Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #61
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I'm sorry but I never liked Hoshinos

Not on 240's at least

But even on old schools, it's hard to pull off and make look good

Kinda like the Advan OH-NO (look who they let in the back-doe), err, I mean Oni

With that being said, with 5 lug being so cheap, there really is no excuse for not going 5 lug

In the long run 5 lug always wins, in terms of price, availability, looks, SIZING, etc

Now maybe 2-3 years ago when there weren't the cheap 5 lug kits and you had to buy GTO, Attain, etc, then maybe it was more cost effective to stay 4 lug

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #62
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
The Thread Title should be changed to "Mostly shitty wheels, but at least they're 4-lug!".

If you guys want to run heavy small diameter wheels with spacers, just find some Universal 4-luggers. They make a shit ton of wheels for Hondas with dual 4 lug pattern. Just stop rockin low quality wheels that are supposed to fool people into thinking you actually care about the quality of your rolling stock.
Dood, my rewinds have lasted being submerged under storm surge from a category3 hurricane for 3 hrs being thrashed by everything in the vicinity that was caught under water. They have survived being hit by a crown victoria @ 40+ mph, have about a season and a half of hard autoXing and the occasional drift day full of dirt drops. The major damage from all of this was a rashed lip about 2 inches because when they were under water and my car was on its side being smashed against a concrete column and chain link fence. My car looked like it was dropped off a fucking 2 story building. Yet my horrible disgusting poor quality rewinds still held air with no major damage and cleaned up quite nicely I must say. No rust, no paint chips, just that 2 in rash.

I understand having pride in your 2k+ wheels to beat your chest about. But after everything I have been through I am glad that I didnt buy a set of volks/works/anything else that gets you posirep here. I am glad that my 500 dollar set of rewinds are still on my car today. NOW apart from the 7in wide problem, where do you see a problem with my wheels?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #63
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some people just don't like knockoffs. I have TE37 knockoffs, I rolled on them for a month, because my SSRs aren't on this continent yet. Sure, they're far better looking than steelies, people think it looks good, but it's not something to be proud of, they're just.... there.
Even if knockoffs last, the way I see it, if you're going to spend money on your car, spend money on quality parts. It's just money, all it takes is some hard work and some time.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #64
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelizard View Post
Some people just don't like knockoffs. I have TE37 knockoffs, I rolled on them for a month, because my SSRs aren't on this continent yet. Sure, they're far better looking than steelies, people think it looks good, but it's not something to be proud of, they're just.... there.
Even if knockoffs last, the way I see it, if you're going to spend money on your car, spend money on quality parts. It's just money, all it takes is some hard work and some time.
you sir speak the truth, and like logan said, 5 lug swaps aren't that expensive now, for the money you waste on knockoffs, you could have just gotten the conversion, and hell, waited until you could afford nice rims, or run some 300zx or s14 se's. no excuses, why do you think i'm still on se alloys, i've already got 30mm z brakes, and 5 lug conversion hubs, i'm just not rushing it and buying rims that are ugly, cheap, and heavy, i'm buying the exact ones i want, by the company that designed them, and hell for retail unless they go on group buy, mhm, which i will keep a look out for from logan since he's got the wheel game on lock
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:46 PM   #65
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki View Post
Dood...
...where do you see a problem with my wheels?
I can understand not wanting to put a high dollar set of wheels through that kind of punishment, and I'm glad you made it through it all ok.

As far your rewinds making it through, I've seen a double wide survive a class 4 Tornado on sheer luck. I still wouldn't want to live in one.

Like I said, this argument can go on forever. You spend your money how you like, I'll spend mine how I like. I'm not "beating my chest" about anything. I have not mentioned my wheels anywhere in this thread. I simply stated I don't want to spend my money on knock offs.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #66
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
buying rotas support child labor in asian counties
Old 11-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #67
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I think I should contribute. I have built the rest of my car around a "bang for the buck" mentality (as opposed to my bike, trying to get the most out of the machine while staying with race/class restrictions)... that being said, I got a screamin deal on some brand new 17x8.5 +20 Rota D2's in gold, and I think they look aiight.

Stepped lip looks pretty good, actually about 3" of lip total.

10mm spacer in the front to sit flush with 20mm wider fenders (my stock fenders were messed up, and red) - backs had to be rolled/hammered to tuck, even before the 10mm spacers. They sit flush ~

I raised the car about 1" in the front and 3" in the back at first, until I made sure I had clearance all around - this was at the Northridge meet at sky-high ride height, and before side skirts (not purrdy, but shows off the new wheels)

That's Jack (Azndoc) posing, but he got bored after about 10 secs of the 20 sec exposure time lol.

