Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Dyno sheets?
56 hp at 7200 54 tq 6800

stfu
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #32
soryu
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
soryu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat240 View Post
a straight pipe is not literally a straight pipe you will still have to have the bends in order to clear the sub frame

my currant 240 is using an oem muffler without a resonator but it does have a cat it doesn't sound any different
is it using stock piping?
any HP in removing resonator?
soryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #33
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
i dont know about you guys but i have no cat and 3 inch straight pipe and it runs fine, i didnt loose any torque or bullshit like that lol. you guys are silly
Truth, in fact IIRC one of the magazines showed that the KA even NA, gains power/torque with a 3 inch exhaust. You're not losing torque, and backpressure is a myth. Hell most aftermarket s2000 exhaust are 65mm because of the bullshit claim of backpressure, and everyone that has gone to the 70/75/80mm has GAINED power throughout the entire powerband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo1 View Post
This is true......on my 93 i changed the pistons to the ones from the early 89 witch are almost flat and im using an s14 ka head after some time i put on a 3 inch cat and a 3 inch exhaust with a 4 inch tip....it was a gift from a friend.....i love the sound but i lost so much torque.......i hate it.......i need the back pressure....i had a factory exhaust before that and it was way way better and quite as he'll lol
if you haven't dyno'd it you really don't know if you lost power/torque

Some of you guys seriously need to do more research before talking out of your asses, half this shit has been talked about all over this fucking forum.
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/177055...dyno-pics.html
http://forums.nicoclub.com/3-exhaust...e-t112978.html
There's more out there but I'm not doing the homework for you. SEARCH AND RESEARCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.

Last edited by raz0rbladez909; 06-08-2012 at 01:58 PM..
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #34
joeboo1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
joeboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
Truth, in fact IIRC one of the magazines showed that the KA even NA, gains power/torque with a 3 inch exhaust. You're not losing torque, and backpressure is a myth. Hell most aftermarket s2000 exhaust are 65mm because of the bullshit claim of backpressure, and everyone that has gone to the 70/75/80mm has GAINED power throughout the entire powerband.

if you haven't dyno'd it you really don't know if you lost power/torque

Some of you guys seriously need to do more research before talking out of your asses, half this shit has been talked about all over this fucking forum.
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/177055...dyno-pics.html
3" Exhaust Piping on NA KA24DE?!?!?! : KA24E / KA24DE Forum
There's more out there but I'm not doing the homework for you. SEARCH AND RESEARCH
I don't need to dyno the car to know i lost power.......the difference is so much that is really sucks.....no need to dyno every time you tighten a bolt or something

Last edited by joeboo1; 06-11-2012 at 06:40 PM..
joeboo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #35
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
56 hp at 7200 54 tq 6800

stfu
feito is offline   Reply With Quote