Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #1681
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
zilviakids

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
^check the locking collars (unsure if i used the correct term)

Will the harbor freight valve spring compressor work with the valves springs in a KA motor?

it looks similar to:

reason why i ask is because; in the fsm, it shows a completely different type of valve spring compressor along with an adapter:

the head is already removed from the block, if that makes a difference.
im started to feel that zilvia is filled with a bunch of kids that just throw on bolt on parts...

can somebody answer my question
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #1682
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
im started to feel that zilvia is filled with a bunch of kids that just throw on bolt on parts...

The one in the FSM is the same as the snap-on one. Matco also makes a good one. The HF might work but will be incredibly more frustrating/difficult.

Here:
How to Build a 9000-rpm SR20DET Head
badicalradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #1683
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline240sx View Post
I am looking into the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust. My question is whats the difference between the Nur Spec and the Nur spec R? Or there the same? thanks
from what i remember, the Spec R has a smaller silencer pipe (or w/e its called)...compared to the Spec...

contact Blitz...?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #1684
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:

quit using Harbor Freight shit and buy real tools. or go to Autozone and rent the damn Snap-On spring compressor.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #1685
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Clutch pressure plate bolts...they reusable? or just get new ones?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #1686
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
aha that looks super nice

i checked it out and bolt pattern is 5x120, idk how that fits but apparently it does haha. is it a little loose cos i think the holes are significantly bigger than the studs

btw i'm pretty sure thatss the parking garage where the new-er kaiser hospital is in ontario lol am i right?
Mine fit perfectly fine, they are 5x114.3
heres a pic on another S14 before I bought them

and as for the location it was in a parking lot off haven ave.Close but no cigar my friend lol

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #1687
keeeban
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
keeeban is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Hey guys. I drive a stock '96 S14 and was cleaning my throttle body the other day and had to take my intake off. The problem is, when I put it back on, the screw/bolt that connects the intake to the fan disappeared.. -_-

So I wanted to know what mm size screw/bolt would fit so I can replace it?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #1688
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeeban View Post
Hey guys. I drive a stock '96 S14 and was cleaning my throttle body the other day and had to take my intake off. The problem is, when I put it back on, the screw/bolt that connects the intake to the fan disappeared.. -_-

Com'on...really.......its fucking plastic. Throw anything in there that fits or a little bigger and drive
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #1689
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zo0d is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How do you do, fellow Zilvians?

I'm in the process of installing an HID kit in my kouki (from fatboy garage). I've run into a slight problem though. Inside the housing there are 2 wires, a red which the original h1 bulb connects to and a black one which is located inside the housing. What am i supposed to do with these? Remove them from the cap?

Also, on the ballast it's self there are 2 wires which I can't find a place to connect to. It supposed to go into the factory harness plug, but it just doesn't fit. They are way to big to even come close to pluging into the factory harness plug.

wires I need help connecting are circled in red.

Any help is appreciated. (I know, what a NOOB. I need help installing HID's)
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #1690
keeeban
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc240 View Post
Com'on...really.......its fucking plastic. Throw anything in there that fits or a little bigger and drive
Of course. I was just curious about the size that fits.

Oh well, just gonna ziptie it anyways.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #1691
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
2 ?s
1. r there any clutch kits out there that includes everything like throwout bearing, pilot bushing, pressure plate and clutch disk?

2. a down pipe leads to ur exhuast right?(dont know too much about turbo, so i want to learn before i start my ka-det build)
Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #1692
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
ok i have no power inside the car; stereo, auto seatbelts, gauge cluster, head lamp..

what do you guys think?

anyone?

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #1693
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post

i reused mine, no problem

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #1694
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by badicalradical View Post
The one in the FSM is the same as the snap-on one. Matco also makes a good one. The HF might work but will be incredibly more frustrating/difficult.

Here:
How to Build a 9000-rpm SR20DET Head
thanks a bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
quit using Harbor Freight shit and buy real tools. or go to Autozone and rent the damn Snap-On spring compressor.
i dont have any harbor freight tools, all of mine are craftsman.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #1695
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
s13

OK I know Im about to get flammed for asking this and trust me I feel stupid for asking and yes I searched using the ever elusive search button......but how in the hell do you post pics or create a picture album?..........Let the flamming commence!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #1696
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8RPS13 View Post
OK I know Im about to get flammed for asking this and trust me I feel stupid for asking and yes I searched using the ever elusive search button......but how in the hell do you post pics or create a picture album?..........Let the flamming commence!
http://zilvia.net/premium.html
Old 05-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #1697
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
I'm sure the FSM probably says use new but I reuse mine always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeeban View Post

Its a 10mm hex head short shank screw I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo0d View Post
How do you do, fellow Zilvians?

I'm in the process of installing an HID kit in my kouki (from fatboy garage). I've run into a slight problem though. Inside the housing there are 2 wires, a red which the original h1 bulb connects to and a black one which is located inside the housing. What am i supposed to do with these? Remove them from the cap?

Also, on the ballast it's self there are 2 wires which I can't find a place to connect to. It supposed to go into the factory harness plug, but it just doesn't fit. They are way to big to even come close to pluging into the factory harness plug.

wires I need help connecting are circled in red.

Any help is appreciated. (I know, what a NOOB. I need help installing HID's)
Could be wrong but I'm assuming those should plug into your factory headlamp harness and should read signal when you turn your lights on thus relaying it to the ballast. There should be instructions included or try contacting Fatboy Garage for tech help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z28 View Post
2 ?s
1. r there any clutch kits out there that includes everything like throwout bearing, pilot bushing, pressure plate and clutch disk?

2. a down pipe leads to ur exhuast right?(dont know too much about turbo, so i want to learn before i start my ka-det build)
1. ALL clutch kit should come complete with everything you listed. Also Higher end such as a hyper single, twin plate, or triple plate come with their own flywheel.

2. Yes, downpipe connects the O2 housing/turbo outlet to the cat/catback exhaust.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #1698
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
anyone?
And what have you been through so far? Does the car start? Headlamps?

Ruled anything out?

More info needed.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #1699
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
s13

Thansk man! I thought that might be the case, but thet mods should add in the FAQ's that you must be a premium member to post albums and pictures not just a member.

Quote:
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #1700
keeeban
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badicalradical View Post

Its a 10mm hex head short shank screw I believe.
Thank you very much!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #1701
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wen ever i think of a part i always forget wat brand make them and i know this is pathetic but i just want an oe clutch kit to make my car drivable.. with the clutch petal pressed to the floor i can still accelerate
Old 05-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #1702
rage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rage
sounds more like a slave cylinder
rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #1703
sqd
Leaky Injector

sqd is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have or know where I can get the measurements for Work VS-XX lips? I want to create a thread asking, but I don't really know in what section :P

This is what I'm after:
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #1704
t.vo408

t.vo408 is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you guys use to block off the recirc tube on a stock sr20 intake?
t.vo408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #1705
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z28 View Post
wen ever i think of a part i always forget wat brand make them and i know this is pathetic but i just want an oe clutch kit to make my car drivable.. with the clutch petal pressed to the floor i can still accelerate
Do you have any sort of pedal pressure? How does shifting feel? Might need to adjust the pedal itself. On the clutch pedal assembly you'll find a fork bracket connecting to the pedal and the shaft connecting it to the master. Loosen the lock nut on the shaft and try rotating it counter clockwise and give it a feel and repeat until you like the feel. A small adjustment goes a long way though so do a bit at a time.

A good OE replacement clutch is exedy.

This might be your problem might not.

Just basing it off the assumption you start and drive your car and are able to shift, but the clutch never fully disengages.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #1706
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.vo408 View Post
What do you guys use to block off the recirc tube on a stock sr20 intake?
HKS, Greddy and ATP make recirculation plugs that I'm aware of. They're use in the Subaru community a lot.

I've used the HKS Subaru one myself. Works great.

My bad didnt realize you said intake. anything that'll fit snug as there is no real pressure. LOL one of mine has a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter shoved into a piece of tubing coming off the intake. Bet an ebrake knob might work too? maybe
Old 05-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #1707
t.vo408

Haha, nice. Ghetto, I like it. I thinking earlier today, man this clutch alignment tool fits pretty snug!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #1708
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.vo408 View Post
Haha, nice. Ghetto, I like it. I thinking earlier today, man this clutch alignment tool fits pretty snug!
A little big but its not going anywhere. haha

Those first ones I said are obviously for the front mount pipe, and I've tried ghetto there but never with much luck. Always ended up shooting projectiles out my fender.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #1709
jiggs
Zilvia Junkie

jiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
how much is it for a complete s13 front clip including engine drivetrain setup, silvia front, rhd conversion shipped to hawaii 96797?...
rough estimate...
Old 05-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #1710
t.vo408

3500 ish from phase2 with everything you wanted except for the silvia front. For a blacktop s13 front clip.