For further 4lug love, check out Yuri's old pics with his gold Cerberas or whatever they were.

hahaha,

In the parking lot of ROSS

perfect setting.

Sorry but rims that buldge out past the "blang lip" are failtown.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #68
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
speak up if your rota wheels have spontaneously combusted.

too many uninformed opinions on rota wheels...
Old 11-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #69
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Rotas are just plain terrible. You guys have no souls
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #70
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Speak up if your ROTA's are an original design that was R&D'd by the company before marketing instead of a knock-off of an existing design made by a company that may cost more, but actually put the work into designing something.

No, not every ROTA or Sportmax fails catastrophically under stress, and not every Work or Volk survives every track day. They are still original designs with R&D backing them. No, it's not all about the name, it's about the company behind the name.

Begin Perpetual argument phase in 3...2...1...
Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #71
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
buying rotas support child labor in asian counties
not to say you are wrong, but many items we purchase are made by children...
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #72
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i have that rota shirt :P

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #73
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I look at it this way...
I respect Rays Engineering and the upper echelon wheel manufacturers for their design and engineering. They are the pioneers and deserve credit for it. I understand how knockoff companies hurt the innovating companies, and I do think that it is weak that Rota is a company that just replicates designs from those manufacturers. It is hard to have much respect for a company that has no original designs.

However, whenever the subject of Rota wheels comes up, everybody talks about how weak they are and how they will crumble if you look at them wrong. I've also noticed most of the people giving these opinions have no direct experience with wheels in the first place. If the Driftworks team ran the P45R's on all 4 of thier demo cars for multiple seasons without failure, i'd say they are proven to be durable. If they are good enough for them, they are good enough for me.

Yeah, they are cheap wheels. I'm sure that their casting process is nowhere near the standards of Rays Engineering. But they have been known to hold up to abuse.

The fact is, I got a set of wheels made to my custom specifications for 900 bucks. Where else are you going to find that?
I'm not a pro, my wheels look good, and get the job done, thats what matters to me. priorities, priorities.
I can see why someone would want to drive a primered car for 3 years, saving up a dime from every pay check to drop on a set of $3,000 super wheels, but that isn't logical to me, personally. It all comes down to priorities...
Old 11-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #74
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I can understand not wanting to put a high dollar set of wheels through that kind of punishment, and I'm glad you made it through it all ok.

As far your rewinds making it through, I've seen a double wide survive a class 4 Tornado on sheer luck. I still wouldn't want to live in one.

Like I said, this argument can go on forever. You spend your money how you like, I'll spend mine how I like. I'm not "beating my chest" about anything. I have not mentioned my wheels anywhere in this thread. I simply stated I don't want to spend my money on knock offs.
I am agreeing with you on this man. I dont buy rewinds because they are cheap. I bought them because I liked them and they were a great price. Eventually I will upgrade to a wonderful set of respectful wheels, until now I will enjoy beating the piss out of these disposable nice looking wheels.

The double wide comment .......I am still laughing about that. Thank you for making my day, I needed a laugh.

This is a harsh arguement and it CAN go on forever. Just let people be and let them rock what they rock. When I can afford to be a rockstar I will be a rockstar.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #75
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
my rota D2s have held up pretty damn well for the 2 years ive owned them...theyve been thru an accident where i wound up getting t-boned and drove over a curb then a foot and a half tall CEMENT flower bed siding from how hard the woman hit me...plus theyve gone to a couple of drift events with me since the accident...still balance fine and havent fallen apart yet

the most damage my wheels sustained from the accident were a few scuffs and knicks...i think that "garbage" statement people make is a little far fetched...and the whole "falling apart" thing also sounds a little opinionated
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #76
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well, I don't know if they're technically "phatty," and they're only 16"...and they're actually 9-hole...but here. Linear Sport mesh.

Also note that I have 100lbs. worth of toolbox in my trunk so the car's kind of sitting on its haunches at the moment. I could do with a tiny bit more drop as well, I think.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #77
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
my rota D2s have held up pretty damn well for the 2 years ive owned them...theyve been thru an accident where i wound up getting t-boned and drove over a curb then a foot and a half tall CEMENT flower bed siding from how hard the woman hit me...plus theyve gone to a couple of drift events with me since the accident...still balance fine and havent fallen apart yet

the most damage my wheels sustained from the accident were a few scuffs and knicks...i think that "garbage" statement people make is a little far fetched...and the whole "falling apart" thing also sounds a little opinionated
nah, they are garbage, junk, trash, worthless, etc... you are just a lucky one of the few that have had decent luck with said junk.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #78
Subzeroqc
Leaky Injector

Subzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enough
Here are my weak ass offset 17x8.5's +32 Advan SA3R's powder coated with a flat graphite color. According to what I've read in this thread, they are considered "cool" or whatever, but I will still will be replacing them by 16x10 diamond racing steelies. Guess I'm not cool for spending less then 2g's on my wheels. Oh well, I just decided chrome wasn't needed to set track times.

The pics:

Ninja edit: The rotors are rusted out of their minds since the car had been sitting for a while as I was working on the KA-T
Subzeroqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #79
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
I like those advans... nothing a little spacers wouldn't fix on the sizing.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #80
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
4-Lug S13 Wheels Thread> "Phatty:ghey: " 4-lug wheels Thread

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #81
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroqc View Post
Guess I'm not cool for spending less then 2g's on my wheels. Oh well, I just decided chrome wasn't needed to set track times.
I love mine, and got a deal for $400 shipped =D
Old 11-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #82
sultan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
sultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
do these count as "phatty"?

9h, 18x11 +0

9h 18x10 +0

9h 18x12 +0
Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #83
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
I think it's hilarious how the 'phatty' 4 lug wheel thread consists primarily of wheels that fit the following characteristics:

<9" or 20+ offset or 17" or below

Only a few posted have managed to not fall into all 3 of those categories.

I only have one set of wheels (besides my 'beater' set of BNR32 wheels) that has 8" fronts in 17" diameter, all the rest are at least 9" front.

When I hear someone say 'phatty', and after I've stopped laughing my ass off because they actually used that term, I think of something that is worthy of praise or desire.
So far, nothing in this thread is 'phatty' to me.

(9h wheels don't count! :P )
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #84
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
hahaha,

In the parking lot of ROSS

perfect setting.

Sorry but rims that buldge out past the "blang lip" are failtown.
Thanks Robby ~ that's the Arcadia meet, btw. Never seen you there.

I didn't post because I think anyone is going to look at my s13 and be surprised, I posted because no one else put pics up of what I consider to be a very common setup (s13 on 17x8.5 +20s).

The thing that no one considers when bashing the cheap wheels is that it's not like buying cheap suspension/engine/aero - cheap wheels do not depreciate, especially if you got a good deal. Whenever I do decide to go 5lug/baller, I can post my wheels/tires on the for sale section for exactly what I paid for them, and they'll sell.

I laugh and the people with $2.5k in wheels that still live in their Mom's house/some shit apartment with 8 roommates/etc. I'll take my Rotas if it means I look at them from my South Pas condo's window.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #85
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
I won't lie.. I have owned fake Rota's in the past..

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #86
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
this is coming from the guy who has more lighting mods done to his car than anything else..."you got an SR" "nah man...i spent all my money on ricer tail lights cause my civic use to have em"

dood...before you start hard parkin...at least make it a poser mobile with a SR
I'm sorry, but crappy parts+SR20= posermobile. There is NOTHING special about an SR20, NOTHING! The KA is an extremely underrated engine. Stock it makes almost as much torque as the SR does. Both the single and dual cam KA's are used in SCCA GT3 and GT2 classes respectively and with stock bore/stroke make pretty close to 300hp normally aspirated. I have seen 700hp turbo KAde's, don't believe me go to AMS performance/turbo 240's website. You would be VERY hard pressed to squeeze that much horsepower out of ANY SR engine. Back to the subject though who the hell thinks that their fucking sportmax wheels qualify as "phatty"? I would consider a couple of the rota's that are on this thread to be at least cool, but definitely not "phatty". My 5-zigen's are far better quality then any of the rota or sportmax crap and I still don't think they qualify as "phatty". Stop posting crap on this thread, I wanna see more dope-ass old skool wheels.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 AM   #87
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
KA's have big ports and rolling rockers... What's to hate?

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #88
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
I won't lie.. I have owned fake Rota's in the past..
I like some fake Rotas.
My favorites are the fake Rota Slipstream.
They call them Regamasters and make them in Russia.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:47 AM   #89
DOOK
Post Whore!

some other company made some too... fork... knife... oh that's right... spoon and desmond...

Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #90
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

My friend had some awesome Tenzo R knock offs.. I believe they were called Mugen RNR's....

Buy my Stillway shifter!