Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #61
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
looks good.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #62
EnjoiNISMO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EnjoiNISMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks good jserman.

Damn hondas.
EnjoiNISMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #63
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Some of the Hondas are great, but it seems like they put an inordinate amount of effort into it to not get rid of the fusebox and battery. Same goes with our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
There are plenty of places to buy them online and the pins, etc. But they're going to run you about 300+ dollars I believe they're like 180 dollars a side. And they're not really designed for multiple connects/disconnects.
I can get you guys the connectors you need, you have to be very careful when ordering them because you're ordering from a military supplier, where all they care about is a part number... there's probably 10 characteristics that make up a part number, and if you jumble one or two you now have a couple very expensive paperweights.

About the number of connects/disconnects ~ these connectors are usually rated for a certain number, after which if they were used in a military application, they'd have to be replaced. Most people will be fine, but don't go reconnecting it every 5 minutes for people at a car show or something.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #64
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
My old civic

My friend Toby's engine bay...I guess he's doing a real tuck/shave sooner or later.

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #65
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
^ that is one of my favourite S-Chassis engine bays.
So clean. So much attention to detail.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #66
S13coupeRB25DET
Leaky Injector

S13coupeRB25DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
My old civic

My friend Toby's engine bay...I guess he's doing a real tuck/shave sooner or later.

Thats like the sickest sr20det ive seen in along time.
S13coupeRB25DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #67
Envy2343
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Envy2343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn i have lots of work to do
Envy2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #68
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Is it alright to have the power steering reservoir located this low, below the pump?

Some declare that the pump needs to be gravity fed, while others say the reservoir can be below the pump, as long as there are no major leaks in the system.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #69
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Is it alright to have the power steering reservoir located this low, below the pump?

Some declare that the pump needs to be gravity fed, while others say the reservoir can be below the pump, as long as there are no major leaks in the system.
It's certainly not ideal, but yes there's a fair amount of vacuum created by the pump and I never had p/s problems with my reservoir mounted below the pump on the SR or RB25. What it does mean is that every time you start the car, it has to re-bleed itself, which is not great for your pump (they like to be lubricated and cooled by fluid all the time) but not the end of the world.

In short, not recommended, but not a real hazard either.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #70
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

what i did for mine that looks nicer and is a little more ideal is mount it closer to the firewall between the strut tower and the master cylinder. i'll have to put up a pic of it there, i really like it
Old 05-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #71
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Great information, thank you. I will keep it there for now. If my pump ever goes out, I shall relocate it elsewhere.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #72
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
what i did for mine that looks nicer and is a little more ideal is mount it closer to the firewall between the strut tower and the master cylinder. i'll have to put up a pic of it there, i really like it

just in case you're not a premie.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #73
D C

D C is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
About the number of connects/disconnects ~ these connectors are usually rated for a certain number, after which if they were used in a military application, they'd have to be replaced. Most people will be fine, but don't go reconnecting it every 5 minutes for people at a car show or something.
We use the multipin connectors on our camera systems, some of them going on 15+ years strong of being connected and disconnected a few times a month at least.

As long as they are pinned properly, and you aren't a hamfisted retard when connecting them (pretty hard to mess up anyway) then there shouldn't be a problem.
D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #74
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
looks like a hastle just to top off your p/s fluids
Old 06-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #75
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Those ideas for relocating the P/S reservoir look pretty cool.
What kind of rubber hose should one use when doing this?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #76
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
damn theres alot of WIN in this thread. love the clean engine bay look
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #77
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
aeroquip push lock hose for the reservoir.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:31 AM   #78
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
aeroquip push lock hose for the reservoir.
The Aeroquip push-loc stuff is great, but any oil-safe rubber hose will work as well. Make sure there aren't any kinks.

5/8" (-10an) is what you want for reservoir to pump, 3/8" (-6an) is low pressure from the rack back to the reservoir.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 AM   #79
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
not mine but a cousin's. Pretty neat stuff.
NiSilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #80
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
The Aeroquip push-loc stuff is great, but any oil-safe rubber hose will work as well. Make sure there aren't any kinks.

5/8" (-10an) is what you want for reservoir to pump, 3/8" (-6an) is low pressure from the rack back to the reservoir.
that sounds about right. i remember the one size was kinda hard to find. also, i used the the fitting from an s14 off the ps pump since its angled differently and works better for the relocation
Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #81
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
these look sick!
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #82
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
nice to know
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #83
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
I use a lot of weatherpack connector, not as factory looking as the ones above, but I like em.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #84
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
I use a lot of weatherpack connector, not as factory looking as the ones above, but I like em.
Weatherpacks are fantastic for big stuff (14ga, 12ga), and I use them for things like radiator fans and starter solenoids. The problem with a loose plastic connector like that though is insertion issues between the pins and sockets, and they're just physically too large.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #85
s142jzkillav10
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
s142jzkillav10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s142jzkillav10
Very Very nice. I wanna do my tuck to show it off aswell.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #86
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

heres some pics of mine, the wire tuck is done, but the car isnt running so i'm trouble shooting and picking up a harness tomorrow, but it'll continue to look like that.

thats fully wired, every wire that'll ever be in there is.

the the engine wires are run through the ac hole

all the wires for the engine before anything else went in.

everything for the engine harness being cut to length and done up so we could see exactly what we could tuck.

pretty much how it looks now.

the body harness was shortened and run across the dash bar and only was need to run down the fenders was, like the headlights and turn signals. everything visible in the engine bay was wrapped in techflex and heatshrink.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #87
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Got my tucked brake line kit from chasebays for the s13!

And the LS1 millspec harness

Old 06-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #88
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

very nice, how do you run the cb brake lines exactly?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #89
Om1kron
Post Whore!

He can probably better explain than me. But I wouldn't run soft lines like that for my brakes. Regardless of what pressures they can withstand.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #90
Ekin_s13

Ekin_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ekin_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote