Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
Sil_Eighty88

Trader Rating: (0)
Sil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ca18det motor issue

So when I first bought this car a couple weeks ago it seemed fine, but after about a couple days later i started to noticed it hesitate a little bit under power(just for a split second). Now it has progressively got a lot worse, when idling it bogs down almost to 0 and almost just dies, then goes back up to a normal idle then back down. If I try to put it under power when it does that it has no power and just sputters. I dont know what the issue is. I just put new spark plugs and a new intake on it. Please help!!
Sil_Eighty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #2
Sil_Eighty88

Sil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil_Eighty88 is making his/her stupidity well-known
I have a quick clip of it but it won't let me upload it.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
could be a number o fthings... most likely a pre-turbo boost leak.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #4
Sil_Eighty88

Would a boost leak really effect the way it idles though at a dead stop?!
Old 07-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
Sil_Eighty88

Ca18det motor issue

So when I first bought this car a couple weeks ago it seemed fine, but after about a couple days later i started to noticed it hesitate a little bit under power(just for a split second). Now it has progressively got a lot worse, when idling it bogs down almost to 0 and almost just dies, then goes back up to a normal idle then back down. If I try to put it under power when it does that it has no power and just sputters. I dont know what the issue is. I just put new spark plugs and a new intake on it. Please help!!
Old 07-09-2019, 08:14 AM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
dying fuel pump, vacuum leak, boost leak, tons of stuff you need to check before you can get a decent answer from us.

with such vague information, we can only provide vague advice.

go check the basics.

FAST

Fuel

Air

Spark

Timing

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
wow. someone went this engine route...what a doop.

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #8
Jamaica

Trader Rating: (1)
Jamaica is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have you checked for boost leaks?
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_Eighty88 View Post
Would a boost leak really effect the way it idles though at a dead stop?!
as brndck just stated... there are A LOT of potential things that could cause your problem. i just pointed out on that has caused problems kind of like what youre describing on my SR.

bogging is usually either a fuel, ignition or boost leak related issue. clean your MAF, make sure all the connectors inside the MAF are making a connection. are all of your clamps on your IC piping tight? if youre using worm gear style clamps, how many times have you torqued them... if more than 2-3, they need to be replaced. have you pulled your coilpack plugs 1 by 1 to make sure youre not running into weak spark or ignition in the cylinders? you mentioned adding a new intake, did you make damn sure your clamps are 100% tight before the turbo and its not pulling unmetered air behind the MAF? do you have an in cabin fuel pressure gauge so you can watch your fuel pressure as you drive? do you have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator? if so, is it a cheap ebay knock off unit or an actual brand name?

see where im going here? there are A LOT of elements to consider in this type of problem.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #10
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
+1 coupler probably off/split
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #11
Sil_Eighty88

I will look into all of this. Thanks guys!
Old 07-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #12
Sil_Eighty88

I will look into that ty!!
Old 07-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Merged threads. Don't make multiple threads in different sections for the same issue.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote