Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
farazshah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
farazshah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA KA24E Carburetor Setup (Mikuni/Weber/Etc.)

So I have had a chance to do some reading and have really enjoyed the idea of a Carb'd KA24E. I have one lying around and was thinking of what I can do to get it up and running in a dual carb situation and how much it might cost me. The thing that I get hung up on is how the properly set up the distributor. I have read that you can use an older Nissan L-type distributor, with modified mounting holes, on the ka24e motor. Does anyone have any information or specific experience with carb'ing ka24e's? I would really appreciate any help with this. Ultimately, I'd like to eliminate the ECU for a really slick installation.

BTW, I have found links to the actual carbs and the intake manifold, but need some more info into the throttle linkage modifcation.
farazshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
lazy240
BANNED

lazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymore
why the hell would you down grade
lazy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #3
farazshah
Leaky Injector

There are a few threads out there, just read over them before you knock it. Bump back on topic.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
farazshah
Leaky Injector

bump for more information and or thoughts...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
Naim
Zilvia Member

Naim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfectionNaim is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy240 View Post
Not necessarily.
Naim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
b/c it yeilds more power, duh
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
lazy240
BANNED

lazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymorelazy240 is not welcome here anymore
it is down grading because if carburated was so much better they would have made the car like that and dont say oh what about muscle cars well ive worken on mucle cars my whole life and when you take a turn fast boom the shut off
lazy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
carbs on KA's yield a power increase. its not downgrading...
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
it is down grading because if carburated was so much better they would have made the car like that and dont say oh what about muscle cars well ive worken on mucle cars my whole life and when you take a turn fast boom the shut off

Not really. If that happens you do not have your fuel system properly setup. I have seen TONS of carbed v-8s take HARD corners. All of the Dirt track cars around here are carbed and i have never seen one turn off in a corner.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
I have an ATL fuel cell, mechanical fuel pump, and Edelbrock carb on a Chevy 350. I hope my engine doesn't shut off when I take a 1g turn.

The factory does a lot of things for fuel economy, cost, NVH reduction, and emissions. If you don't care about those things or don't like the compromises made by the factory, there's no reason why the factory setup is better.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I had a dirtbike. I don't like jetting carbs.

MAF sensors are awesome.
murda-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
farazshah
Leaky Injector

Has anyone had any experience with carb'ing a fuel injected vehicle? I'm trying to see how to get the ignition system set up...the distributor needs to be changed to a vacuum or mechanical advance system instead of the ecu controlled distributor from what I understand as of yet.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
allmotorKA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
allmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by farazshah View Post
Has anyone had any experience with carb'ing a fuel injected vehicle? I'm trying to see how to get the ignition system set up...the distributor needs to be changed to a vacuum or mechanical advance system instead of the ecu controlled distributor from what I understand as of yet.
You can use a mechanical advance distributor from the L series motors but you have to also use an L series oil pump shaft that connects the distributor to the oil pump. You also have to use the distributor pedestal for the L series block. You will have to drill and tap the KA timing chain cover to mount the distributor pedestal.
allmotorKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #14
smurfgcr
Zilvia Member

smurfgcr is making a name for him/her selfsmurfgcr is making a name for him/her self
this guy did a carb/fuel injected setup on a ka24e, pretty sick build IMO.
http://home.att.net/~MabuhayCarlos/TurboIntake.html
<br>
carb setups on ka's are pretty cool in my opinion, just takes a bit of fabrication but if you have the time and money then do it
smurfgcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #15
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
sorry to thread jack, but does anyone know if 40mm carbs are big enough to make good power on a KA24e? i found a pretty good deal on twin mikuni 40mm sidedrafts
Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 AM   #16
apex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
apex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfgcr View Post
this guy did a carb/fuel injected setup on a ka24e, pretty sick build IMO.
http://home.att.net/~MabuhayCarlos/TurboIntake.html
<br>
carb setups on ka's are pretty cool in my opinion, just takes a bit of fabrication but if you have the time and money then do it
those are just itb's made from intake manifold for carbs
Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #17
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
sorry to thread jack, but does anyone know if 40mm carbs are big enough to make good power on a KA24e? i found a pretty good deal on twin mikuni 40mm sidedrafts
anyone know??
Old 01-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #18
cronux
Zilvia Junkie

cronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to all
i know this is a z and s chassis forum, but the guys who really get into carbing ka-e are the datsun 510 guys. so if i were you, i would look into a 510 forum
cronux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #19
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
if your looking for a webber setup, try asking some oldschool toyota guys (starlets, etc.) alot of them use webber carbs, maybe you could pick up on an idea for the linkage from one of their setups.

gl
burnsauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #20
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That sounds like your gonna get some good power if you can fine tune those carbs. GL man keep us posted on what your going to do.
mayco_86 is offline   Reply With Quote