Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #121
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome thread, I admire your skill and dedication
gunluvS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #122
slow40
Zilvia Junkie

slow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enoughslow40 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero
says the people too poor to afford a kouki.
nonsense....
slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #123
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
SC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
DEeeeeemmm, from the looks of it, your custom intakes are gonna be fab. keep up the good work!
ps, a vid would be fantastic.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #124
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
just a thought Laguna Seca Blue from the e46 M3?
nevaland9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #125
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
Just a thought, Laguna Seca Blue from the e46 M3?
nevaland9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #126
Typeone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Typeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura about
Awesome, true inspiration to those do it yourself'ers out there.

I look forward to seeing more!
Old 12-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #127
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brewster240
very nice. i like the backwards shifter. had to do that it my 510 when i swapped in the ca18.
brewster240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #128
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Sorry for the lack of updates lately! I was workin on someone else's car for 2 weeks, and now that Im done, work will resume on my car. On the happy side of things, I just got my digital cluster! Its an AIM sports Mychron3!!

Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #129
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Ohhhhhh.... that's hot ish right durrrrrr!!!
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #130
BIZERK
Leaky Injector

BIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud ofBIZERK has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to BIZERK
good stuff man. you are really going all out on this and i LOVE it. haha. I have never heard of that system before but after looking it up i'm really impressed.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #131
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
NASTY!!! Make sure the witing is CLEAAANNN!

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #132
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Great build so far. Very clean and simple. I have never run that much castor that I needed to tub the fronts.
And znki is way better than kouki. Kouki fronts dont match the lines of an s14. Thats comming from someone who can afford a kouki front too.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #133
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Get a time machine and go back to 2000 when people still cared about Zenki vs Kouki arguments.

back on topic, sick build. Looking forward to more.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #134
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Can afford a kouki front.. but not to BUY a kouki. teehee

j/k.. I love you. Zenki's are hawt too.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #135
Tb0y

Tb0y is an unknown quantity at this point
nice project!
Tb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #136
rossfashow
Zilvia Junkie

rossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura about
that is soooo sick!!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #137
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Huge props on your project and fab skills. Cant wait to see what youve got in store for it.

+1 on that AIM cluster!!!! Those things are RAD!!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #138
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster
Sorry for the lack of updates lately! I was workin on someone else's car for 2 weeks, and now that Im done, work will resume on my car. On the happy side of things, I just got my digital cluster! Its an AIM sports Mychron3!!

Yes! How much did that setup run you? I love gadgets...
Old 01-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #139
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
there was a groupd buy special on these last month..... look up the thread and youll see the ballpark for the prices.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #140
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
That is some clean work.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #141
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
GT Fabrications sells those AIM gauge clusters for like $900 I believe... Pretty much every car they build in their shop has it. My buddy's car has one in it and I freakin love it. I wish it was out a couple years ago when I bought all my Autometer gauges, I would have just gotten that instead.

Figure instead of spending $1000+ bucks on a bunch of gauges (boost, egt, oil temp, oil press, etc), you can just spend it all on this, and it will show you all the same stuff (and more) and look 100x cleaner. It has a crapload of outputs too for different sensors, way more than youll ever need in most cars.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #142
kodama
Leaky Injector

kodama is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kodama
is that the devious's old car w/ the bent frame? im just curious. it really looks like it.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #143
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
i have a very similar gauge - i assume yours is a Gold 3?

and aim has been making the mychron3 for a number of years now - my sisters karts they got the 4's.... but they only have it for those so far. If they lower the price ever i want the big one they sell.
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #144
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoZ8myCow
GT Fabrications sells those AIM gauge clusters for like $900 I believe... Pretty much every car they build in their shop has it. My buddy's car has one in it and I freakin love it. I wish it was out a couple years ago when I bought all my Autometer gauges, I would have just gotten that instead.

Figure instead of spending $1000+ bucks on a bunch of gauges (boost, egt, oil temp, oil press, etc), you can just spend it all on this, and it will show you all the same stuff (and more) and look 100x cleaner. It has a crapload of outputs too for different sensors, way more than youll ever need in most cars.
Can someone tell me if the AIM gauge can read off our ECU's or do you have to have an AEM to run it? I was looking at their website and it looks like they have one that will plug into the AEM system but what if you like the MAF setup but want all the details this gauge setup has to offer?

Scott
Old 01-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #145
staygold24
Zilvia Addict

staygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enough
great progress on the car. what are the engine specs going to be for the rb25? I dont know if you remember me but I bought some seat belts and stuff off of you.
staygold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #146
swift_style
Zilvia Junkie

swift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the rough
So far this is one of the best projects I've ever seen. I'm planning to go that route also.
swift_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #147
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie
Can someone tell me if the AIM gauge can read off our ECU's or do you have to have an AEM to run it? I was looking at their website and it looks like they have one that will plug into the AEM system but what if you like the MAF setup but want all the details this gauge setup has to offer?

Scott
Not sure to be honest... Every car Ive seen it on had an AEM EMS. Im a big fan of the MXL personally:

Old 01-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #148
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie

Scott
We're working on this right now. Currently, the AIM does not read from the factory ECU, but we have forwarded the nissan protocol to AIM and hopefully they will be able to do something with it. If they do it will be able to interface with any nissan with a consult port pretty much.

You don't have to have an AEM or any other standalone for that matter. The thing that's nice about having an ECU that the AIM will interface with is that fact that you won't need to run extra sensors for the dash.

The AIM can be a standalone display/data acquisition system. You just need to run sensors for whatever you want it to monitor.

Smelly, the unit Gavster has is the Mychron3 Plus. Get in touch with me if you want a good price on one of the MXL series units. We just did a group buy for them on here and along with Gavster there's a few other people getting them. I can't wait to see them in people's cars.

Tim
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #149
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it a ton!

A-Tech, PM Wiisass for a great price..I couldnt refuse, lol!

Kodama...yes its the old "devious car"...i started with a trash heap and Ive turned it into this so far....straight and everything now

Staygold..yeah I remember! How did those parts work out for you?? The RB will basically be stock longblock with ARP's and a headgasket....bigger turbo etc...nothing too crazy

Tim, thanks for getting in here and answering questions about the AIM Cluster!!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:14 AM   #150
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Oh man, so i know the updates have been slow over winter break, but i just have not been able to work on it til today! For one day, I got a crap load done! Today I fully formed and contructed the firewall, its practically allll done. Started out with some cutting, some bending, some guess n check, and lots of welding and cutting followed by some grinding! I am more than pleased with the results and its strong as f*** so no complaints! I decided to leave a small access door so I can get to the upper tranny bolts and still drop the tranny without having to drop the motor too, im just assuming that will come in handy

I also got my kouki front end it...all brand new OEM Nissan stuff...I love it! All I need is fenders, and I need them BAD to finish contructing the front braces, then I can shove it off to paint. Anyone know of any OEM metal Kouki fenders floating around??? I need em bad but cant really spend 600 on a new set from performance nissan....LMK!

Anyways, here are the pics::::

Started from the top of the big hole downwards...got this all done in about 45 minutes!~

More complex metal forms for the sides..

Cool lookin' on and off the car!

Put together and welded out! A rough finish...now it needs some grinding!

We grindin' lol

Thought this was a cool pic

Done for the night...not bad at all!

More

From the inside...just need to make that little access plate is all now!

Thanks for lookin' guys...im tryin to keep it alive...not sure if ill be ready by the time the first local event rolls around in early April...we will see.....still lots to do yet!