Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-18-2020, 03:05 AM   #1
240sx_ka24et_KID

Trader Rating: (0)
240sx_ka24et_KID is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA Help on KA-T setup

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me with some info on a Ka24det
I?m currently trying to rebuild my KA for turbo but I?m not really good at knowing
Over bore and all that stuff if anyone could let me know what parts I should get and what size bore to go with and all that good stuff thanks. Oh and I?m trying to shoot for 300 to 400 whp. THANKS
240sx_ka24et_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Search. Your specific questions have been asked and answered many many times over.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=62609

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/

https://forums.nicoclub.com/ka24et-ka24det-forum.html

Welcome to the forums.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
inferno s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
inferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowninferno s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
stock motor, arp, metal hg, new oem seals, new rings. aeromotive fpr, name brand fuel pump, name brand fuel injectors stock rail. stock intake. stock clutch fan. alum radiator, name brand blow off valve, s14 turbo, ebay manifold, ebay down pipe, ebay exhaust, ebay intercooler, ebay performance clutch and flywheel, ebay 3” exhaust, afr gauge and water temp gauge

you can go standalone which i always recommend to anybody. But for your application 300hp goal can be achieved with a rom tune and be pretty conservative. Anything higher than 300hp i would look into speed density tuning.
inferno s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:56 PM   #4
RustyDomino

RustyDomino is an unknown quantity at this point
Search,

also no need to bore out your cylinders, stock engines can be good to up to 250hp, safely that is(from what I've heard).

Read read read!
RustyDomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
t0xic_ruin

t0xic_ruin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno s14 View Post
stock motor, arp, metal hg, new oem seals, new rings. aeromotive fpr, name brand fuel pump, name brand fuel injectors stock rail. stock intake. stock clutch fan. alum radiator, name brand blow off valve, s14 turbo, ebay manifold, ebay down pipe, ebay exhaust, ebay intercooler, ebay performance clutch and flywheel, ebay 3? exhaust, afr gauge and water temp gauge

you can go standalone which i always recommend to anybody. But for your application 300hp goal can be achieved with a rom tune and be pretty conservative. Anything higher than 300hp i would look into speed density tuning.
What would you recommended for piston ring end gap? currently putting my Ka-t together and ive seen people say to gap the rings more than the stock but havent found anything saying how much to gap them.
My setup is basically the same, enthalpy tune,bottom mount t25, 370cc injectors, z32 maf looking to make 250-280 hp
t0xic_ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:36 PM   #6
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0xic_ruin View Post
What would you recommended for piston ring end gap? currently putting my Ka-t together and ive seen people say to gap the rings more than the stock but havent found anything saying how much to gap them.
My setup is basically the same, enthalpy tune,bottom mount t25, 370cc injectors, z32 maf looking to make 250-280 hp
Assuming you're using OEM pistons/rings here? If you're using aftermarket pistons, use their ring card/specs. nearly every manufacturer provides gap values based on intended use for the engine in a simple formula by piston diameter. Otherwise;

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=KA24DE...M+piston+rings

First link that pops up there. If you searched you didn't search very hard. .017-.018 top .019-.020 bottom for stock bore. The gap depends on whether you're overbored or not FWIW.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:58 PM   #7
t0xic_ruin

t0xic_ruin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeKS14 View Post
Assuming you're using OEM pistons/rings here? If you're using aftermarket pistons, use their ring card/specs. nearly every manufacturer provides gap values based on intended use for the engine in a simple formula by piston diameter. Otherwise;

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=KA24DE...M+piston+rings

First link that pops up there. If you searched you didn't search very hard. .017-.018 top .019-.020 bottom for stock bore. The gap depends on whether you're overbored or not FWIW.
Damn, probably the first time I've had that used on me. i saw that post but must've gotten caught on the massive gap that they had originally said to notice the answer. appreciate it
t0xic_ruin is offline   Reply With Quote