previously. I probably won't own another s-chassis, but I will always have a hand in the golden era of japanese cars.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:07 AM   #1671
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
How does an s15 compare to a zn6? Its seems like they would feel somewhat similar in terms of build quality and driving characteristics.

I don't know about you guys, but as I got older I felt the need to get something more "adult" if that makes sense. So I got an IS300 for a cheap, fun daily but of course it now has gold buddy club wheels, coilovers, JDM bumper and a Greddy exhaust. It's slow, but still way more fun than the Cruze I had previously. I probably won't own another s-chassis, but I will always have a hand in the golden era of japanese cars.
That's actually what I stacked the S15 up against. I had a ZN6 for a little bit and my only gripe was the torque dip. It didn't need to be anything more than it was...but that being said if the S15 was available in the US why wouldn't you get the car with a turbo for the price?

The S15 feels 'just as new' as the FRS to me. I think this is because I've never really had a car newer than '93 until the FRS. I have zero regrets paying a little extra for a clean, low-km SpecR.

I think the whole "growing out of cars" largely has to do with style. I don't know what your style is, but I think that anyone can have any manner of S-Chassis and if it's styled right no one will think it's not 'adult'. If some adult-aged person is a die hard 'golden era' dude with big ass wheels, roll call stickers, and rubberband tires I can agree that they might be perceived differently. It's a call the driver has to make. If you're 100% into it you won't care, but if you're looking for a reason to move on and you don't want to style your car differently then you've kind of put yourself into a box. A lot of people feel this societal pressure to get over the car thing. I just don't understand it...yet.

Fuck man I'm even having second thoughts about putting an exhaust on my car and even if I do it will probably be something quiet. The drop, wheels, and factory aero don't really make the car look less adult to me. I think it's just right.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #1672
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
keep factory exhaust and do cutout! getting ready to put headers on the minivan!!! lol my personal taste has evolved and i think its more to do with people learning who they are and what their real passion is...kids helped me move to a different path with modifying slower and more reliably than just 10 min lets get 500 hp type attitude...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #1673
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen a KP hood in person. I was out of going to drift events and car shows before his hoods crossed the pond in any meaningful way. I only want one because it's part of the package- fitment be damned. I have a really, really good 'glass guy working for me so he can fix the fitment with zero issues. I've been looking for a really good 'glass guy and now I have one working in my paint department.

I keep trying to chase the dragon of building a car and I've never had more fun, or been more invested, than in my S13 coupe. The directions I could've gone were endless until it became a track car. I'm going to sell my Touareg, my Range Rover Classic and my E30 and focus on a street S-chassis build. It makes no sense, as the direction I'm going professionally in both my main hustle and my side hustle is Euro, but S-chassis life is the good life. I just drove my clapped-out hatch to Willow Springs, did a day of filming in 100+ degree weather, drove down to LA, did more filming and drove back to SD with zero problems.
Just buy a vehicle and stop fantasizing
keioffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:29 PM   #1674
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Heard this is where washed Zilvia bosses go? Hi i'm here
iwishiwas-all* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #1675
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think the whole "growing out of cars" largely has to do with style. I don't know what your style is, but I think that anyone can have any manner of S-Chassis and if it's styled right no one will think it's not 'adult'. If some adult-aged person is a die hard 'golden era' dude with big ass wheels, roll call stickers, and rubberband tires I can agree that they might be perceived differently. It's a call the driver has to make. If you're 100% into it you won't care, but if you're looking for a reason to move on and you don't want to style your car differently then you've kind of put yourself into a box. A lot of people feel this societal pressure to get over the car thing. I just don't understand it...yet.

Fuck man I'm even having second thoughts about putting an exhaust on my car and even if I do it will probably be something quiet. The drop, wheels, and factory aero don't really make the car look less adult to me. I think it's just right.
My style has never been really over the top so it's not so much the look of the car for me as it is how the car functions. The cabin noise, exhaust noise, exhaust fumes and the constant plight of not scraping are things that I just have little patience with these days. I've been slowly working on addressing these issues. I've done things like raise the car up, changed the exhaust to a HKS sport, added a resonator, installed the OEM fender liners, etc. It's a slow process and sometimes I feel like the car is just too far modified.

If you keep it simple then there's less things that will annoy you later on lol

Example:
Old 08-29-2019, 07:31 PM   #1676
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
My style has never been really over the top so it's not so much the look of the car for me as it is how the car functions. The cabin noise, exhaust noise, exhaust fumes and the constant plight of not scraping are things that I just have little patience with these days. I've been slowly working on addressing these issues. I've done things like raise the car up, changed the exhaust to a HKS sport, added a resonator, installed the OEM fender liners, etc. It's a slow process and sometimes I feel like the car is just too far modified.

Example:
this guy gets it. Not like most 240s out there are driveable anyway.
Man we're getting old. The older I get, the more mustangs that sound like barrels rolling down a hill (99.9%) bother me...
Old 08-29-2019, 09:06 PM   #1677
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:

Example:
*Good Example*
This has always been my approach.

I bought two significantly modified cars early on in my S-Chassis craze. I think they made me really appreciate stock cars. In the beginning I wanted to touch every inch of the car and make things better. Over time I learned that better is (more often than not) leaving shit alone. I always bought cars with the intention to drift or autocross...but whenever it came time to move beyond wheels and suspension bits I just found myself not motivated.

That's gotten worse over time, and now I look for (and pay a little more for) cars that have dealership records and are untouched.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:36 PM   #1678
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
This has always been my approach.

I bought two significantly modified cars early on in my S-Chassis craze. I think they made me really appreciate stock cars. In the beginning I wanted to touch every inch of the car and make things better. Over time I learned that better is (more often than not) leaving shit alone. I always bought cars with the intention to drift or autocross...but whenever it came time to move beyond wheels and suspension bits I just found myself not motivated.

That's gotten worse over time, and now I look for (and pay a little more for) cars that have dealership records and are untouched.
I got my car to a point where it was very easy to drive, looked great and was actually fast and reliable. I wasn't satisfied though. I wanted more response out of the suspension, wider wheels/tires, lower ride height, lower aero, etc. I just kept wanting more. You remember watching tha documentary on that one drug dealer that could have stopped after making his first 100 million, but kept going after bigger, more complicated goals which ultimately led to competing with rival gangs and a life of greed, tragedy and madness? I'm that guy with my 240.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:56 AM   #1679
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
Just buy a vehicle and stop fantasizing
I did, which is why my sig says I have two S-chassis. The problem is that I still have four other project cars to finish. So if I get it down to five cars and four projects, I'll have more time for the S-chassis build.

I also realized that I have a semi-built S13 coupe that's not going to have the engine swap and cage finalized for at least two more years. I could swap my complete suspension, big brakes, LSD, radiator, intake, header, ECU and TEs over to my hatch without having to spend anything other than gaskets, seals and fluids.

Not sure what I'm going to do there. I have a few months to figure it out while I finish/part out my other projects.

I feel you, spooled. I started with a fun street car on 15s, then went 17s, then went full-grip and the car became less and less a street car and more a compromised track car. So I took it off the street and started uncompromising it. Then I had a series of shit cars, and my fun street car is now my E36 M3, which is quick and handles well enough for me and entirely comfortable for 800 mile days. I think you could easily make a fast enough, fun enough street S-chassis with little effort in a state other than CA/ignoring CA smog laws.

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 08-30-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #1680
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
someone mentioned cabin noise above... funny thing is, since i replaced my hood bumpers, hatch bumpers, hatch weather stripping and sunroof trim along with my HKS Sports Exhaust, the cabin is SILENT!!! no rattles, no creeks, no clunks... NOTHING!!! i can drive on the fwy cruising at about 75mph in with my S13, SR20det, Yellowspeed coilovers, heim jointed control arms and have a 100% normal voice level conversation now! its like having a brand new fucking car!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell, ive driven brand new cars at work that have come in the shop and they had more road noise than my S13 does now.

point being is its amazing what happens with old cars when you go thru and start replacing all the worn out rubber. i have 2 pieces left to replace (the inner door/window trims), but im beyond amazed that my S13 now makes ZERO cabin noise. i never thought my S13 would be as quiet as it is and i am beyond happy

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote