Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-23-2006, 02:28 AM   #61
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
A-Tech, that tubs were made from 20ga. sheet....just a bit thinner than the body metal. I was able to form the curve in the tubs by hand, but could also be formed over something like the side of a bucket if you want perfection without a sheet-roller!

Vizion-Z, I will create a new upper-structure to accomidate the v-mount setup if thats what you are asking!

punxva, jobestudios - im flattered thanks so much!

Team Rootbeer, I totally agree, im welding in all the easiest circumstances and materials, but hey, gotta learn somewhere....im not even too excited to start playing the aluminum t-joints....should be interesting

Ill keep the updates coming fellas!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #62
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
Real nice car you're building. Keep up the good work and progress reports.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #63
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
looking good. howd you get the sound deadener off the rear wheels wells? did you just have to scrape them off? its kinda hard to keep the dry ice on the curves and stuff.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #64
misfitsfreak81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
misfitsfreak81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
those tig welds look sick. that shit is tough to do at first, but like anything you get better the more you do it. for first time though thats sick, you should totally open a custom fab shop. mad skillz. keep the updates coming.

mike
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #65
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3
looking good. howd you get the sound deadener off the rear wheels wells? did you just have to scrape them off? its kinda hard to keep the dry ice on the curves and stuff.
chemical stripper
sandpaper
etc.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #66
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
^heat gun and a putty scraper works well too.

dry ice is the tits though, if you can get it to stay on there

hey gavster. your shits sick. good job
get a mothafuckin premie accnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #67
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rootbeer
get a mothafuckin premie accnt
quoted for truth!!

What guage plate are you using for those *extended* mounts?

You are gonna have 1 helluva time with that Brake Master cylinder just chillin' right in the way of all that stuff.. (Remote mount?)
Old 11-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #68
ranger2339
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura aboutranger2339 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ranger2339
Looks good bro! You dont plan on doing any bigish events do you, its just for fun right?

Ax
ranger2339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:00 AM   #69
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
ranger2339, right now this is just a fun build for me that i intend to take to open track days, drift days, etc. Its not really going to be a competitive car, because frankly im located in NM, not really the biggest scene here, but I love what I do, and my time and effort is totally worth it!

Nemeguero, The master cyl right now looks fine to me...but i guess time will tell....i will do what i need to in order to get this right! On the mount extension, i used 10ga. cold-rolled steel...strong as f***

MS!3, like the other guys said, i used dry ice where possible, everywhere else, i used a heat gun and scraper...and i actually think that might be the better way honestly....next time i do a whole car, im going with heat gun 100% of the time!

I think i will get to post some pics tomorrow of my custom poly mounts i made....they lower the engine about 1.75 inches....w00t w00t!

Oh, and noted about the premie acct....maybe ill get one soon!
Old 11-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #70
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
NICE!!! I like the build. Looks like it will be a fun car to drive.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #71
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

K, one more update this weekend as promised! I got the engine mounts all done and built! It took some time, and a little creativity, but its all done and I have custom poly mounts! I borrowed heavily from a thread I found on *ahem*nicoclub*ahem* and decided to make my own. I used flexane 94 as the body of the mount and grade 8 hardware. Below are pics of the process! Now, the engine sits a good, low height and the driveshaft and everything fit! Now, I need to finish modding the tranny tunnel and sorting out the tranny mount and I can rebuild the new and improved firewall...hopefully next weekend! Check out the pics:

Two washers formed the top half (tig'd together) with one bolt welded, and the bottom half is one washer

Bottom and top held together by a small piece of filler wire

My mold, a harry and david candy container, lol!

Mold again!

2 mounts, ready to be poured

The juice of love!

Mixing the resin with the hardener

After letting the molds sit for a day and some cleaning after the fact:

Shazam!

Came out well...dont you think?

More

The engine sitting, perfection, IMO:

Mounts in action, still need to weld out the x-member:

more motor pr0n:

Driveshaft fits! Glorious, and rated to 750 ft-lbs

Tranny is up...just needs to be mounted too!

Thanks for looking!!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:22 AM   #72
motegineon
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (2)
motegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to motegineon Send a message via MSN to motegineon
nice, very creative mounts! i like...i like a lot
motegineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #73
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You, you sir.

You are living my dream.
Really. F-ing excellent work!
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:26 AM   #74
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
nice mounts.

its been said a million times, but your quality of work is excellent.
id hire you in a fab shop anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #75
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 AM   #76
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
very great idea for the mount, i might try this out for my ka, just for shits and giggles
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #77
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva
very great idea for the mount, i might try this out for my ka, just for shits and giggles
Would be a better way to fill up the ka mounts.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #78
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wow, those mounts look amazing! +infinity for your fab skills.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:58 AM   #79
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Keep up the work! These kinds of threads motivate me to keep going on my project. Once i get to the chassis stage I will be looking at photos to see how people did their stitch welds. I like yours the best. I wish i could weld aluminum. Maybe one of these days i will have to take a class and learn how to TIG.

Scott
Old 11-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #80
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Congratualtions. The mounts came out well. Keep us updated. This is on a magazine level.

Carlos
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #81
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Meh.. its whatever.

J/k.. you cock tease..
Old 11-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #82
freeman
Leaky Injector

freeman is an unknown quantity at this point
some really great work here, good job
freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #83
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Yeah this project is just....insane. The front/rear weight distribution should be awesome. Rock on...
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #84
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
looking good man!
Old 11-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #85
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I dont think im the only one who cant wait for the final product. Some of us would have been impressed enough just to see you slap a RB25 in there, but the amount of custom shit your doing to make it "just right" is above and beyond what most of us are willing to go thru or put up with.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:23 AM   #86
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Really im flattered guys! Thanks for the complements! I just want to make a good project and have absolutely zero regrets, so im trying to do it all right the first time around and still try and be innovative...at least a lil' bit! More updates soon....building the tranny brace this weekend!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #87
s13_gearhead
Zilvia Member

s13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to s13_gearhead Send a message via MSN to s13_gearhead
Killer work you're doing there bro. It's that kind of motivation that forms the inspiration for backyard mechanics everywhere to do their thing. It's how everything dope in the auto industry has started. Thanks to dudes like you showing pics and sharing ideas.

Keep it up man, you're rockin' out.
s13_gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #88
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Are you going to do a "Weld-car" type firewall?
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #89
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster
Thanks guys!

worangejuice, thats cool you are from here! I actually am wayy into vw's too and am always at that dealership...do you know jon shodean per chance from parts? He is a good friend of mine! I dont work at speedlab but my good buddy brody owns it...great guy great shop! What a coincidence hahaha!

I will hopefully have more updates this weekend!
Yeah, I actually worked with Jon there. He had that dope little GTI. Did he ever get his engine back?haha. He was waiting for that for a long time. Last time I heard Jon was at the dealership. Tell him Warren said hey and all the other guys there. Can't wait to see the ride when it's done!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #90
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Carlos, the firewall will look relatively stock when the dash is in place....it will basically be a big "box" encasing the motor and tranny and i plan to integrate a door or removable plate onto my new tranny tunnel so i can still access tranny bolts n stuff so changing the tranny will be snap~! Pics will follow this weekend!

S13_Gearhead, Im glad to share with everyone....hopefully what i share will be useful to someone else!

Warren, I will tell Jon you said hey! He is still at university and he has a mk1 rabbit now that hes putting that 2.2 16v turbo into and then he also just got a new mk5 rabbit too! Up to his old tricks!