Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
loveforanescape

Trader Rating: (0)
loveforanescape is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would response be lost with turbo adapter plate ?

Hello fellow zilvians ! Currently trying to make the decision if I should pull the trigger on a 3037 with a t25 flange. Now of course to adapt this to a t3 exhaust manifold I’ll be needing an adapter plate. T25 to T3.

Now would this affect any response or characteristic on the turbo?
Weary about the idea since I don’t know how it would behave in the real
World application. So would it be off of response or would it be ok and have no real noticeable effects ?
loveforanescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
wtf is an adapter

don't mess with t25 anything unless 400hp is max goal range sanity

use the right manifold/turbo flange, there are v-band solutions which might position turbine more appropriately and easier to access

this opinion is based on general rule of "not adding potential for additional leaks and misconfigurations".

It shouldn't be hard to get a good manifold today in this age
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #3
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
What engine? What mods? Garrett 3037? HKS 3037? Internal wastegate? External? Hard to help without all the information.

In any case, I too would pass on this turbo if it means having to use an adapter.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:24 PM   #4
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just do a trunk mount setup
Old 07-05-2019, 06:21 AM   #5
Ichi-Go
Leaky Injector

Ichi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymoreIchi-Go is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
What engine? What mods? Garrett 3037? HKS 3037? Internal wastegate? External? Hard to help without all the information.

In any case, I too would pass on this turbo if it means having to use an adapter.
Derass is correct we need more information.

The adapter would add another turbine gasket to blow and 4 more studs to loosen. Unless you are converting to a t25 manifold then I would recommend against this turbo with the adapter setup.

If you are running a T25 manifold then it depends on the turbo specs, how much boost you want to run, what goals you have, etc. If you want 600whp then don't buy it. If you want 300whp. It might be an awesome turbo depending on what it is.
Ichi-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:31 PM   #6
loveforanescape

loveforanescape is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry for the late reply guys , the turbo I’m looking at currently is an Hks gt3037 Pro s 56t with a 0.87 exhaust housing with no internal wastegate and a t25 flange. Would be going on my stock rb25 with some bolt on mods. Looking for around 350whp and good response. For future reference my max hp goal would be 450ish Whp.

I am put off on the adapter idea as ichi stated there’s another gasket to fail and other problems that could occur. Would be getting a t3 flanged exhaust manifold. Only reason I’m really interested in this particular turbo apart from me being an Hks fanboy lol it’s set at a good price for the turbo it is. But thank you for the input guys. Got some crucial points to think about now
loveforanescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:06 PM   #7
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
You mentioned a T3 tubular manifold. Stock position, or top-mount?

If it's stock position, the elbow and downpipe won't line up with the turbo if you're using an adapter. If it's top-mount, you might have to get a custom downpipe anyways.

But really, whether it's stock position or top-mount there are better turbo options for both.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote